Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So, what's up with it? It either shows threads going back to a couple days ago, or doesn't display certain new ones. Just wondering, since it's a tad annoying, and even confusing.

Posted by Ant

Huh, I figured it was just me.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

It shows the ones you've not read yet, or are new. It does NOT show the ones you were the last one to post in.

I was annoyed by it, so I just use Today's Posts now. :(

Don't you have to be logged out for that? Seems like a pain in the *** when it was perfectly fine before.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Instead of threads going to having been read from your cookie after 10 minutes, you have to view them or click the 'Mark Forums Read' link. This way they won't automatically get deleted from the new post list if you don't get to them before the cookie does.

If you don't click the 'Mark Forums Read.' link, you can just stop at

'The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.'

to look at only the ones that would of been on the list if the last online time and cookie made the list, like before.

Posted by Ant

So, can't you fix it to the way it was before?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Just don't look past

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

and you'll see exactly what you would of seen before.

All right. Just seems like an odd change, that's all.

Speaking of which, why the change anyways?

Posted by Xero

Well The forum showed that all the threads in this forum had new posts. Kinda confused me at first, but then I was reminded about the "mark forums read button" and now I just looks around the recent threads that were created. I'll get use to it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

It was actually an upgrade with vBulletin 3.5. 0(?). I just didn't figure out how to upgrade it until about a week ago and first tested it out on another board.

Ah ok.

The "mark forum read" button fixed it well, though it still gets rid of previously viewed threads. Which I'm not quite certain is a pro or con at this point...

Posted by Jesse Smith

The best use for it is that before, when you left, if you didn't log out, for any posts made with in 10 minutes of you leaving, they didn't show up when you came back since you were loged in according to the cookie. Now it will atleast show up. It's a good idea to look at a few of the first threads below

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

so you get those.

Yeah, that's actually kinda handy, since I sometimes had to keep refreshing the page when I was doing other things. Not bad.

Posted by Jesse Smith

For an example of how this helps, last time I came on, I had to leave before even reading any of the threads. Before the change, none of them would of shown up when I came on now unless they had got another reply. But now all of them are still listed, most after the

Posted by Poison

Yea, what the heck! I'm at 88 posts :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

Try posting out of the blogs and posting games board!!!! :D

Posted by Last Fog

My subscribed threads now lists threads with the last post several days ago, which I already saw.

Posted by Hyper

Congratulations on skipping through the thread without reading it :)