I'm sorry, but what the hell is this?

Posted by Klarth

I signed on today, and there was a message in my pm inbox from admiral anthrax scrotting at me for a single deleted post in the literature board. Now, this thread (the "now reading?" thread) had a specific format which anigmasis had clearly laid out in the thread's first post. Did freddy follow it? No! I deleted his post. Hmm, seems fair to me.

This pm stated that "if I pulled any stunts like this again, then all within aa's power would be done to get me de-modded". The hell? this post was a month ago, it was four words long, and I saw fit as to delete it as it was breaking that particular thread's rules. So, I'm gonna be sacked for doing my job? huh, who would have thought it.

I checked the thread and removed the offending post which aa had taken upon himself to restore, having not even made the least bit of effort to make it a slightly more reasonable addition to that thread. Four words long. FOUR SODDING WORDS. I accept the fact that the thread's purpose was that members should be able to know what their comrades are reading, but it kinda defies the point when the rest of the required information isn't present. Never even crossed his mind, did it?

Now, what enraged me most of all was that I checked out that thread a little more. I saw that mister superiority had decided to employ the good grace buried within his soul to follow the thread's rules when he made his next post, but had in the process deleted every one of my posts within the thread. Yes, every single one. No, they weren't spam. No, they didn't break the rules. No, he didn't have any reason to delete them with the sole exception of spite. So, what's the point? What is the sodding point?

Someone needs a timeout for their tempermental tendencies, I think. And a course in how not to abuse your privelages. This is bull****.

If this thread's not here next time I'm on, then I'm going to recruit support for his de-moderation. He's already done something like this (albeit on a much larger scale) to another member who's now a moderator (speed), and I was incredulous as to how he got away with hierarchial abuse last time.

(huh, what do you know. He deleted this the first time I posted it.)

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Amusing. You delete a post of MINE because you don't like me, and then whine when I let you know what's going to happen. I doubt many people here are happy with your attitude, and I think you'd be demodded LONG before I would.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: [QUOTE=Majesty][QUOTE=Admiral Anthrax][QUOTE=Majesty][QUOTE=Admiral Anthrax][QUOTE=Majesty][QUOTE=Admiral Anthrax][QUOTE=Majesty][QUOTE=Admiral Anthrax]Thanks for once again proving why you are becoming one of the most disgusting moderators of VGC. You try any stunts like that again (deleting my post), and I'm going to do all I can to have you demodded.

ooh! =o I'm so sodding scared, mister "big senior i've been here longer than you man"! Hey shat-for-brains, I don't know how long ago that SINGLE SODDING DELETED POST was, but maybe you ought to realise that you're inadvertently breaking plenty of rules yourself. I tried being nice, but no, you're a total sanctimonious dickhead, aren't you? **** off and stop trying to impose seniority and fear upon people you don't necessarily like.

Get over it. Just because you're a super mod doesn't mean that people aren't allowed to delete your posts if they see fit.

And as for "stunts like that", what about that blog of speed's that you trashed for no apparent reason?

Actually, it was agreed that super mods can't delete each other's posts. So far be it for MODERATORS to do the same thing.

Cut the attitude.

awfully sorry I didn't know that rule! sorry! I guess it was my fault entirely that I didn't have mod board access until after all the posts were deleted! silly me!

hey, you cut your own sodding attitude. This isn't a one-way street.

Hey, I'm not the one trying to pass off sarcasm that an 11 year old could beat, here

no, but you're constantly imposing childish superiority upon everyone which a five-year-old would tell you is complete fascism.

Er, no. Last I checked, you were the only one going around who was simply deleting my posts because you didn't like me. If that wasn't the case, you would have deleted every other post in that thread that didn't "conform" as well. And if anyone else wanted info on that book, they could have looked it up.

um, I deleted one of your posts because it was essentially spam. and I never said I didn't like you, but I'm certainly not your biggest fan right now. None of the other non-conformist posts in that thread were four words long or less.

as for people looking the book up if they wanted additional info on it, don't give me that. If I made my opinions four words long on the war board and insisted that people look up what I meant, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if my post was rubbished.

Spam? It was the author and the title, which are the TWO MOST IMPORTANT DETAILS.

[color=gold][quote=majesty]fact is, the thread requires slightly more than those two important details. would it have been too much of a task to type at least a few extra comments?

[quote=aa]Thank you for trying to hold me to a rule that was never even mentioned in the thread, you queen. Fact is, you deleted it just to spite me. So shut up and stop acting like you didn't.

I did not delete that post to spite you, i'm not that immature.

And the fact that the layout was given TWICE in the first post (one blank for people too lazy to edit anigmasis' text, ffs) should have been a clear enough sign for you to conform.
[/color]

Thanks for supporting my point.

Posted by Klarth

no problem.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Amusing. You delete a post of MINE because you don't like me, and then whine when I let you know what's going to happen. I doubt many people here are happy with your attitude, and I think you'd be demodded LONG before I would.

Actually, adding another strike to your power abuse record wouldn't sit too well, either.

Posted by Speedfreak

AA, how old are you, seriously? You seem far too old to be doing stuff like this for comical value. Hell, I'm the only person here capable of that >:O

Posted by Klarth

see, he's so deep in his own sh[color=3]it right now that he can't actually see anything or anyone else.[/color]

Speed: noticed that he posted the thread, not me.

Majesty, are you still talking?

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Speed: noticed that he posted the thread, not me.

Majesty, are you still talking?

Am I on your list, yet?

NEVAR!

Oh, Majesty, almost forgot: when I posted that on the lit board, I flat out didn't read the rest of the post. I just made a super quick post, because I wanted to tell people what I was reading at the time. I posted the second one in "correct format" because I had actually READ THE POST before posting that one.

Anyways, why don't you go to the music board and see how that's moderated? There's at least one thread with the "required fields", but half the replies don't even bother using them, and none of those replies get deleted. But then again, it's not moderated by power-hungry little 13 year olds who get their jollies off on trying to upstage a super mod, either. That was obviously your intent, because even you can't be so stupid as to delete a post for "not using all of the required fields", and I deleted your posts to show you that if you abuse your powers to try and upstage me, I'll just upstage you right back. Want to play this game again, or are you going to be a good little boy, now?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: NEVAR!

Oh, Majesty, almost forgot: when I posted that on the lit board, I flat out didn't read the rest of the post. I just made a super quick post, because I wanted to tell people what I was reading at the time. I posted the second one in "correct format" because I had actually READ THE POST before posting that one.

Anyways, why don't you go to the music board and see how that's moderated? There's at least one thread with the "required fields", but half the replies don't even bother using them, and none of those replies get deleted. But then again, it's not moderated by power-hungry little 13 year olds who get their jollies off on trying to upstage a super mod, either. That was obviously your intent, because even you can't be so stupid as to delete a post for "not using all of the required fields", and I deleted your posts to show you that if you abuse your powers to try and upstage me, I'll just upstage you right back. Want to play this game again, or are you going to be a good little boy, now?

You know, he's just going to get really mad at you for that, since you're making him look bad. This will just add fire to the discussion.

Not that it's a bad thing. With people getting on poor Linko's case for his unpopular views, to maian saying we're too strict, this forum is certainly more fun to read.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Anyways, why don't you go to the music board and see how that's moderated? There's at least one thread with the "required fields", but half the replies don't even bother using them, and none of those replies get deleted. But then again, it's not moderated by power-hungry little 13 year olds who get their jollies off on trying to upstage a super mod, either. That was obviously your intent, because even you can't be so stupid as to delete a post for "not using all of the required fields", and I deleted your posts to show you that if you abuse your powers to try and upstage me, I'll just upstage you right back. Want to play this game again, or are you going to be a good little boy, now?

He wasn't abusing his powers to upstage you. I've seen similar systems used at other boards, and he's taking the time to encourage more thoughtful posts in what would otherwise be a pretty mundane thread. You're the only one out of line in this instance.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Admiral Anthrax]Oh, Majesty, almost forgot: when I posted that on the lit board, I flat out didn't read the rest of the post. I just made a super quick post, because I wanted to tell people what I was reading at the time. I posted the second one in "correct format" because I had actually READ THE POST before posting that one.

If you didn't have the time to look at the format of other users' posts, perhaps you could have been considerate enough to return to the thread when you had a bit more time on your hands?

[quote=Admiral Anthrax]power-hungry little 13 year olds

I'm not power-hungry and I'm not thirteen.

See, when you're just flat-out hypocritical like that, you're really not making any friends. Sure, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, but not tooth for eye. Or, in your case, it might as well be tooth for pancreas. I'm doing my job. You're Hitler.

You sure act 13. Why should my biggest goal be to make friends, when the crowd who expects me to conform to them, flat out sucks? I actually have standards in who I choose as friends. You're not doing your job. You're being an idiot. You're not going to win this one.

Posted by sabre

He said that not being hypocritical was the reason you weren't making any friends. Therefore, you just said that people who aren't hypocritical flat out suck. Just thought you should know.

Um, excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about? He didn't say anything about me "not being hypocritical". He thinks I'm being hypocritical, for whatever reason, and says it's not making me any friends. Why the hell would I want friends like him?

Posted by Klarth

I SO WILL WIN I WILL WIN NEVER GIVE UP AND I'LL TOTALLY BAN YOU IF YOU ACT LIKE YOU WIN FOR A SECOND lol ferrari! :cool::cool2:

You are being immensely hypocritical. You state that I am power-hungry for deleting a post that is essentially spam (as you broke the rules of that thread, which you know for a fact were made very clear indeed), and then proceeded to delete every one of my non-spam posts in that thread? I think that's somewhat hypocritical, antisocial and sanctimonious of you.

I love how half the posts you make contain the word "sanctimonious", which you are either blatantly misusing or completely delusional about. I'm lost as to how me deleting two posts of yours to show you what happens when you try to be an internet tough guy toward me, is "hypocritical, antisocial and sanctimonious". I merely thought that was me putting you in your place and showing me what happens when you try to get your kicks out of deleting a super mod's post. My bad :o

Posted by G-Sides

Man, I don't know why you can't realize that he didn't delete the post to spite you. :-\

So you expect me to believe he's stupid enough to have deleted it for that exact reason that he claims he did?

...actually, I can believe that.

Posted by Skitzo Control

How is it stupid to delete a thread for the reason he stated, when the reason he stated was because it was spam?

Because his reason is utter BS. The fill ins listed were "Author, Title ,Genre, Where are you in the story, How do you like the story so far, and Other comments". I listed the author and title, which are really the only parts that should be mandatory. I didn't list genre, where I was in the story, or how I like it. That isn't spam. That's Maj being an ass. (also, it was a reply that he deleted, not a thread)

Posted by Klarth

Thing is though, the whole description is mandatory. You can't write your own rules, dip****.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Because his reason is utter BS. The fill ins listed were "Author, Title ,Genre, Where are you in the story, How do you like the story so far, and Other comments". I listed the author and title, which are really the only parts that should be mandatory. I didn't list genre, where I was in the story, or how I like it. That isn't spam. That's Maj being an ass. (also, it was a reply that he deleted, not a thread)

It's not your choice what should or shouldn't be mandatory. I'm not about to go and kill George W. Bush because "it should be legal."

Posted by Klarth

It shouldn't be an obligation to not spike people's drinks with rohypnol. FASCISM IT IS

Quoting Sabredog][/color]

It's not his either, smart guy.

Quoting Majesty: Thing is though, the whole description is mandatory.

Moron, no it was NOT. Unless it was specifically stated in the thread WHICH IT WASN'T, and unless it was really in the rules WHICH IT WASN'T, then it wasn't mandatory. Why don't YOU listen to your own advice, and stop making your own rules?

Posted by sabre

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: It's not his either, smart guy.

Well, yeah, it is, seeing as he's the only person who's specifically in charge of the Lit/Fanfic board.

And seeing as in I'm in a higher position than him overall, if it was anyone's job to make up rules there, it would be mine over his. Honestly, stop making stuff up on the spot.

Posted by sabre

I call bullpoop. Really, from what I'm seeing, you're viewing your position as an excuse to get past what the mods rule - his word is of at least equal value to yours in that board if not more seeing as you both have equal powers over it, "hi, i'm in the header" is not an excuse to bypass what he says.

Posted by Klarth

Look, he's been here longer than you, so he's an OH SO OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR super mod.[/re-writing things in one's own favour]

Now, see here. This whole power-abuse spite spree has reached its end as far as I'm concerned. This is over one petty, pathetic incident which you have taken against your ego unecessarily. PLEASE accept the fact that you were wrong, or I'm going to take this as far as possible.

De-mod Admiral Anthrax. I'm sick of such a pathetic, abusive man being in the highest obtainable position on these boards, and he's tailoring everyone to his needs. This has got to be stopped immediately.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Agreed. There was that problem with Speedfreak several months ago, and I swear there was some friction between him and Netman and/or Altinure.

Posted by Crono

Quoting Majesty: Thing is though, the whole description is mandatory. You can't write your own rules, dip****.

So now people can't be short on time? If every Sim Battle post I had that I had half finished and come back to later to fix had been deleted, I'd have like 17 posts. Now, before I jump too far here...how long did you wait before deleting the post?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Why would it matter how long he waited? This is a lot different from a Sim Battle, considering Sim battles are usually multiple paragraphs long, and his post was four words.

Posted by Crono

Well, it does matter. If he deleted it the second he saw it I could understand why AA would be angry, but if it sat for a few days and he didn't go back to fix it then I can understand the deletion. I'm quite aware that it's different than Sim Battle, thank you. But it's the easiest way for me to relate to it, and either way, people can just be short on time.

Posted by Skitzo Control

He could easily repost four words, though. Four words is less than thirty seconds, and could be about one second for those with quick fingers. I'm sure AA remembers the entire post, I'm sur ehe can post it again, and this time with all of the material requested.

Posted by Crono

Of course. I could do the same thing. The point is, it's probably quite annoying when you come back to edit a post and you find it missing. I know I'd be ticked off about it. I see your point, but I also see why he'd be angry...

Quoting Sabredog][/color]

Moron, in case you didn't notice, it's a "rule" that was never named, and has never previously applied. Why should I just assume it NOW?

Quoting Majesty: Look, he's been here longer than you, so he's an OH SO OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR super mod.[/re-writing things in one's own favour]

Now, see here. This whole power-abuse spite spree has reached its end as far as I'm concerned. This is over one petty, pathetic incident which you have taken against your ego unecessarily. PLEASE accept the fact that you were wrong, or I'm going to take this as far as possible.

De-mod Admiral Anthrax. I'm sick of such a pathetic, abusive man being in the highest obtainable position on these boards, and he's tailoring everyone to his needs. This has got to be stopped immediately.

Ha, threatening me. You are an imbecile, an internet tough guy, and a looney. Good luck getting me demodded. I doubt it will work.

[quote=Skitzo Control;] He could easily repost four words, though. Four words is less than thirty seconds, and could be about one second for those with quick fingers. I'm sure AA remembers the entire post, I'm sur ehe can post it again, and this time with all of the material requested.

No can do, because I'M NOT READING THE BOOK ANYMORE!!! And I'm not going to tailor my post to some stupid whim made up on the spot by Majesty anyways.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: No can do, because I'M NOT READING THE BOOK ANYMORE!!! And I'm not going to tailor my post to some stupid whim made up on the spot by Majesty anyways.

And now that you're not reading the book anymore, why is this still going on? I say it'd be a good idea to drop the whole ordeal, but if such a thing happens again with you and another member, I believe the rest of the forum agrees with me that you will be demodded.

Way to miss the point. And I'm not dropping it until Majesty admits that he was in the wrong for trying to hold me to a made-up-on-the-spot rule.

Seeing as we've only heard agreements with you from Sabredog and Majesty, I suggest you don't try to tell me who agrees with you until you actually know.

Posted by sabre

Just because you've not heard people agreeing doesn't mean they don't. I've known quite a few people to be quite on Majesty's side through talking to them on AIM.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Crono]Well, it does matter. If he deleted it the second he saw it I could understand why AA would be angry, but if it sat for a few days and he didn't go back to fix it then I can understand the deletion. I'm quite aware that it's different than Sim Battle, thank you. But it's the easiest way for me to relate to it, and either way, people can just be short on time.

I'm pretty positive it was posted about two days before I deleted it.

[quote=Admiral Anthrax]You are an imbecile

pff

[quote]an internet tough guy

You are a hypocrite.

[quote]and a looney

I'm clinically paranoid, but I don't think this means I'm a "looney".

[quote]No can do, because I'M NOT READING THE BOOK ANYMORE!!! And I'm not going to tailor my post to some stupid whim made up on the spot by Majesty anyways.

Let me lay out a model example for you.

If you enter that "battle of the pics" thread and start posting crap like "heh, your pic was funny" and "OH OWNED!!!!", and people start breathing down your neck for not following the thread's rules, you can't simply state that it was a stupid rule created on a whim.

[quote=Admiral Anthrax]...until Majesty admits that he was in the wrong for trying to hold me to a made-up-on-the-spot rule.

Aren't you in the wrong for deleting posts out of pure spite? Aren't you in the wrong for claiming false superiority over people? Aren't you in the wrong for pruning threads out of regard for your own image?

Game over, Freddy.

Quoting Majesty:
If you enter that "battle of the pics" thread and start posting crap like "heh, your pic was funny" and "OH OWNED!!!!", and people start breathing down your neck for not following the thread's rules, you can't simply state that it was a stupid rule created on a whim.

Aren't you in the wrong for deleting posts out of pure spite? Aren't you in the wrong for claiming false superiority over people? Aren't you in the wrong for pruning threads out of regard for your own image?

Game over, Freddy.

1) Lame example. That is like comparing a Playstation to a box of cracker jack.

2) Spite? No. To show you that you can't mess with me and get away with it? Yeah. Your point is moot.

Post something worth replying to, or I'm done replying. You have done nothing to further your own point.

Posted by netman

*cough*

ElPikachupacabra: and majesty is an ass. he tried to upstage me, and really, I deleted posts of his to piss him off more than anything else
ElPikachupacabra: why don't you try keeping that bet then?
spitzenqualitait: That is an abuse of power.
ElPikachupacabra: oh well, it's still fun as hell
spitzenqualitait: So you admit you abused your power?
spitzenqualitait: And if you deem such abuses "fun", you are perfectly alright with doing it?
ElPikachupacabra: I take the fifth, good sir. :-P
ElPikachupacabra: I did way worse when I deleted speedy's blog, and I didn't get demodded. I doubt pissing majesty off just a lil' is going to get me demodded, especially when it's all due to his abuse of power

so? I'm not going to say I didn't want to show Majesty not to mess with me.

Posted by netman

*shrug*

that log speaks a lot louder than I can on certain issues.

It's pointless. I already said I deleted the posts to put Maj in his place, and I think it's obvious that I would enjoy it rather than hate it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Like I said before, we drop this, and if we have another problem with AA, he should be demodded.

Posted by Klarth

Seeing as he's admitted power abuse on multiple occasions, I think he ought to be demodded now.

Wasn't "oh bad boy don't do it again or there'll be consequences!!!" the attitude last time?

And who is spitzenqualitait?