Delete the flame board

Posted by Klarth

This **** is getting retarded FAST. For the past few days it's been nothing but pathetic *****ing and groping for reason in a sea of stupid crap - I'm actually offended by how stupid the stuff in there is.

Posted by Dexter

yes, plz do. flames towards members should just be allowed and put into the community forum.

Posted by Klarth

Some of the stupid **** that goes on in there should just be permanently done away with, though. Having a board for it breeds that kind of idiocy.

Posted by Fate

I think it's okay to have around. It just needs better moderation.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Klarth: This **** is getting retarded FAST. For the past few days it's been nothing but pathetic *****ing and groping for reason in a sea of stupid crap - I'm actually offended by how stupid the stuff in there is.

I personally think you're an over-reacting baby right now. But if it makes you feel so bad, I think we should get rid of it. I wouldn't want Klarth to be "offended".

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Princess Fate]
I think it's okay to have around. It just needs better moderation.I'm sick of having to trawl through it six times a day and delete every thread Bakura makes along with all the "haha you're gay" posts that seem to be all over the place right now. If you're going to take care of it, be my guest - I don't give a **** about how it's maintained anymore.
[quote=Ant]
I personally think you're an over-reacting baby right now. But if it makes you feel so bad, I think we should get rid of it. I wouldn't want Klarth to be "offended".
What the **** am I overreacting to? I'm doing what I'm meant to be doing.

Posted by Fate

I took care of it. I'll even continue to do so.

Posted by Klarth

AAAHHHH, DOES HE NEVER ****ING SHUT UP

Posted by Fate

Mass-prune. <333

Posted by Dexter

the problem seems to be that banned members are allowed to post in there

Posted by Klarth

*** ****it Linkman, if you hadn't deleted that merged sticky of his posts in the flame board he wouldn't be spamming the **** out of it.

Posted by Iris

Jesse created the board with the intention for the thread-makers to spam and get flamed. Shame it's not just the thread-makers spamming. Get rid of it, and maybe we can be a little more loose with insulting members outside of the board. It's becoming a new Wacko board.

Posted by Shin-Ra

The whole purpose of the community board is to hold threads regarding the people at the forum, even if they are flames. Still, I say keep the Flame Board as a sub-forum. It keeps stupid, petty arguments away from the more peaceful Community board and out of mind's eye.

Hey, if people are posting flames in the proper place, it should be a clue that they'd still be posting them if they're as pissed off as a few people here are.

Posted by Klarth

I say that if the decision rolls around to keeping it, Jesse should disable banned posters using it. IT'S MOTHER****ING INFURIATING.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Can supermods still mass delete posts by one member? I remember a feature like that used to exist.

Posted by Iris

Also, change the board description. I'm sick of deleting smilie posts.

Posted by Hyper

I think it's fine how it is, with banned members being allowed in it. Who cares? It's the flame board. Let them do what they want in there as they can't do it anywhere else. Besides, you know what other board lacks a flame forum? WIREFORUMS. Yeah, take that, Klarthy.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now now, the banned members have to be able to defend themselves when morons make threads there about them. er...didn't some one warn you all that the board would just encourage every one to hate each other!!! The last people to ban from the board are people who are banned and people every one hates!!! With out them, the board would be dead!!! :D

er, I vote to delete!!!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Hyper: I think it's fine how it is, with banned members being allowed in it. Who cares? It's the flame board. Let them do what they want in there as they can't do it anywhere else. Besides, you know what other board lacks a flame forum? WIREFORUMS. Yeah, take that, Klarthy.

The community board served fine as a flame board. The flame board serves as not much more than a spam receptacle.

Posted by Hyper

Then ignore it? Why take the fun away from members who like to vent as stupidly as possible? Obviously, check for pr0n and stuff daily, but you're starting to sound like Protoman :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

We need a hack that knocks your post count DOWN by one when ever you post there!!!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Hyper: Then ignore it? Why take the fun away from members who like to vent as stupidly as possible? Obviously, check for pr0n and stuff daily, but you're starting to sound like Protoman :(

There are people who use it for flaming, there are people who spam the daylights out of it and there are people who use it for retarded flaming. The latter two are the ones that are ruining the experience and I'm sick of having to prune that crap daily.

Posted by Hyper

Learn to laugh at the stupidity :(

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, having to delete 57 threads called "Linkman can blow me" suuure is hilarious.

Posted by Iris

I came up with a pretty funny idea for solving this. :( It should be able to please the mods and Jesse, but I doubt it'll be taken seriously. I say we bring back the Big Brother forum and allow banned people to post in it only. The members moved to the user group can't view other boards. We won't be voting people off or anything, just watching banned people make topics and such. We can rename it appropriately as well. We can keep the flame board for legitimate arguments and use the Big Brother forums for banned members. It seems pretty harmless and it won't need much moderation.

Posted by Xenos

I support this notion - at least the part of me that desires endless amounts of entertainment.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, that actually sounds like a good idea. I LIKE IT!

Posted by Fate

Do it.

Posted by Hyper

Iris for the win.

Posted by Fate

Then again, that was the general idea for the Flame Board...

But nobody goes the Big Brother place so I guess it makes more sense.

Posted by Iris

When the banned idiots are in the public eye, Jesse shouldn't have much need to unban them.

Might as well make use of the Big Brother board anyhow. We all know Jesse's too lazy to just delete it. :cool: