Mario ROCKS!!!

Posted by andyfromspace

Mario ROCKS!!!

He's my hero and the original dude that hooked me on games.

Andy

Posted by Corrupt

Heh, his games got me hooked on video games too, pretty much. But I soon discovered that Bowser was infinitely cooler than Mario, and always will be... at least to me. Bowser is MY hero... or villain, whatever. :P

This topic, although with good intentions, is a bit bland, so... mind saying a bit more about how much you like Mario? Maybe childhood memories you have of playing the retro NES/arcade Super Mario games, staying up all night trying to defeat Bowser, etc? This goes for everyone, by the way... might as well try to make this topic have a bit more to it.

As for me, I remember the first time I played Mario Bros. for the NES. I had gotten it from my cousin Sasha along with about 30 other old NES games she didn't want anymore, and I was barely 2 years old when I first pressed the shiny red buttons. They fascinated me, and then I soon figured out that they actually did something! Ever since then, it pretty much took off... my love for video games, and my love for the Mario series. Good times, my friend... good times.

Posted by Night Owl

Bowser was always cooler, but mario was still up there with him. But why do the bad guys never win? it is my new dream to make a game and the villans take over the world! muhaha

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Even though it's most likely never going to happen. :( Nintendo wouldn't do that, I know it. Although I'm sure that you could find some kind of internet flash game out there like that. Or make your own.

And hey, Evan... what was your first experience in playing the Mario games? I'm curious.

Posted by Opeth (clone)

Quoting andyfromspace: Mario ROCKS!!!

He's my hero and the original dude that hooked me on games.

Andy

also hooked me from 4-9 those where the days.

Posted by trestinator

My first game was Mario Bros. and it had me hooked too