Haha, I saw Tom Hanks today (Famous people you've met thread)

Posted by Kamek

I went to the Yankees game, and he sat about two rows from me. I said "Hey Tom", and he smiled. This is the first celebrity I've seen in a while (other than rappers) and I thought it was cool. He still had his DaVinci Code hairstyle, but just looked and tried to act like a regular guy.

Have you guys ever seen any celebrities? If so how did it happen?

Posted by Xero

I went to a Rolling Stones concert 2 years ago. I was close to the stage. I couldn't talk to them, but gee was I happy to be at that concert near them. :)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I would seriously have acted like a tard. He's one of the few celebs I'd do that to. He rocks.

oh yeah: I talked to Evander Holyfield while I was drunk once (Auburn Football game). I've also met Rick Flair, Charles Barkley, General Hal Moore, and Bill Kazmire.

Posted by Sterling

Don't you mean Ric flair?
Anyways, I've met Andre Debus II (He's the author of 'House of Sand and Fog') and Judith Hoag (Mother in Halloween town and was in Six Feet Under and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Their not too famous, but hey! :cookie:

Posted by Klarth

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/syndicatia/ds-4.jpg]Here's[/url] me meeting Joanna Lumley in June last year. (I'm in the middle)

And yes, she signed my DS.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/syndicatia/ds-5.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Xero

That guy beside you looks mesmerized...

Posted by Klarth

He was just a quiet guy back then, but now he comes to school stoned most of the time. It's ****ing hilarious.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, that's right! I meet the actual Mickey Jones. I belive you will all regonize him from his roles in the show Home Improvement! And for all of you Kirby fans, he was in the commercial for Kirby's Adventure on the NES! (I believe)

How did I meet this legend exactly? I saw him at the local Mann movie theaters asking for more butter on his popcorn when I was at the young age of 10. It's a moment I'll never forget.

Posted by Xero

If he looks like that when hes being quiet, I can just imagine the face he makes when he's stoned :P

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Kolo: Don't you mean Ric flair?
Anyways, I've met Andre Debus II (He's the author of 'House of Sand and Fog') and Judith Hoag (Mother in Halloween town and was in Six Feet Under and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Their not too famous, but hey! :cookie:

don't you mean They're not too famous?

Posted by Boner

Quoting Klarth: [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/syndicatia/ds-4.jpg]Here's[/url] me meeting Joanna Lumley in June last year. (I'm in the middle)

And yes, she signed my DS.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/syndicatia/ds-5.jpg[/IMG]

And like a bufoon, you went and sold it on ebay!

Anyway, I got to meet Chris Issak once and shake his hand.

Posted by Crazy K

I can say I was pretty close to meeting Bastian Booger many times (A former Pro Wrestler). I actually go to school with his son. But other then that I never got to meet any famous people yet, I was supposed to go to this wrestling show that was being held near where I live with former and new wrestlers, but I never got there.

Other then that I have yet to meet anyone cooler. :(

Posted by mis0

I said "hi" to Bruce Willis in passing once, but I never have proactively tried to meet a celebrity because I hardly even follow what's going on in Hollywood anyway.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I met Arnold Swarchenager(spelling?) in DisneyLand. He was with his family and he walked into me. He signed my CD player and bought me and my brother lunch at the Disney Hotel Resturant since he made me drop mine. He's a nice guy. Arnie is the coolest movie star I've ever met.

As for musicians, Gordie Johnson from Big Sugar spent 10 minutes signing all my Big Sugar stuff(posters, CD's, a shirt, and a hat). IT was cool.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I've personally talked to Nergal of Behemoth; Shagrath, Silenoz, and Galder of Dimmu Borgir; and Karl, Dallas, and Joe of Nile. I've also sat in a chair just a table away from King Diamond, who stayed at the same hotel I did after a show with Nile and Behemoth that I attended the night before. That was kinda cool I guess. Other than that, if you consider Bowling For Soup to be celebrities, then include them. They played a show at the skatepark/venue where I work and invited all us workers onto their tourbus to drink afterwards. I don't like their music, but they were a lot of fun.

Other than that, I've said hi to Emilio Estevez when I was about 8 years old and saw him at a hotel. That was kinda cool.

Posted by s0ul

I met Bob Saget in LAX once. And some rapper, I don't remember him though. :cool2:

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I just saw Angels and Airwaves on July 18th. After the show, I snuck backstage and spoke with Tom DeLonge for a few minutes before getting caught and kicked out. He probably would've been a lot more frienldy if he hadn't just played a show and was tired.

Posted by junior senior

my dad went to the bathroom at a concert and met the bass player for Robert Plant in there

Posted by Fate

I saw Keanu Reeves at the Sundance once. I wanted to say something, and I'm sure other people wanted to as well, but he looked so undisturbed that nobody did in the end. Also, this was about the time the Matrix movies had been released, so he probably would've killed someone hard if we went near. He didn't have a bodyguard. :(

Posted by G-Sides

i saw ryan dunn in new orleans a few years ago.
beyond him, i've met... ric flair, goldberg, the drummer for the fall of troy, the drummer for the mars volta, and all three members of genghis tron.

:s

Posted by Delilah

Um... my dad went to school with Joann Allen. And my older sister is friends with Jack Hanna.

Posted by Echo

I haven't personally met any famous person, but my grandma used to live on a golf course in Flordia and one time she saw Micheal Jordan playing golf just feet from her house.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I met Celia Cruz and Tito Fuentes at a concert in Miami years before she passed away. She was really nice to sign autographs. Some members of Linking Park were staying in the same hotel i was in like 3 months ago. I got their autographs too, even though i'm not a huge fan.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I've met Big Show, Cradle of Filth (hung out with them back stage), and UU Bush.

I want to meet Tom Hanks, though. :(

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Sapphire Rose]Cradle of Filth (hung out with them back stage)
I hope you kicked Dani's ***.

Posted by Mandude120

I went to a this years World Cup games and I was able to see many famous soccer players. I was rooting for England, but expecting Brazil to win. I was wrong, though.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Klarth: I hope you kicked Dani's ***.

No.... I'm 4 times his height. It would have been too easy.

Posted by s0ul

Oh yeah, after an Aquabats show a couple of friends and I were in the bathroom, one of us ****ed next to CRASH MCLARSEN (the bassist)!! The guy who was standing at the urinal next to him didn't realize it was him until we informed him later why we told him "good show."

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I had a couple of drinks with Andrew Seward, the vocalist from Against Me!. He's cool. I'm also somehow related to Ray Wilson, who was in the first eleven for the 1966 World Cup that England won. I met him at a wedding once.

Oh, and the freerunner, Sebastien Foucan, early last year. He's in the new Bond movie.

Posted by NES Queen

back when i worked out in the Hamptons as a kid i met quite a few people: Chevy Chase (dickhead), Puff Daddy (pompous *******), Kim Basinger (ditzy blonde), Alec Baldwin (meh), Rosie O'Donell (no comment needed) and a few others I can't recall.

Recently I've shared drinks with Pete and Bryan from the Bouncing Souls before their show at the Knitting Factory. Bumped into countless other musicians at shows and festivals as well, but the Souls were the coolest/nicest.

and I have every intention of shoving my tongue down Lars Frederiksen's throat at one point during their 4 night long concert at the end of August.

Posted by Random

Its a very short list so this will be quick.

I'll even do it in order in which I met them..

Mick Foley (*******)
Bill Cosby (Decent guy)
President Bush (Hey I personally like him)

Posted by brownoystercult

I saw Samuel L. Jackson, at Barnes and Noble, I ended up buying Pulp Fiction there, and had him sign my DVD.

I also met James Woods at Barnes and Noble, but not the same one.

Posted by Ch

I've met a few celebs.

Just last year while in Miami International Airport I was beside Fat Joe in a pizza stand line.

My sister's college roomate dated Bam Margera before he became huge and she introduced everyone to him.

I met George Carlin and Dennis Blair at the Wang Theatre in Boston after his Feb. 25th show.

EDIT: Oh yea and me and friend talked to the drummer for the band, The Roots.

Posted by Trigger

I have met Nicole Kidman and spoken to her for a bit, she's a lovely woman; my respect for her both as a person and an actress increased after that moment. Dexter Holland, but that was at a concert and shall be a time I'll never forget.

Posted by Draxamus

Quoting Trigger: I have met Nicole Kidman and spoken to her for a bit, she's a lovely woman; my respect for her both as a person and an actress increased after that moment. Dexter Holland, but that was at a concert and shall be a time I'll never forget.

Yeah Nicole Kidman is hot. I'd fuck that bitch all day! Even if she's like almost 40 or somethin.

Posted by Porcupine

I've met Mats Levén, Christofer Johnsson (therion), Kristian Niemann, Johan Niemann, Petter Karlsson, Mac, Karl Groom, Nick Midson, Steve Anderson, Richard West, Johanne James (jesus christ he's tiny!), Chris Bay, Cede Dupont, Ilker Ersin, Nils Neumann, Dan Zimmerman, Kobi Farhi, Yossi Saharon, Matti Svatizky, Uri Zelcha, Eden Rabin, Avi Diamond, Apollo Papathanasio, Gus G, Bob Katsionis, Petros Christo, Mark Cross, Bryan Josh, Heather Findlay, Liam Davison, Chris Johnson (mostly autumn), Andy Smith, Olivia Sparnen, Nils K. Rue, Steinar Krokmo, Jorn Viggo Lofstad, Stian L. Kristoffersen, Ronny Tegner, Ramon Messina, Aldo Lonobile, Paco Gianotti, Andy Burrato, Antonio Agate, Daniel Flores... And that's it. I have autographs I can photograph aswell as pictures taken with some of these people if anyone thinks I'm lying. :)

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Congratulations, I have no idea who any of those people are.

Posted by Porcupine

Yeah, I was debating with myself whether or not to post that list because the odds are most of the people who post here won't know who those people are. But you got it anyway.

Posted by NES Queen

Met the Bouncing Souls (again) yesterday at the Warped Tour. Got to act like the fangirl that I am and have them sign a poster for me. Talked with Greg about how hot it was and how it sucks that he left his sunglasses on the bus (I was tempted to go buy him a pair at one of the various stands, but I was hot and tired and lazy). Then I got to give shirtless Bryan a big squishy hug, *drool*. I love those guys.

Posted by Fate

Today I met Dave Arneson, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons. I got his autograph on a napkin. <3