FAQ: Rare Pok

Posted by sabre

[font=georgia][color=#ccff00]RUBY/SAPPHIRE

FEEBAS

1) Feebas will be found in 6 out of 400-odd random tiles on Route 119, and can be hooked up with any rod. These tiles are indistinguishable from normal tiles, except you can find feebas in them.
2) A tile is one 'space', and are the bits you can stop on.
3) The tiles randomise each time the Trendy Phrase at Dewford alters.
4) The tile you are catching the feebas in is the tile you are facing, not the tile you are standing on.
5) It'd be for your own good to catch a female, so you can keep reproducing feebas on demand without worrying about tiles ever again.
6) Feebas, contrary to popular belief, is not as crap as Magikarp, because it is rarer, and you can teach it TMs and HMs, for example, I use a feebas as an HM sleeper.

On the subject of evolving it into Milotic...
1) First, you collect up Dry-flavoured berries.
2) Then you blend them, and feed them to Feebas
3) Whatever you do, don't feed it one unless both qualities are above 20, and round about equal.
4) When it's beauty is at it's max, train it up a level and it will try to evolve. If it doesn't evolve it's beauty's not high enough.
5) You don't need to have it win a Beauty contest first.

CHIMECHO
Okays, so you all know Chimecho can be found in Mount Pyre, but you can't find it anywhere; not in the Meditite grass, and not in the building. Okay, listen up, because I had to find this out all by myself. Right now I'm training my Girafarig in the area, and as such can be bothered to give exact instructions, so you can't say 'I can't find it...'.

1. Go up onto the top altar in the misty bit of Mount Pyre, where there's a Man and a Woman, and where the Orbs are.
2. Go down by one steppe (Genghis Khan strikes Back!), and then as far left as is humanly possible.
3. You should see a path leading upwards. Go up it, and you should see two graves and some grass to your left. This is where you can find Chimecho.
4. Haunts for Chimecho can also be found on the far right of the same steppe, or on the right of the steppe three staircases below the altar. Note that there is an item (can't remember what) if you go left on the steppe three down from the top.
5. Do not be discouraged if you can't find one, they are quite rare, though I own three, two of which I caught one directly after the other, so they're not that rare. It only takes about 10-20 minutes average.

NOSEPASS
This is another one which nobody can ever find, and for good reason. It's very improbable that you should run into one without intending to.
1. Fly (or surf, it doesn't matter) to Dewford, and get something with Rock Smash out of the PC, and if you have one get your black flute, the appearance rate is very high, and annoying.
2. Go northwards to Granite Cave. If you haven't beaten Brawly yet, it doesn't particularly matter, it is now as easy as hell to see without Flash. Besides which, the floors are pretty much the same all the way through. The only paths you should need to follow are n shaped (NOT capital n, small n.)
3. Go down the first set of stairs to floor G1, and go clockwise along the gentle curve of the path, until you reach the stairs.
4. On floor G2, go anticlockwise, until you reach some smashable rocks.
5. Save the game.
6. Smash the three rocks up. You are most likely to either A. find a Geodude, or B. Find nothing at all, but don't be discouraged. A-B-Select-Start it, and smash up those rocks until a Nosepass comes out. One will, eventually.

SKITTY
There are two ways to get Skitty, and they are as follows:
1. Search in the grass in route 116. It's elusive, but not as elusive as Surskit. Note that it may help if there has recently been a news report about it, so look out for them.
2. Catch a relatively common Pikachu from the Safari Zone, and fly to Fortree. (NOTE: I often say to fly places, as it's the most convenient way of getting around. You do not necessarily have to fly in any of these ^_^)
Go up the ladder to the northern decks, and go into the first building you come across. There should be a girl in there, talking to a Zigzagoon. Talk to her and she says she will give you a Skitty named 'Skitit' for a Pikachu. I enjoy giving the Pikachu a repulsive name to serve her right for cursing the Skitty with a name like Skitit. May I recommend 'Turd-face'?

RELICANTH
1. Relicanth can appear on the sea-routes, but only underwater, it will never appear on top of the water, so don't waste your time trying to find it there.
2. Contrary to popular belief, Relicanth can be found on ANY tile underseas, and doesn't have a similar tile-clause to Feebas.
3. Relicanth is quite elusive, and is also good at breaking out of balls. As such, I advise you to take as many Dive Balls as you can afford along with you. In all the time I've tried to catch Relicanths (I've been trying to form a colony), I've never been able to keep one in an Ultra Ball, only in Dive Balls.

CARVANHA
[quote=MasterAsh]Carvanha can be found on Route 119. . .same place you find Feebas. (Good Rod or Super Rod only, preferably Super Rod.)

(*digs around*

It can also be fished from Route 118. Same clause about the Rods.)

And yes, Corphish is in both Petalburg and Route 117. . .and also Route 102. (Once again, same clause with the Rods.)
JIGGLYPUFF
Jigglypuff lurks hidden away on Route 115. To find it, go through Meteor Falls, and then west until you reach the beach. Surf into the water, and go north until you reach an island with a Blackbelt and an Expert on it. There will be a patch of grass in the north-west of the island, in which you can find Taillow, Swellow, and Jigglypuff. And possibly a few Zigzagoon or something else I can't remember.

REGI-X
First, make sure you have a pok

Posted by Shade

I figure this question might be appropriate for the thread. In Fire Red/Leaf Green, where do you catch Horsea?

Posted by Guest

Quoting Shade32: I figure this question might be appropriate for the thread. In Fire Red/Leaf Green, where do you catch Horsea?

I dunno

Posted by Guest

Easy you look in your Pokedex

Posted by Guest

how do u get the ruby plate

Posted by NorthEastGamer

On FireRed/LeafGreen how do you get the Ruby plate. I beat the elite 4 already and I went up mount ember to get it but the two rockets are still blocking my way. What do i do

Posted by kirbykid

got anything on mew??? [][][][][][]

Posted by sabre

[font=georgia][color=#ccff00]I only know of it as being available in Red/Blue, but then again I'm not exactly up to date with FR/LG, so tell me if I'm mistaken.

[quote=http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/mewglitch.html]Restart your game and play until you get HM02 Fly from the house west of Celadon City.
DO NOT fight the following trainers:
- The Youngster with a Slowpoke (Level 17) on the road to Bill's house (Route 25). He is the fourth trainer after you cross Nugget Bridge, standing directly above a female trainer and facing north.
- The Gambler with two Poliwags and a Poliwhirl (all Level 22) between Lavender Town and Saffron City (Route 8). He is standing just east of the entrance to Saffron City, facing north toward the door of the Underground Path.

Carefully follow the series of steps illustrated below.

- Make sure you have a Pok

Posted by LG master

Calling all people who have one of these pokemon in leafgreen or firered:

Magmar
Tauros
Chansey
Dragonite
Cloyster

I am in dire need of all those pokemon. They are the only ones I have yet to catch to get mew. Mew can only be caught after you have got all the other kanto pokemon. In return for one of of the beauties above I will trade any kanto pokemon (other than them). As a bonus the pokemon I trade you will also hold a master ball. (But if you're good enough to catch one of the five above you probably don't need a master ball.)

Tell me if you have any of them so a can affirm that it's possible to catch them. I'll communicate later.

Posted by NorthEastGamer

Catch Chansey in the Safari Zone. Walk around in the CORNER of the grass and you will be able to find Chansey. Thats how I did it. Cloyster. Go fishing catch Shellder use water stone to envolve it.

Posted by Henro

[QUOTE=NorthEastGamer]On FireRed/LeafGreen how do you get the Ruby plate. I beat the elite 4 already and I went up mount ember to get it but the two rockets are still blocking my way. What do i do

Posted by Riku

could someone tell me how to get mew? he is just about my favo. and have been desperatley searching for a way. help

Posted by Nizmo

Please take time in reading threads before you ask something like that.

The 6th post of this thread specifically tells you how to catch Mew. A step-by-step guide if you like, courtesy to Sabredog.

Posted by Riku

does that apply to fire red as well?

Posted by Riku

Quoting LG master: Calling all people who have one of these pokemon in leafgreen or firered:

Magmar
Tauros
Chansey
Dragonite
Cloyster

I am in dire need of all those pokemon. They are the only ones I have yet to catch to get mew. Mew can only be caught after you have got all the other kanto pokemon. In return for one of of the beauties above I will trade any kanto pokemon (other than them). As a bonus the pokemon I trade you will also hold a master ball. (But if you're good enough to catch one of the five above you probably don't need a master ball.)

Tell me if you have any of them so a can affirm that it's possible to catch them. I'll communicate later.

if you catch all the kanto pokemon you can get mew? If so, when you do where do you catch him?

Posted by Shade

I'd asume so, since it mentions Celadon City. But Nintendo might have fixed that bug in FR/LG.

If you want Mew that badly, just use any cheat device you might have lying around the house. Action Replay works the best, in my opinion. But Codebreaker and Gameshark work as well.

Posted by finalfantasylover

About the ruby plate. In order to get to islands 4-7 dont you have to have the ruby plate.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, but you need to go to islands 4-7 to get the sapphire plate.

Posted by evil bunny overlord

Northeastgamer i know how to get the ruby plate, cath 60 pokemon and go back

Posted by sabre

Though I doubt that LG master is going to return, I added guides for Magmar, Tauros, Chansey, Dragonite, and Cloyster; all the ones he asked for, and one for Kangaskhan, seeing as that's one which is infamous for being hard to find.

Posted by Romani

can u guys find a code for Jirachi and Deoxys

Posted by Klarth

The power is in your hands. Can you? :link:

[url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url]

Posted by Shade

No way! Asking people in a forum and waiting days for an answer is sooo much better than checking a well known website and finding what I'm looking for in seconds. :rolleyes:

Posted by FavoJavo

In Emerald Version if you have at least 1 pokeball and a open slot in your party when your Nicada evolves at level 20 in the open slot will be a shedija

Posted by James

I hate not having GameShark, Action Replay, etc.

Posted by trestinator

isn't there a way to catch deoxys without cheating? i've hear of a way but i don't know what it is.

Posted by sabre

If you go to a nintendo event, they can hook your fire red or leaf green up with an item (rainbow ticket? aurora ticket? something like that) which unlocks islands on which you can catch Ho-oh, Lugia, and Deoxys.

Other than that, no way.

Posted by sabre

I added one for Raikou, Entei and Suicune in FRLG.

If anyone has any FAQs that aren't listed here (particularly for gold and silver legendaries - i'm rusty on gs and never played crystal), then I'm currently accepting them via PM. You will be given full credit.

Posted by ProtomanV2

Quoting James: I hate not having GameShark, Action Replay, etc.

Even if you did Deoxys and Mew wont obey you (Jirachi will). You must get them one of two different ways.

1. Deoxys only - Get the Aurora or Rainbow ticket (not sure which) and go to Birth Island

2. Both - Find a cheat code for a Box1 Slot1 pokemon then it will probably obey you.

Posted by James

Quoting ProtomanV2:

1. Deoxys only - Get the Aurora or Rainbow ticket (not sure which) and go to Birth Island

How do I get the Aurora/Rainbow Ticket?

Posted by sabre

Only way to do it is by going to an event, unfortunately. I have no hacking devices either, if it's any consolation.

Posted by James

Well, at least I'm not the only one.

-sigh- Stupid Nintendo. Holding events only in major cities, never near where I live. They expect us to spend money to go 25/50/100+ miles just so we can get a Pokemon unlocked in our games? Ninty just don't know what it's doing anymore. But enough'a that.

Posted by Jean Paul

Quoting Riku: could someone tell me how to get mew? he is just about my favo. and have been desperatley searching for a way. help

It has something with Emerald...i

Posted by GameMiestro

I know you can do it in the Japanese version of Emerald, I'm not sure about the American version.

Posted by sabre

It's another silly event thing, I think. You get a ticket and go to Mew Island or whatever it might be called (rainbow island?).

Posted by GameMiestro

Serebii.net hasn't updated their Emerald strategies from Japanese... :(

Posted by Red

Im playing fire red again because I let my friend delete my file, but in my old file I had all the rare pokemon from blue and red versions but in my file now I'm trying to get articuno again does anyone have any advise on catching it, even with an ultra ball the sucker keeps escaping.

Posted by Zeta

Try to put it to sleep, or paralyze it. Then have a Pokemon, like Farfetch'd, use False Swipe until Articuno's HP is whittled to 1. Then just spam Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball. It can still take a while to catch, even with 1 HP and a status effect. I used up about 20 Ultra Balls trying to catch Moltres.

Posted by Red

d*mn, I have a syther level 57 right now using false swipe but I forgot to bring a sleeping pokemon thanks

Posted by Zeta

Make sure it's a sleep-inducing move that has high accuracy, k? :cookie: A Paras/Parasect's Spore move would do well, if it can survive Articuno's attacks.

Posted by Red

thanks again I'll try that but what about a jigglyPuff I also have one of those

Posted by Zeta

Not too sure about Sing. Check the accuracy for it. Though I'm pretty sure Jigglypuff would be decimated by Articuno before being able to pull Sing off.

Maybe you should try paralyzing. Thunder Wave has a high accuracy, and of course paralysis doesn't wear off after a while, like sleep, which means you'd spend less time using a status inducing move and more time tossin' Ultra Balls.

Posted by Red

haha okay thanks for all the help I'll try it out now.

Posted by giminius

How exactly do those pokespots work? I heard you're supposed to find rare pokemon in them (other than zubat).

Posted by GameMiestro

Pokespots? Do you mean like the download spots?

Posted by holy_flare

[quote=giminius]How exactly do those pokespots work? I heard you're supposed to find rare pokemon in them (other than zubat).

To get them to work better...I think you have to put more food at each spot. For me, the amount of food at a certain spot changed the certain pokemon that appeared there. I found a few other pokemon like Surskit (oasis), Aron (cave), and Trapinch (rock), but that's about it.

If you are talking about Pokemon XD or Coloseum, then I don't think you can't get any really rare pokemon except for Togetic and Toge...something...if you consider them rare. I don't know if you get them in XD, but you do get them in Coloseum. I don't even think you get any really rare pokemon in those games because the amount you get is limited. You only get somewhere between 80 and 50 pokemon in the XD version. In the Coloseum version, I think you get a little less.

Some people think that you get lots more pokemon in Pokemon XD because there is extra space in the pokemon holder thing...but I think it's only because you can catch more of the same pokemon if you get it at a pokespot.

[SIZE=3]Hope this helps.[/SIZE]

Posted by Meteordragon01

Quoting Sabredog: It's another silly event thing, I think. You get a ticket and go to Mew Island or whatever it might be called (rainbow island?).

Pokemon Emerald Locations: In all of these events, you have to take a boat to the islands.

Pokemon Name:Mew
Number in pokedex: #151
How to get it:Get something called an Old Sea Chart which is a map to the island or use a cheating device.
Event: You have to play an annoying little game with it first before you can battle and catch it.

Pokemon Name:Deoxys(Speed,Attack,and Defense forms)
Pokemon Number in pokedex: #386
How to get it: Go all the way to New York city and get someone to upload an Aurora Ticket into your game or use a cheating device..
Event: You have to solve an annoying triangle puzzle.

Pokemon Name:Celebi
Pokemon Number in pokedex: #251
How to get it: Go all the way to New York City and ask someone or use a cheating device.
Event: Unknown...

Pokemon Name's: Latios and Latias
Pokemon Numbers in pokedex: Latios:#381/Latias:#380
Location: There's the one you get after the Elite Four which you activate when you watch a tv saying that a strange Blue/Red pokemon has been seen flying across the region. The other one you didnt catch is on Southern Island.
How to get them: Look for the one mentioned on the tv around the entire map. The other one is obtainable through getting an Eon Ticket. There are four ways to get the Eon Ticket.
1. Goto New York City and get one uploaded into your game.
2. Use a cheating device.
3. Try to find the nintendo power magizine that had an Eon Ticket in it as a special gift. The Eon Ticket is an item in real life and is also on the game. (It was an E-reader Card)
4. Mix data with a person who has an Eon Ticket on their game and it will be transfered to your game.
Event: With Southern Island event you just have to make your way up to an egg-looking object and click in it.

Pokemon Name's: Lugia and Ho-oh
Pokemon Number's in pokedex: Lugia:#249/Ho-Oh:#250
How to get them: Goto New York City and get a Mystic Ticket uploaded into your game or use a cheating device
Event: You just have to find your way up or down the staircases untill you reach the rooms that they are in.

And please tell me that this helped at least someone.....

Posted by giminius

I hope they're still there. It's been a while since I visited the pokecenter.

Posted by Gregaman91

Hello everybody!!! Anyone who has a ruby, sapphire, and emerald and an action replay I'll give them the codes to any pokemon that they want just ask!!!

Posted by Dakota H

did you know that the pokemon game Diamond and perl are going to come out for the nintendo DS (dont know when)

Posted by Dakota H

ill give you the site name well if you go on yahoo.com and type in pokemon Diamond & pearl the videos will come up

Posted by Gregaman91

dude dont triple post and we already knew that information for a while!!

Posted by fireboy63

jawannaman

Posted by fireboy63

boo

Posted by fireboy63

dragon ball z

Posted by fireboy63

girl i think my butt gettin big

Posted by WackoHater2

Lmao. fireboy63, your retarted.

Posted by Dog

has anyone gotten Celebi on pokemon silver? i use to have him a long while ago and I don't remember how i got him.

Posted by WackoHater2

I dont remember how to get him either. Sorry. I did have him though.. but I used an Action Replay. I'll never use one of those again. It screwed up my game so badly.

Posted by Dog

i cant remember fully, but i think it was a pokemon trade that caused it..a lv 100 mew for a lv 100 kingler and the game freezes, and when you load it you have him. But I severely doubt thats how you get him. That could've been somthing else.

Posted by WackoHater2

I never heard that. Its a possibility though I guess. I had never heard of the whole thing where you can get Mew in Blue Version I think. Ever heard of it? Its hard to explain. Like you gotta get in front of this guy, pause and Fly before he battles you, and then go to Lavender and go west or something. It worked it was awesome.

Posted by Dog

does anyone know how to duplicate items and pokemon on gold/silver? i haven't played it in so long i cant remember how..

Posted by Colonel

I think you need game shark, but im not sure.

Posted by WackoHater2

I think to duplicate Pokémon (and items, just attach it to the Pokémon) in Gold.Silver, you need to put the desired Pokémon in an empty box in Bill's PC. Then, save the game. When it says "Do not switch off power" shut it off. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure its how you do it. If its not, its something like that.

Posted by Dog

I looked it up. You were close, but what you do is put a pokemon in a box, then change boxes. it will say it is saving when you change boxes and THAT is when you turn off the power. You'll end up with one in your party and in the box. To do items, you give a pokemon that item and duplicate the pokemon. An easy way to level up with rare candys.

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Shalien: I looked it up. You were close, but what you do is put a pokemon in a box, then change boxes. it will say it is saving when you change boxes and THAT is when you turn off the power. You'll end up with one in your party and in the box. To do items, you give a pokemon that item and duplicate the pokemon. An easy way to level up with rare candys.

I really doubt this. That trick worked on Red and Blue, because they required you to save every time you did anything with a box. They fixed that problem in Gold and Silver.

BTW, the only non-hack way to get Celebi in GS is either by trading or by winning a TCG tournamment sponsored by Nintendo. Which probably no longer exists...

Posted by Dog

Quoting GameMiestro: I really doubt this. That trick worked on Red and Blue, because they required you to save every time you did anything with a box. They fixed that problem in Gold and Silver.
[url=http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/gscclone.html]When i tried it worked.[/url]

[QUOTE=GameMiestro]BTW, the only non-hack way to get Celebi in GS is either by trading or by winning a TCG tournamment sponsored by Nintendo. Which probably no longer exists...
It was a trade mix up. I traded a lv 2 Rattata for a lv 100 Mew and a lv 3 Rattata for a lv 100 Kingler. I didn't want the file anymore so I restarted and I'm pretty sure thats how I got him... But honest to God, I had him. His moves were Heal bell, Hidden power, Ancient Power, I can't remember the other one.

EDIT*: i found it. My explination wasn't right. but its all coming back to me about the elite four, lugia, and Ilex Forest Shrine. I also had a lv 100 charizard and 100 Venasaur/Ivysaur in my party along with lugia.

[quote=http://www.cheatingdome.com/gameboyclr/3393.htm]My Celebi is now at level 74. This is truly how you get it. What you do is defeat the Elite Four. Then trade an Ivysaur (MUST be an Ivysaur) that knows Cut from your Red/Blue game. Go to the shrine in Ilex Forest. Use Cut on the shrine. Then put Lugia at the front of your party ( it doesn't matter what level it is). Use Lugia's Fly to Fly to Mahogany Town. When you have done that, go to the Karate King in Mt. Mortar. Beat him and get Tyrogue. Evolve it into a Hitmontop. Breed Hitmontop with a Ditto and the result will be Tyrogue. Take this one to the shrine (with Lugia at the front remember) and use Cut again. Celebi comes floating out. It is at level 10 when you catch it and it isn't particularly difficult to catch.

Posted by WackoHater2

Nice. I'll have to try. I need a Red/Blue first though. And a link cable.

Posted by Dog

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E757YbGVWoo&search=Pokemon%20red/blue%20mew]mew glitch video[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tuSwT7fysA&search=Pokemon%20celebi]celebi video [part of it {in spanish}][/url]

Posted by streak101

hmmm....so all this time I couldv'e had the last stupid ting for my pokedex!? Oh WHY does Life have to make my cartridge chips dislocate?! WHY?! Sigh....oh well....to gamestop i go then.

Posted by jake from da vgchat

i want celebi but i cant b bovered 2 do all that. isnt there a quicker way than that?

Posted by Ken25

Arceus