Dodgy controller cords

Posted by D.J Cat

With the Gamecube controllers, it seems the cords on them go all kinky and don't bend well.

There was never any problem like this with the N64 or any other controllers I know of.

Anyway, does anyone know of anything to stop the cords from doing this?

:link:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

If my kinky you mean sexual... no, it can't be stopped.

Otherwise, just make sure you don't twist the controllers around to much. If it gets to twisted, hold the controller up, and slid your fingers down the cord. It should take out oll the knots and whatever.

I don't think there's any real way to stop it, other then making sure it doesn't happen.

Posted by Nizmo

For me, it seems to only happen with the purple controllers. There could be other reasons though. For instance, pushing the cord further into the controller messes the wires up. But, if you do what Vampiro said, then be sure to apply a certain amount of pressure while sliding your finger down the cord. That gets the knots out better. It's because of this problem I was forced to buy 3 Wavebirds.

Quoted post: It's because of this problem I was forced to buy 3 Wavebirds.

Ah, of course. If they bother you, you might as well throw away those corded controllers and stick with the Wavebirds (no rumble? Oh well).

Quoted post: For me, it seems to only happen with the purple controllers.

It happens to all of 'em. Purple, spice, black, et cetera. Even XB and PS2 controllers. It's even worse when they all manage to get twisted together.

Posted by loony636

This happens with Xbox controllers, even if you try to prevent it. I went to my friends house, and all his controllers had twisted cords (he had an Xbox), he went to extreme lengths not to get them twisted, but he couldn't do it.

I also have a Wavebirds, they're awesome, I can play up to 10 metres away from the Gamecube, but

[QUOTE=Vampiro]no rumble? Oh well

Posted by Crono

Yeah, the easy solution is to get a wireless, but putting like they said, pressure as you pull down on the cord. Make sure you hold the end of the cord near the controller while you do this though....you don't want to yank the cord out of the controller now, do you? -_^

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Vampiro:
If it gets to twisted, hold the controller up, and slid your fingers down the cord. It should take out oll the knots and whatever.

That seems to work very well.

It does the trick on mine. Thanks.

and....
" If my kinky you mean sexual... no, it can't be stopped."

Well it is their choice I guess...

Posted by segashadow128gcn

take you fingers and repeat the stringing process over and over and over... untell its lose

Posted by Litbut

That doesn't really happen to my cords and I don't try to stop it from happening.

Posted by Arczu

I better watch out for that... I got a controler whose cords have a frayed segement in them.

I was thinking the when I put the controller away, instead of wrapping up the cord around the controller you tie up the cord loosley and then put it away. That always worked for me.

Posted by Black Shadow

My first two GCN controllers have old, twisty cord because I didn't care for them properly. After I bought some new ones, I took the care to come up with a way to keep them looking new and straight. It works pretty good.

You have to unplug the controller from the console and then wrap the cord tightly around the controller so that it goes in between the Control Stick and the C Stick. Continue until you have wound the entire cord this way.

Quoting Black Shadow: My first two GCN controllers have old, twisty cord because I didn't care for them properly. After I bought some new ones, I took the care to come up with a way to keep them looking new and straight. It works pretty good.

You have to unplug the controller from the console and then wrap the cord tightly around the controller so that it goes in between the Control Stick and the C Stick. Continue until you have wound the entire cord this way.

**** that, it makes the cord even worse. It's like folding a piece of paper, that fold stays there even after you unfold it. of course, it's not to the same degree, but point stands.

If the GC is on a shelf, have the cord hang over the edge, and plce the controller beside the console. That's what I do, and I barely have any problems. Even with six or seven cords lying around.