Dead Rising!

Posted by HappyCamper

Looks great!

What do you think?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Definitely buying it. It looks like something that will keep me occupied for a long time. Bashing zombies with whatever I can find? Awesome.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I went out and preordered this the moment I heard about it. It's going to be what every 28 Days/ of the Dead/ random zombie movie fan ever wanted.

Posted by Last Fog

At first I thought nothing of it. Then I saw this [URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=C91IYcj-3Og&search=dead%20rising"]trailer[/URL]. It looks awesome.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, definitely going to be an awesome game. Only 2 weeks or so before I can get my hands on it.

Posted by Random

I watched the trailer and I must say I want this game so bad. I want to rub one off after watching it...

YEAAA Dead Rising ^_^

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Looks awesome. I'm wondering about the main character's head, though. After hearing so much about it it's not what I expected. Is there a story behind it?

EDIT: whoa, there's an Erotica bonus for some snapshots. Most awesome.

What about his head?

By the way, I'm fairly certain that's an old trailer. The graphics have been heavily updated since then.

The fact that it looks like a Lego piece. Bear in mind I know nothing about this game apart from that it's awesome.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

This game looks amazing. I can't wait for it and RE5 to come out :D

Posted by TheSorrow

i downloaded the demo from the marketplace when i saw this and i was quite impressed and looked fun to just bash the crap out of zombies with dumbells, axes, hedge clippers, and i can keep going on

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting spartan.gump: i downloaded the demo from the marketplace when i saw this and i was quite impressed and looked fun to just bash the crap out of zombies with dumbells, axes, hedge clippers, and i can keep going on
You suck. You had me thinking there was a demo in the marketplace. Then I realized by demo you mean trailer. :mad:

Posted by Random

I WANT THIS GAME.. I CAN TASTE THE DEAD FLESH COMING OFF THE ZOMBIES AS I HACK THROUGH THEM...

I WANT THIS GAME NOW ****IT!!

Posted by brownoystercult

So many zombies on screen..while having a stead framerate..this is so kick-***...I wish I had a 360, and if I get one, this will definitely be in my collection.

Also, the servbot masks you can stick on the zombie's head's is ****in' awesome.

Posted by Random

LOL Did you see him putting that.. Was it a chicken or a duck heads ontop of the zombies? Priceless...

I want this game :'(

Posted by Axis

Well, hate to break it to you guys, but there IS going to be a demo sometime this week or the next.

Freakin' sweet. I'll get my mate to come round with his 360 and try it just for that. And the Table Tennis limited time demo, I guess.

The demo's out on Marketplace now. I'm downloading as we speak - it's just over a gigabyte.

EDIT: not available in Mexico, Germany, Asia, or down under. Just change your country in your Passport settings and it should fix that, though, or you can make a separate Silver account in another country's name.

Posted by Axis

I am downloading right now, granted, since I am just here for lunch I wont be able to play until 6 again. *** ****IT.

Posted by Axis

PS: Everyone on TeamXbox is absolutely loving the game. Cannot wait to try it out.

Posted by Klarth

Haha, I still love the fact that it's banned in Germany because of "excessive violence towards zombies". When I pick up a 360, this is going to be the first title I get.

It's good, although it seems like it would get a bit repetitive. All you do is bash the crap out of stuff.

My favourite thing is that Dawn of the Dead in Dutch is called In Den Greep Van De Zombies.

Posted by Axis

Hell, I freaking enjoyed it. I'll be picking it up next Tuesday.

Quoted post: It's good, although it seems like it would get a bit repetitive. All you do is bash the crap out of stuff.

I figure it'll be liked GTA. A game with a lot of freedom and a decent storyline with a few side-quests... which you'll skip in favour of killing people, or on this case, zombies. Repetitive, sure. But the fun-factor will balance it out I think.

I hope the missions actually do drive the game. Simply bashing them about gets boring after a while - it's only the new items that make it fresh. The first time I found the katana in the demo I felt awesome.

Spoiler: It's on top of the orange awning under the food court on the right-hand side. Just go up the stairs to the higher bit, go into the food court, and jump out of the left-most window.

Sweet, I'll look for that.

But, I imagine it won't get that boring that quick. The mall is supposed to be huge, and you have a lot of cases and scoops to beat before your three days are up. Plus, it's not so boring when you try to kill 50,000 zombies for an achievement.

Posted by Last Fog

Killing zombies in this game isn't quite as fun as I expected... I think maybe because it's too slow paced. There should be a way to link kills together and rack up combos. Plus he does the same move over and over with each different weapon. But the remedy for that must be that there are hundreds of weapons. It is fun to chuck CD cases at oncoming threats.

Posted by Axis

I should probably tell you guys that the main story drives this along. You'll be given a case to do and you HAVE to do within a certain amount of time. If you don't then you have to restart the whole section over again. Kind of sucks, but when you finish your mission you can screw around until the next mission pops up.

Quoted post: Plus he does the same move over and over with each different weapon.

Welcome to video games. That's expected. But like you said, the hundreds of weapon choices should balance that out.

Posted by s0ul

I found this demo very disappointing. I was stoked about the game before, but now I don't see myself getting it.

I think I might give it a rental. I've been downloading demos pretty much constantly since I got the machine, and at the moment I'm more tempted by Tomb Raider than anything else. We'll see.

Funny, since that's far more of a rental than Dead Rising seems to be...

Yeah, I've read a lot of stuff about being able to blast through it in a weekend, which I'll probably end up doing. I just don't want to buy a full-price game, really.

I know I'll enjoy the platforming in Tomb Raider far more than the random smashery that is Dead Rising, though.

Posted by Axis

Perfect Dark, Project Gotham, and Kameo all got price drops recently. You should look into those.

No thanks. No matter how much I try, I can't get into PDZ, Kameo is just plain awful, and Burnout's had me covered as far as racing goes for the past two years. I don't need suggestions - thanks though!

Posted by Last Fog

Wings, don't get the games Axis listed, they all had price drops for a reason. But don't waste money buying Tomb Raider either. I beat it in about 6 hours, and then it's pretty much done with. Theres unlockable costumes and stuff, and a time trial for each level, but none of that gave me enough incentive to play anymore. Just rent it.

If you want a good single player game that will last longer, get something like Hitman or Condemned Criminal Origins.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Last Fog: Wings, don't get the games Axis listed, they all had price drops for a reason. But don't waste money buying Tomb Raider either. I beat it in about 6 hours, and then it's pretty much done with. Theres unlockable costumes and stuff, and a time trial for each level, but none of that gave me enough incentive to play anymore. Just rent it.

If you want a good single player game that will last longer, get something like Hitman or Condemned Criminal Origins.

[B]Uh, PGR3 is still considered one of the best games for the 360. I beat Condemned in 7 hours solid, Hitman my friend beat in 8. Neither of those games are good to pick, rental at best. I still think that Kameo is one of the most underrated games for the system. Also if you fix the aiming in Perfect Dark Zero it can be quite enjoyable.

Anyways, as of right now, I think that there's is one game for the 360 that is must for everyone to have in their collection. That's Oblivion. I guess you could argue that Ghost Recon could belong in that list, but apparently it runs too slow for some people. I think that Ghost Recon is among the top of Xbox Live games.

Personally here's what I think are the best Single Player and Mutliplayer games:

SP:
Condemned
Oblivion
Call of Duty 2
Kameo
Prey

MP:
GRAW
Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II
PGR3
Burnout

This post wasn't for Wings, seeing as he didn't need suggestions, but for anyone else out there./B]

Yeah. I know games, okay?

I have Oblivion for PC. It's meh, at best.

Condemned does seem interesting from what I've played, but, again, I've heard it's short enough to be a rental. I think when I have a spare weekend I'll grab those two and blast through them. As far as actual owning goes, I really need to make sure I'm gonna get something that's worth the £50 (which is actually over $80, so you guys get a **** good deal on your 360 games).

Right now I'm thinking Fight Night should last me for a while, although I've been playing through the demo of Dead Rising a lot, and it's definitely growing on me. After going exploring and actually reading the instructions and finding the secondary attack, it's become a lot more enjoyable. Chopping legs off with the rake and kicking crotches and the like. And going bowling. :D

Posted by s0ul

Get Fight Night so I can kick your ***.

For relevance: I am actually a bit relieved that Dead Rising isn't very fun, otherwise I wouldn't have had enough leftover money from Wii to get Gears of War. :cool2:

In all honesty, it's fun. I just don't know if it can work for a whole game. The demo itself doesn't work as a showcase for the game - it makes it seem like it's just laying waste to zombies, and it's more than that.

I have a friend coming over tomorrow with his copy of Fight Night. We'll see you online at some point.

Posted by s0ul

It just seems like GTA with zombies to me. I might pick it up another time when I'm not so strapped for cash.

Posted by Axis

Confused about the first line of your post. I know you know games, my post wasn't directed at you.

Quoted post: It just seems like GTA with zombies to me.

That's exactly what it is. It's a mission-based game where yu can goof-off in between. Which I personally have no problems with...

Posted by s0ul

Of course, but its nothing new. I've played the crap out of numerous GTAs, it's not something I'd pay 60 dollars to do again.

Eh, I'll probably buy Saints Row, and that's about as blatantly ripping-off GTA as you can get.

Posted by HappyCamper

You guys should really watch the game play on youtube.com

Have done, and it does look awesome. but it's a lot better to actually experience the gameplay first-hand.

Bought it today (only because i used to work at the place I picked it up from) and spent the day at a friend's playing it. It's made of so much win. Though, I actually really don't like the RPG system at the moment.

Posted by brownoystercult

What's up with the funky save system?

Not much other than there's one slot. If you **** up somewhere, you're kinda screwed since you can't go back. It only really becomes a problem since the narrative is demanding as hell.

Posted by Axis

**** you! We don't get it until tomorrow. :(

Posted by HappyCamper

If your just ****ing around is it still on the three day timer?

You unlock different modes... not that far yet. But apparently there's a survival mode (where your health drains slowly) and an infinite mode. However, I have no idea what's what now, since I've read reviews (IGN) who said the infinite mode was survival mode, and others (1up) who said they were separate.

Anywho, you don't want to **** around too much during the main game, because if you miss a case, you're screwed. And since the save system is a pain in the ***, you really don't want to mess up.

Quoting Axis: **** you! We don't get it until tomorrow. :(

We don't get it until next month.

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting Wings: We don't get it until next month.

Wow, that really really sucks: (

The demo suits me fine, and a month gives me time to save up the cash.

Posted by Axis

Gamestop called me and said that I may be able to get it tonight. I haven't had to spend this much since March when I got GRAW and Oblivion. This month I'm getting Madden and then this.

I think I'm the only buying Saint's Row :cool:

Posted by HappyCamper

In the demo and in the real game there is a posion you can make called zombait, its makes all the zombies around you come at you fast and hard. Here is the recipe list to make it and others.

Recipe List
----------

Mix food in the 2nd floor Coffee Shop's blender (behind the counter) for drinks.

Untouchable Drink (grants invulnerablility briefly/red) - orange juice+pie; orange juice+sandwich; pie+sandwich; 2 pies; 2 sandwiches.

Nectar Drink (heals full health/yellow) - orange juice+baking ingredients; orange juice+condiments; 2 orange juice.

Randomizer (sucks/black) - cooking oil+sandwich; cooking oil+pie; cooking oil+orange juice.

Spitfire (spits fire/blue) - cooking oil+condiment; cooking oil+baking ingredients; pie+baking ingredients; pie+condiments; baking ingredients+condiment; baking ingredients+sandwich; condiment+sandwich; 2 condiments; 2 cooking oils; 2 baking ingredients.

Zombait (attracts zombies/pink) - Untouchable Drink+Spitfire Drink

Energizer (supercharges you/green) - Zombait Drink+Randomizer Drink

I hope they work : )

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro: I think I'm the only buying Saint's Row :cool:
Nope, got mine preordered. Getting Dead Rising tomorrow. The only two games I'm at all interested in that come out anytime soon.

I've got Saints Row preordered. I'm just not going to buy it :cookie:

Posted by WackoHater2

I havent read the last few pages, just the one post on this page, so sorry if I am going off topic.

Dead Rising looks like an awesome game. I havent seen anything for it really, just an ad on the back of a magazine, but it looks sweet. I'd buy it if I had an Xbox 360.

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting Last Fog: Nope, got mine preordered. Getting Dead Rising tomorrow. The only two games I'm at all interested in that come out anytime soon.

Gears of War!

Posted by HappyCamper

The Demo for Saints Row is sweet.

Quoted post: Gears of War!

Still a couple months off. It's not coming out until a few days before the PS3.

Quoted post: Nope, got mine preordered.

zomg we could, like, play online together then!

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting HappyCamper: Gears of War!
By anytime soon I mean within one or two months from now. Besides, F.E.A.R. should be better anyhow. Aswell as Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Quoted post: Besides, F.E.A.R. should be better anyhow. Aswell as Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Never playing FEAR myself, I'm really, really looking forward to it. Especially playing against random ******* on Live.

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting Last Fog: By anytime soon I mean within one or two months from now. Besides, F.E.A.R. should be better anyhow. Aswell as Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Fear is a cool game, I own it for the computer but I still think Gears is going to be better but I really have know idea.

Posted by s0ul

I have come upon the realization that I was trying not to like Dead Rising so I didn't have to buy it. Looked for it in three stores today, didn't ship to them apparently. A sign? Oh my yes.

Not really. Today was the ship date, not the street date. Some stores might not even get it until thursday.

Posted by Mandude120

Quoting HappyCamper: Looks great!

What do you think?

I think this is going to be a game I'm definately having fun with! I can't wait to get it! Bashing zombie's endlessly rules.

Posted by HappyCamper

I JUST PICKED UP MY COPY! Wow all I can say is wow.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Got it earlier today.

Simply put...

...it's...

FUKENN AWSOOMMMME3!!1! :D

Posted by s0ul

Bought it today. Jesus Christ, you can't ****ing read ANYTHING. All the scoops are a pain in the ***, too. Had more fun with the demo, desperately hoping it gets better.

Yeah, the text is garbage unless you're playing on an HDTV. Though I didn't have a problem with the scoops. You don't even have to do them if you don't feel like it. *shrugs*

Posted by NeXidala

So overall.....Good game or not?

Good game.

Posted by s0ul

I bought it mostly to validate my purchase of a 360. I have my gripes, but it is a good game. Kinda like a badass with a heart of gold.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro]Never playing FEAR myself, I'm really, really looking forward to it. Especially playing against random ******* on Live.

It's fun, plays a bit like an above-average first person shooter, mostly because of the enhanced reflexes your character has. It's always a good feeling to run up to a guy and shotgun him straight in the face.

Though it's still a creepy game, most of the game's scariness relies on lighting effects and the appearance of a mysterious and creepy little girl. also, hope you like fighting soliders, cause that's what you'll be doing tons lol

Quoting s0ul: I bought it mostly to validate my purchase of a 360. I have my gripes, but it is a good game. Kinda like a badass with a heart of gold.

Fight Night doesn't validate it?

Posted by s0ul

Eh, Fight Night, DOA4, Kameo, and PGR3 are all great. I just feel bad having a 400 dollar console for 4 games. Lost Planet and Gears should further validate my purchase.

PS I OWE YOU AN *** KICKING LOL

I'll have you know I'm undefeated in that game.

Posted by s0ul

I'll have you know I'm mediocre in that game.

Hustler.

Quoted post: also, hope you like fighting soliders, cause that's what you'll be doing tons

OH I DO. That's basically what all FPS are, so I'm down with that. I actually prefer it, since those are the only parts I usually like to replay.

Posted by s0ul

It rocks when they explode for no apparent reason. First kill I got in the FEAR demo, back of the head with a pistol, guy exploded. Just awesome. Got very bored of the actual game though a couple levels in.

Whoops.

RERAIL: It upsets me that a zombie upskirt is considered "erotica."

Hah, I just find that hilarious. The thought of zombie cleavage and panties as erotica is genius.

Especially when you just pulled their head off with the scythe.

Posted by Last Fog

Eh, this game doesn't have me impressed as much as I hoped. I was reaallly expecting them to fix the **** text... it's frustrating trying to play a game when I absolutely can't read the objectives or any written dialogue. I can't do any of the scoops because I can't read them! And whats with the resident evil style save system?! It's a pain in the *** to progress pretty far without saving only to die and backtrack. This kind of game should be save anytime. And the whole leveling up is a little out of place and unecessary in my opinion. Oh well, maybe I need to give it a little more time.

Posted by Axis

I absolutely loathe the save system. Everything else in the game pretty much kicks ***. Oh, and for those of you who are having trouble reading the text, just hook your 360 up to your monitor if you have to. Or if you don't want to spend the extra money on the cable they might release a patch for the game soon to fix it.

Posted by s0ul

What baffles me is how nobody realized it's a problem. I just try to get lucky with Scoops, I never have any idea what I'm doing.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting s0ul: What baffles me is how nobody realized it's a problem.
Exactly. Thats why I bought the game without even considering it would have the same microscopic text as the demo. I guess the developers tested the game on big screen HDTV's. :/

I could read the text on the demo and I only have a 17". My TV is 14" lol

Yeah, I don't find it that difficult. I can read it, I just have to look closely. Not that big of a deal.

Quoted post:
And whats with the resident evil style save system?! It's a pain in the *** to progress pretty far without saving only to die and backtrack.

Resident Evil has a completely different save system. It's WAY more annoying than Dead Rising's.

Quoted post: And the whole leveling up is a little out of place and unecessary in my opinion.

I like it. Makes it seem like you're not just bashing zombies the whole time. There's some advancement and meaning behind going on killing sprees. Plus, no one would use the camera system otherwise.

Posted by HappyCamper

Has anyone else had to restart the game because they missed some cases, its really gay. And I can't see the ****ing text when I get a call. I'm not really trying to say stuff about the game because its ****ing awesome its just that I hate starting over. Should I maybe get the guide?

Yeah, I've started over twice. It's not so bad since you can save your stats beforehand. Very annoying though, and it should have never been an issue, but it is. Big deal.

Posted by Axis

If you really have trouble reading the calls. Go ahead and buy the strategy guide.

Posted by Last Fog

[quote]Wings disagrees: stupidest idea everlmao... how is that a stupid idea? Sure its bull**** you have to pay an extra $15 because they missed an obvious problem in the game, but hey.

Just wait a week or two and a walkthrough should be posted on gamefaqs.

Because you'll then have the strategy guide, and instead of just playing the game you'll be consulting it every five minutes to make it eay. And that's no fun.

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, I've started over twice. It's not so bad since you can save your stats beforehand. Very annoying though, and it should have never been an issue, but it is. Big deal.

How far did you get?

I've beaten the game once through so far. Plan to redo everything once I bring it home.

Posted by HappyCamper

And whats with the resident evil style save system?!

If you played resident evil for the Gamecube then you would know that how you save in Dead Rising has nothing in comen to how you save Resident Evil, there was a typewriter that you had to find in a safe room and you had to find the ink ribbens to use it, and you could save a certain amount of times, but not just one.

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting Vampiro: I've beaten the game once through so far. Plan to redo everything once I bring it home.

You all ready bet it! Did you do all the side quests? And how do you know if your doing the main quest and not just some side quest?

Quoted post: You all ready bet it! Did you do all the side quests? And how do you know if your doing the main quest and not just some side quest?

I only did a couple scoops, pretty sure my friend did the rest. Plus, you know when you're doing the cases because that's the only way you can beat the game. If you miss a case, you're ****ed.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro: I only did a couple scoops, pretty sure my friend did the rest. Plus, you know when you're doing the cases because that's the only way you can beat the game. If you miss a case, you're ****ed.
Are you sure about that? I saw somewhere you'll just get a different ending if you dont do all the cases, but it could be wrong.

Posted by HappyCamper

Quoting Last Fog: Are you sure about that? I saw somewhere you'll just get a different ending if you dont do all the cases, but it could be wrong.

Ya, if you miss a main case like he said, you ****ed, but you can keep going you just won't find out about anything that happened.

Posted by s0ul

Deleted for failure to read.

Quoted post: Are you sure about that? I saw somewhere you'll just get a different ending if you dont do all the cases, but it could be wrong.

Different endings depend on certain things you do, certain people you save, whether you make it to the chopper on time, etc. If you don't do a case, you don't get anything except for a mall to explore to your heart's desire... a locked mall anyways.

Posted by s0ul

****, had to start over again. I need to start making a habit of checking my watch, and stop getting sidetracked with mad zombie killing. Having to start over all the time is pretty lame, I must say.

Posted by HappyCamper

This is to anyone who has got to the spot were Brad gets shoot, you know how you have to get the medicine then come back to the security room, well I did and I talk to Jessica then it said that I competed the scoop then a second later it tells me that the scoop is lost or something like that and I get game over; and I did every scoop. I've started the game over a couple times and the samething happens every time, Help!

Posted by Last Fog

I really have no desire to follow the story. Three times I just kept running around killing stuff until I have to start over. But I've been leveling up that way, so eventually I'll get serious and have a head start.

Quoted post: This is to anyone who has got to the spot were Brad gets shoot, you know how you have to get the medicine then come back to the security room, well I did and I talk to Jessica then it said that I competed the scoop then a second later it tells me that the scoop is lost or something like that and I get game over; and I did every scoop. I've started the game over a couple times and the samething happens every time, Help!

hahaha, good times. I had to start my game over a couple times because of that. You have to complete it before 11:00, else your trail goes dry. So, be sure to finish it and leave some time before your next case/ Or, just wait until a subsequent playthrough.

SPOILERS KTHX

Eh, it's actually not that big of a deal.

Posted by HappyCamper

THANKS SOOOOO MUCH, really big help : )

Posted by s0ul

Okay, wtf. I keep getting ending C, where I solve all cases but miss the chopper. I solved all the cases, and am standing at the heliport, I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I guess I'm not standing in the heliport the right way? I need help, I'm looking at you, Vampiro. :mad:

You need to be on the central helipad, up the little staircase, rather than standing on the outside walkway area.

Posted by s0ul

Ha, how petty. Oh well, thanks a bunch.

Posted by s0ul

K, I've stood like, everywhere except the stairs. Catwalk, on the H, on the pavement outside the circle. How ****ing specific do I have to be? Christ, this is ridiculous.

Posted by Last Fog

Just a guess, I haven't beaten the game yet, but I think something else is the problem. :/

Posted by s0ul

I know, that's why I'm so **** confused!

It says to get that ending all you need is all cases and be at the heliport. I've definitely done all the cases, and I'm at the heliport. What more does it want?

**** **** ****, didn't go to the hideout at 10. Good thing I was told to go there!

Huh, so, I tried to play this again so I can get the achievements, and I can't. It's totally no fun by yourself.

Posted by s0ul

Boy oh boy am I ever not looking forward to playing through it again. Not that it's a bad game but I'm not too thrilled about having to go through this stuff I've done 3 times before. I'm just gonna half-*** it, no scoops, no survivors, just cases and then beating it.

Posted by Last Fog

I'm kind of half-assing my first time through... The thing is some times I'll go out of my way to try and do a scoop, but the survivors are so **** stupid. They stop for no reason to fight and end up getting killed as I'm yelling "COME ON" "FOLLOW ME". Man, this game can be frustrating.

Scoops are only good for leveling up. What levels are you guys at? I'm at the start of the third Carlito encounter in the tunnels and I'm at level 21 I think.

My friend and I completely beat it. Level 50, Zombie Genocide (which is plain retarded to get), everything. But yeah, the survivors aren't really worth it if you don't care about the achievements. Just make sure they join you at on point or another to get the PP bonus. Usually I would just run off and let them die after that. It's barely even worth the hassle of saving them. Even with SMGs and shotguns they're mind-numbingly stupid.

Posted by Last Fog

Yeah, theres times I'd gather up like 5 people, and by the time I get to the base, only one survived. :grrr:

...In other news...

I kept thinking that this game reminded me of another. And I just came to realize it resembles the metal gear solid series. The way the characters act, their emotions and reactions and all. And how Frank will scoff and make random noises. The boss fights, the characters, even how when you get hit you go spinning in the air. Anyone else see this or is it just me?

It's just you. Unless you're seriously comparing the excellence of MGS to what's, at best, a B-video game. Though, I guess I can see what you're saying. I'd never say it actually reminds me of it however

If you're having trouble with scoops, mix up some Zombait. They'll ignore the dude you're supposed to be saving and head straight for you, and you can then dispatch them however you deem necessary.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Wings: If you're having trouble with scoops, mix up some Zombait. They'll ignore the dude you're supposed to be saving and head straight for you, and you can then dispatch them however you deem necessary.
Hmmm... thats a good strategy. I was wondering whats the point of Zombait. But the idiots would probably still find a way to get mixed up in it. I'll give it a try if I can figure out how to make it.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, my first play through I was pretty pumped to go back and get the achievements but having to play it again now I'm not so enthusiastic. I may again someday, after my rage has subsided. Thankfully being level 30 after my first play through has made the game exponentially easier.

Posted by Last Fog

Ok, this seriously has me ****ed... I beat the game, and I'm standing on the helipad, and then I get the ending where the pilot dies. Now I go back and notice the post s0ul made about being at the hideout at 10. WTF! Where does it say to do that? Now, my last save was just a little before 10, if I cant make it there oh man will I be mad. Do you have to get there right at 10, or just anytime after and then make it back to the helipad?

I think HappyCamper posted recipes earlier in the thread. But for the record, here they are:

[quote=HappyCamper]Untouchable Drink (grants invulnerablility briefly/red) - orange juice+pie; orange juice+sandwich; pie+sandwich; 2 pies; 2 sandwiches.

Nectar Drink (heals full health/yellow) - orange juice+baking ingredients; orange juice+condiments; 2 orange juice.

Randomizer (sucks/black) - cooking oil+sandwich; cooking oil+pie; cooking oil+orange juice.

Spitfire (spits fire/blue) - cooking oil+condiment; cooking oil+baking ingredients; pie+baking ingredients; pie+condiments; baking ingredients+condiment; baking ingredients+sandwich; condiment+sandwich; 2 condiments; 2 cooking oils; 2 baking ingredients.

Zombait (attracts zombies/pink) - Untouchable Drink+Spitfire Drink

Energizer (supercharges you/green) - Zombait Drink+Randomizer Drink

EDIT: By far the easiest way, though, is Pie and Snacks.

Posted by inequity

I don't know if this has been mentioned of not, but isn't anyone else having a ****ing hard time reading the text?? I can't enjoy this game at all because I can't read anything!