Cnet has no idea what vaporware is

Posted by Klarth

So Cnet recently did a list of vaporware products that read as follows...

Duke Nukem Forever (Yes, this might as well be)
The Phantom Game Console (Yep, this too)
Prey (...Didn't it just come out?)
Starcraft Ghost (Uh, no, it was cancelled)
Sam and Max: Freelance Police (this was cancelled years ago)
PlayStation 3 (I'm not gonna ask)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Under a rock much?)
Team Fortress 2 (hahahaha)
Fallout 3 (No idea.)
Earthbound 64/Mother 3 (Cancelled years ago/recently brought back on GBA).

So out of those ten, two are vapourware and one I have no clue about. Pretty depressing on their behalf.

In the meantime, I guess you can all use this thread to discuss vapourware in its various forms. Or just Duke Nukem, perhaps.

Posted by G-Sides

what the **** is vaporware.

Posted by Klarth

Anything that's announced and then suddenly fades from the public eye with no further updates - not even a cancellation notice.

I mean, hell, Duke Nukem Forever might be coming out this year "totally for reals".

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Dead Phoenix. *sob*

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Klarth:
Fallout 3 (No idea.)

It's actually been handed over to the folks at Bethesda (guys who did Elder Scrolls).

It was under the code name (or, it is thought to have been) Van Buren for a while. Interplay collapsed, and Betheseda got the rights. Some members plan to make it, and as a worthy sequel too. No word has yet been released if they will go ahead with the plan or not, though.

And it seems that CNET is stupid. >_>

Posted by Fate

I did hear Prey was good, though. Weird that it's on a vaporware list.

Posted by Axis

Prey was good, even though it was only 6 hours. I feel it was one of the better FPS stories I've played in a long time.

Posted by muffla

just remember duke nukem will be ready "when its done" no matter how good it is with the, i dno 7 years? it wont be able to live up to its hype