I need help! Dreamcast wont read discs

Posted by TheSorrow

Well i was playing Sega Smash Pack Volume 1 and i was playing shining force and when i was playing it the screen turned black and and took me back to the main menu of the Dreamcast and then i tried to play it again and it say please insert disc and its in there right and the disc is clean does anyone know what to do?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Buy a Game Cube.

Posted by Vasioth

It depends. How long have you had your DreamCast? Remember, all consoles have a warranty (Usually 1-5 years) , so maybe it could be this.

But all's I could say is to take it into a Specific Game Shop that will fix consoles or infact, try a different game, and if it works with that, buy another version of the same game...

Posted by TheSorrow

does gamestop fix them or did they stop that when they didnt sell any dreamcast games and ps games and i already have a gamecube i have had my dreamcast for 2-3 years i think

Posted by Vasioth

Ah, I'm not fimiliar with GameStop you see. I know a Shop called GameMaster's who fix them, but if you aren't from the UK or someplace that had GameMaster Shops, then I can't really give advice to you.

I could advise you to check the shop out, and if they can't fix it, ask for recodemendations to shops that could fix it for you.

Posted by TheSorrow

i live in the us and there is none around me so i think ill try stores around me

Posted by SL8#

It might be a short in the sytem

Posted by avalanch

Quoting spartan.gump: Well i was playing Sega Smash Pack Volume 1 and i was playing shining force and when i was playing it the screen turned black and and took me back to the main menu of the Dreamcast and then i tried to play it again and it say please insert disc and its in there right and the disc is clean does anyone know what to do?

throw your dreamcast away and if you have a playstation, get bleemcast.

Posted by TheSorrow

bleemcast...link plz?

Posted by Vasioth

I don't think that even promotively exist's...

Posted by TheSorrow

i looked it up and it did exist but it went out due to lawsuits....so i guess ill search around to find someone that can fix it cause i really dont want to buy another system...

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

I had this same problem with my DC about a month and a half ago. Turns out that mine needed a new lasertrac motor. I wouldnt really know of any shops that repair broken DC's, since I live out in the middle of nowhere.

If your DC doesn't read any other games, and you cant find someone/someplace to fix the system itself, I suggest going on to E-bay, since Lik-Sang went out of business, their fairly cheap for a gently used one.

And..... another suggestion, DON'T PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES ON THE SMASHPACK DISCS!!!!!! Their all horrible ports! Just find the rom, and play the game using Fusion or Gens

Posted by TheSorrow

dude im so far in shining force...i dont want to switch quite yet

Posted by Creedence

Get an emulater on your computer, and splice the controler with a USB cable. Then you can put all your games on your computer, either by getting them off the disk, or downloading them. Your controller may need a driver to work on your computer. If you don't want to do this then take your dream cast a part along with all your games and deep clean it with an air can. I think their is also a way you can put your memory on the computer also, well good luck.

Posted by muffla

next time you got to gamestop or ebgames you should ask them if they know of a place that you can get them fixed, if that dosent work you can get any part you need on ebay for a cheep price and then find a manual on how to fix on the internets

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I can fix DC's no prob. If it can be fixed I'll do it for $2.50 plus shipping and handling both ways. I can also do a bunch of mods to it if you want?
I'll ship it back if I can't fix it or I'll buy it from you. By the way, what revision is it?

Posted by Acris

ueslue buy a ps2 or gamecube both good consoles or 360 i`m not hating on dreamcast i liked the game with the supercops and the pirate dude boss thinge idon`t know

Posted by Acris

**** u