Miami Vice

Posted by Last Fog

I saw this tonight. My freinds asked me to go... I wasn't expecting much, Actually, I expected it to be bad, but at least have some cool action scenes and explosons. I was right about the bad part, except there was little action. The movie was very slow moving, boring, and had a terrible, almost non-existant script. I could barely follow what was going on because I couldnt pay attention for more than 5 minutes through all the stupid jargon. Thinking back, I dont even know how it lasted two hours, because very little happened. The pace finally picked up at towards maybe the last quarter of the movie. The two main characters had no personality and I found it strange that two crime fighting partners barely talked to each other throughout the entire film. This movie could have been summed up in maybe a half an hour minus all the pointless dialogue and unessesary sex scenes. Don't waste your time or money.

Posted by XeroPercent

If not for Keanu Reeves, Colin Ferrel would be the worst actor ever.

Posted by Dexter

ive liked every michael mann film that ive seen so i expect ill like this one too. i like what he does with the scenery

Posted by NeXidala

Wow, thanks Last Fog. There was a possibility I might have gone to see that movie but the chance has now totally been lost. There is no way I'm going to waste money nor time to watch such a bad movie. As for Colin Farrell, he's just one of those pretty boy actors who can't really act un the first place. If he was ugly, he wouldn't have a job.

Posted by WackoHater2

I thought this movie was based on the Vice City video game.. until I saw somewhere it was for an old TV show. Anyway, it looks and sounds like it sucks.. so I wont be seeing it.

Posted by boomstick

Not too surprised, about what I expected.

Posted by El Capitan

I saw it couple days ago and thought it was good, but not good enough to buy. I think the worse part of the movie was the music and you didn't really feel the vibe that it was in Miami, it could have been filmed anywhere.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting El Capitan: you didn't really feel the vibe that it was in Miami, it could have been filmed anywhere.
You mean aside from the ten total minutes of boat driving footage?

Posted by Mandude120

I saw this movie, and I didn't really like it. I expected more action less talking. More tactics on escaping, but alas, nothing. It was very dull and didn't live up to its expectations. Not only that, but it felt uncomfortable watching some of the scenes with my younger sister. I took her, because she likes action movies, but I noticed she seemed uncomfortable in the sexual scenes. It was a big let down.

Posted by Random

I'll probably still go to see this movie. It kind of sucks theres a lot of talking from what I gather. But i've kind of been pretty hyped to see this movie for a while now so i'll more than likely go see it.

Posted by Crazy K

I myself was not expecting it to be any good. It looks like a fun movie, but not fun enough. I will surly rent it once it comes out.

Posted by Klarth

I saw the trailer last night. A Lincoln Park song was playing in the background. They've ruined the franchise.

[quote=El Capitan]it could have been filmed anywhere.
It was filmed in Montevideo, Uruguay. I was there while they were wrapping up filming.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: A Lincoln Park song was playing in the background.

Nuh-uh. It was a Jay-Zee/Lincoln Parck coolaberashun.

Posted by Apathetic

I didnt like it either way! :mad:

Posted by Domino

Miami Vice = Boring as all hell. The only good part was at the beginning when the cops cover was blown and they got pumped in the car.