PETA is evil

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Before i begin i would just like to say that i'm completely against animal cruelty. Still though, i am not a vegetarian, i support testing on animals for medical purposes and i wouldn't mind buying a leather jacket if i really like it. Whenever i get a chance, i support and even donate to local animal rescue charities. But i will never support PETA for a number of reasons.

I'm not going to write about all the reasons that makes me despise PETA, just a couple of them. If you're unfamiliar, PETA(People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is the biggest animal rights organization in the world. If Peta had their way all animals across the world would be free, because they are against any type of animal "slavery" as they call it. That means no zoos, no fishing, no experiments, no pets, etc. . .

One of the reasons why PETA just plain sucks is the fact that they themselves kill animals. That's right, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals kill animals that they can't save:
http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

Out of the 17,806 animals they rescued in the past 7 years, 80.1% were killed and only 17.1% were adopted. "It is a totally rotten business, but sometimes the only kind option for some animals is to put them to sleep forever," ~ PETA's president Ingrid Newkirk.
There's more.

PETA also funds and financially supports terrorist groups like the ALF(Animal Liberation Front), a group responsible for setting fire and attacking medical test centers. That's right, these arsenists target locations where animal testing is performed in order to develop medicine that could save millions. I really don't think i need to mention how important these reasearch is to humanity.
http://www.activistcash.com/organization_blackeye.cfm/oid/21

Lastly, the hypocrite of the millenium award goes to PETA's Senior vice President MaryBeth Sweetland, a diabetic who in order to survive uses insulin, which was developed by testing on animals. Here's what she had to say when asked about it:

"I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic. Twice a day I take synthetically manufactured insulin that still contains some animal products -- and I have no qualms about it ... I'm not going to take the chance of killing myself by not taking insulin. I don't see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."

Yup, the Vice President of PETA, a group who supports terrorists that fire bombs places that experiment on animals uses medicine derived from animal testing in order to survive. That's all i have to say for now, there's plenty more i'd like to say about PETA later on.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I've never really liked PETA. They are far too extreme and I've seen them often going back on themselves. Boo hiss boo!

If I remember correctly wasn't it PETA that 'freed' a Shamu from Seaworld into the wild in order to 'safe her'? Too bad Shamu wasn't ready for life outside her tank :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like how they hurt humans in order to save other animals. AS IF WE WERENT ANIMALS TOO. And besides, its not like animals dont kill and eat each other too.

I seriously almost want to become a cop, just so I can mace the crap out of retarded eco hippies.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]One thing i find really funny is that a lot of pet lovers who donate to PETA dont even know PETA is completely against people owning pets.[/COLOR]

Posted by XeroPercent

I remember when someone asked PETA if they would be willing to support leagalizing Cock-Fights if the roosters wore little boxing gloves. Heh...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting XeroPercent: I remember when someone asked PETA if they would be willing to support leagalizing Cock-Fights if the roosters wore little boxing gloves. Heh...

well....would they?

Posted by Raptor

Oh yeah, I am against vivisection, fur coats, organized predator/prey control efforts, killing for sport and leisure, and animal cruelty in general, and I still have no respect for PETA for the aforementioned reasons and so many others.

[quote=Lord of Spam]AS IF WE WERENT ANIMALS TOO.

Only at the very core, and the distinctions between humans and all other animal species are so significant and numerous that it isn't at all difficult for me to fathom how one can loathe humanity and love animals, or vice versa, and feel compelled to defend the rights of one classification above the other.

Quoting Lord of Spam: And besides, its not like animals dont kill and eat each other too.

It's not like other animals employ aircraft to systematically exterminate hundreds of members of a particular species because their numbers are too high according to some specified statistic.

Posted by Arwon

Wait, people still think they need to pick on and discredit PETA? I thought they did a pretty good job of discreditting themselves. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, and other similar cliches.

Posted by mis0

Well, to be honest, I didn't know that PETA funded the ALF and ELF, which I did know were essentially terrorists (some of the arson happened here in 2003). PETA are a bunch of obviously hypocritical psychopaths but the fact that they fund domestic terrorism and get away with it is disgusting. Not to say that animal rights aren't important, but bombing things to achieve your goal? Childish.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Misoxeny: Well, to be honest, I didn't know that PETA funded the ALF and ELF, which I did know were essentially terrorists (some of the arson happened here in 2003).

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yup, PETA even "loaned" money to the family of ALF poster child Rodney Coronado, after he went to jail for admitting to his numerous fire bombings. When the family was asked about the loan, they commented that it wasn't a loan and were never asked to give the money back. Ingrid Newkird was even quoted as calling Coronado a "fine young man". Like Penn once said, if you can be imprisoned for being an arsenist and teach a classroom of college students how to properly make a fire bomb as shown [URL="http://www.activistcash.com/biography.cfm/bid/3255"]here[/URL], and still be considered a fine young man, what the FU[COLOR="Yellow"]C[/COLOR]K does it take to be a monster?[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Quoting Raptor: Oh yeah, I am against vivisection, fur coats, organized predator/prey control efforts, killing for sport and leisure, and animal cruelty in general, and I still have no respect for PETA for the aforementioned reasons and so many others.

Me too.

I thought PETA was dumb, but I didn't know they were doing this stuff. That's sick.
:(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Raptor: Only at the very core, and the distinctions between humans and all other animal species are so significant and numerous that it isn't at all difficult for me to fathom how one can loathe humanity and love animals, or vice versa, and feel compelled to defend the rights of one classification above the other.

It's not like other animals employ aircraft to systematically exterminate hundreds of members of a particular species because their numbers are too high according to some specified statistic.

1) We're still animals. You can talk all you want about how nature is so nice and pretty, but if you do all you show is a complete ignorance of the natural world.

2) Only because they have neither the reasoning power to realize it nor the planes to implement it:cookie:

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoted post: Only at the very core, and the distinctions between humans and all other animal species are so significant and numerous that it isn't at all difficult for me to fathom how one can loathe humanity and love animals, or vice versa, and feel compelled to defend the rights of one classification above the other.

It's not really correct to think this way. None of that makes humans any less animals. It's just that some people are 'disgusted' by the general/individual behaviour of (some) humans, and so dislike them. Many also somehow mistakenly believe that animals 'frolic happily amongst themselves' without any ill wishes to any other, and only hunt because they need food. They just ignore the fact that if animals were as 'intelligent' as humans, because of their instinct to achieve higher chances of survival, and to achieve superiority over others, they would exterminate others of their species just as readily as humans (who are just another animal) would, and perhaps more, for the animals who aren't 'designed' to live socially.

Other humans who believe in human rights but not animal rights do so because humans are more 'sentient' than animals.
[quote]It's not like other animals employ aircraft to systematically exterminate hundreds of members of a particular species because their numbers are too high according to some specified statistic.
It's probably because:
1. They don't have aircraft
2. They're too stupid to understand statistics
3. They don't have the ability to exterminate many animals at once.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Raptor]It's not like other animals employ aircraft to systematically exterminate hundreds of members of a particular species because their numbers are too high according to some specified statistic.

If they could, they would.

We do it and we were once monkeys, so unless you believe in some spiritualistic bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it that states that humans are different to all other animals because theyre inherently evil by some divine force, you have to accept that any species with enough intelligence would do it's best to exert it's dominance over any other and make it's life as comfortable as possible.

PETA sucks and life isn't precious. It's quite literally as common as mud.

Posted by TantalizeNipples

I used to volunteer down at my local SPCA and even the people there didnt like PETA. I always thought they were too radical, like being against nascar because they drink milk after the races.

Posted by Iris

[url=http://www.petakids.com]Oh lord, I just had to do it.[/url]

Check out the games section.

Posted by Arwon

They might be loopy, but [url=http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/06/07/30/10056079.html]this story[/url] at least makes me respect the strength of their convictions a little.

Posted by higbvuyb

And it also makes me dislike them even more becuase they'd rather help animals than humans.

Posted by Bebop

Can i just say that Aioros's morality valus seem completely out of whack to me. He says PETA is evil and hypocritical yet regulary reminds us of his involvement with PETA and animal right activities, but then says it's ok to use insluin from pigs to continue the fight for animal rights. WTF?

Posted by higbvuyb

Acutally, for a true PETA member, they should rather die than let many pigs die for their insulin. Sure, they're saving more animal lives, but someone else could do the exact same thing without having to kill pigs. He's just making excuses because he doens't want to kill himself, and inside, he values his human self about a million times mroe than any animal, as he demonstrates here.
Unless he agrees to kill himself after I show him his logical flaw.

Posted by Bo Dang

PETA goes way too far sometimes. I can understand treating animals right but they are against some stupid stuff like milking cows o.O