Final Fantasy VI coming to GBA!!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/774/774643.html

I knew it was coming from the moment I heard that FF4 was coming to GBA.

Honestly, I'm making a thread of this because FF6 is my favorite FF game, ever. It may be my favorite game, if it weren't for Final Fantasy Tactics, which actually is my favorite game.

Anyway, I'm madly stoked about this game. I have FF4advance and I like some of the new stuff. It's a nice twist on an awesome game. I'm hoping that they'll do the same with FF6.

I am worried, though. First of all, the game can be ruined if they get crazy with the side stuff. FF6 already had A LOT of sidequests in it. Adding more, well, may very well ruin the game. FF6 had some very challenging parts in it, and a lot of times, they water them down to make it more appealing/easy.

Second of all, I'm worried about the new group of people who will be playing FF6. Before FF Anthology, almost all the FF6 fans were intelligent, competent people. After FFA came out, a lot more people played FF6, and most of them were much less mature than the old FF6 crowd. The same happened to FF1 when FF Origins came out, and it got MUCH worse when FF:DoS came out for the GBA. So I'm afraid that the FF6 fanbase will go from the more mature gamers who appreciate a finely made game into a bunch of retards.

But either way, I am excited about this game's release. I'll be there to buy it the day it comes out.

EDIT - Before someone points it out, I know that FFT is technically an FF game, but when I say that FF6 is my favorite FF game, I mean of the main numbered series.

Posted by Zeta

I just hope they keep most of Woolsey's translation. I don't want it devoid of any of Kefka's classic lines. :(

Posted by Klarth

FFV's coming, too :D

Posted by Xenos

Hm, are they going to change anything in FF6? Graphics, etc?

Posted by Zeta

A bonus dungeon, most likely. Maybe some new espers, or characters or something. Hopefully they'll put the Czar Dragon in this, like it was supposed to be in the original..

Posted by Xero

I'm currently playing FFV on playstation 1. Its pretty fun. Not too hard either. I'm in galuf's world now. After FFV, I'Ll attack FF VI. A lot of friends told me that the 6th was the best.

I dunno if I'Ll buy the GBA game just to see the new features tho...

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Flame ghost: A lot of friends told me that the 6th was the best.

If it were not for Sephiroths popularity, the *** known as Kefka would be the number one baddy in all the RPG realm. You'll have fun with this one. :)

Posted by Xero

Sephiroth appears in the 6th one? Cool. I hope he's strong tho.

Posted by Xenos

Posted by Xero

Well sorry Xenos, but I haven't played it yet and nobody ever talked to me about sephi. I only saw pics of him.

Posted by Poco

6 was awesome. I heard over at SA that it would be a double pack with 5. I really hope that's the truth!

I'm playing 4, and I really like it alot. It's just a bit too short.

Also Fei On get ready for an onsluaght of thread like this:
"cloud v sephirof vs kefca whos stronger"
by cloudkeefkalocke666

Posted by Xero

I'd like to buy FF IV. It comes with crono trigger. I dunno the game, never heard of it, but fei-on told me it's a fun game. Whats the game about overall?

Posted by Poco

Crono Trigger? Time travel.
FF IV? Get it on GBA. It's about this Dark Knight Cecil, and anymore would spoil it.

Posted by Xero

Crono trigger=time travel...

o...k... wow I dont get the feeling I know more than 2 minutes ago 0_o. Thanx anyway.

The way you fight in FFIV...is it the same as in FFV? These time bars before you can attack again?

Posted by HELLbillie

I am currently playing ff4 and ff6 and i must say they are great games storywise and in gaining abiities, and Sephiroth is not in ff6, and yes Kefca is an awsome evil son of a........ yeah you get the idea

Posted by Zeta

Quoting HELLbillie: Kefca is an awsome evil son of a........ yeah you get the idea

Submariner?

Posted by Shade

Really? Talk about humble beginnings.

Posted by maian

FFIV and VI are the only "real" Final Fantasy games I've played. (As in, not FFTA, FFCC, etc)

To put it short, they're two of my favorite games ever made. I'm lost as to why I don't own FFIV for the GBA.

Now that this is official, I'm glad. FFVI was fantastic. It's graphics were great looking, the villain fscking rocked, and the characters weren't the cliche pieces of crap you see in modern FF.

Posted by GameMiestro

Wait, there's other FF games on the GBA than IV, DoS and FFTA?

How come I never see them?

Posted by Zeta

'Cause they aren't out yet.

Posted by Shade

Quoting GameMiestro: Wait, there's other FF games on the GBA than IV, DoS and FFTA?

How come I never see them?

Go a few months into the future.

Posted by Zeta

Spoilers: Gilgamesh and Leviathan are Espers now.

Posted by Zeta

Bumping for pointless info lol.

-The four new Espers are Gilgamesh, Leviathan, Jumbo Cactaur and Diablos, and they come with some new magic.

-The Czar/Kaiser Dragon has been included in this game's bonus dungeon.

-The evade bug has been fixed, which should make things a bit more difficult.

-Not 100% sure, but I've heard bosses are now immune to Vanish, thus putting an end to the Vanish+Doom trick.

-No new characters, though someone photoshopped some pics to make it look like you could get Leo and Gestahl...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Zeta: -Not 100% sure, but I've heard bosses are now immune to Vanish, thus putting an end to the Vanish+Doom trick.

Dang it. Doom Gaze is sooooooooo annoying if you can't V.D. him.

Posted by Zeta

Why would you use it on him? You don't get the Bahamut Magicite if you kill him that way.

And now WrexSoul will be really hard without being able to X-Zone his little support things. :(

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I saw the title of the thread, and came immediately.

FF6 on the go. I want. NOW. I've loved this game since I was in the fourth grade.

The only thing that could make this better would be Chrono Trigger being released on the DS a year later or so, too.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Zeta: Why would you use it on him? You don't get the Bahamut Magicite if you kill him that way.

And now WrexSoul will be really hard without being able to X-Zone his little support things. :(

You don't Bahamut if you do Vanish + X-Zone. But you do get it if you do Vanish + Doom.

Posted by Zeta

****, I never knew that. And to think I've wasted so much time searching the skies to kill Doom Gaze the legit way. :(

Posted by maian

..When does this come out? :(

Posted by Zeta

February, according to GFAQs. :(

Posted by maian

Well at least I'll have money then. :cookie:

There would be a new definition of rad if this game was released for the DS.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, it would be really cool if it got an FF3-style remake. Fat chance, though, since in Japan this is considered to be one of the mediocre FFs. :(

And since it's on GBA, it of course takes a hit in music quality. =/
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_bx8FeX_dCU

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Zeta: -No new characters, though someone photoshopped some pics to make it look like you could get Leo and Gestahl...

At first, I thought it would be cool to get them, but when you think about it, having Gestahl doesn't make sense. He fell quite a ways.

The rumor is that you can ressurect Leo at the cost of your Phoenix Magicite. Doesn't seem worth it, even if it was true.

Leo's not really worth it. What was the name of his special move again? Whatever it is, I got the same thing for Gau, because one of his rages has it as a special move.

Posted by Zeta

Shock.

And I don't think Gau's was as powerful as Leo's. Not sure, never bothered with Gau... >_>

It is if Gau is a higher level. In fact, if it's toward the end of the game and Gau's level's off the charts, then it's far more powerful.

Either way, Gau is probably my all time favorite FF6 character to play with, cuz he has such a gigantic range of moves. Why didn't you like playing as him?

Posted by Zeta

I just didn't want to spend time on the Veldt waiting for the monsters that give good Rages.

Certain monsters appear more in different areas of the Veldt, so the more corners of the Veldt you go to, the more you find. Either that, or it just seemed like it every time I played, but I'd place money on that being the case.