ZoneAlarm firewall problem.

Posted by Alastor

I got a torrent for the ZoneAlarm Suite instead of the free one yesterday. I thought I'd uninstalled the free one, but I keep getting an error with some TrueVector thing.

Setup is unable to log into the TrueVector service. Install cannot continue without logging into the TrueVector service. Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart the installer program.

I imagine this would be some sort of process I could kill with ctrl+alt+delete, but I can't seem to find it. I've found the processes that the installer itself uses, and I've looked around for what the TrueVector process might be labled as. Only thing I've found is "vsmon", which I remember seeing on my system before. This process isn't listed anymore, for whatever reason.

I've tried three different torrents for the Suite, so the installer shouldn't be the source of the problem.

Posted by Trigger

Download the trial from their website and obtain a licence key for it. Guaranteed to work and it's only about 26MB.

Posted by Alastor

Downloaded, getting the same error.

Setup is unable to log into the TrueVector service. Install cannot continue without logging into the TrueVector service. Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart the installer program.

Something from it didn't uninstall right, and I haven't the foggiest what. This TrueVector thing is the only plroblem. I have no idea where it is, or I'd go delete it. I've looked around (namely in Program Files) and found absolutely nothing.

Posted by Trigger

TrueVector probably didn't uninstall correctly. Have you checked the services within your computer via Administrative Tools? If TrueVector is listed in there, you still have some issues with it. Otherwise, send me a PM if it's not there and I'll try helping you further (I don't seem to notice every thread fast enough).