What to do when you feel your world crashing down on you?

Posted by NeXidala

Well, to most people, moving away to a different city from where you live isn't a big deal. But to me it is. I'm moving away this weekend to a totally different city after living 10 years in this one city! I had my whole life there. My school, my friends, EVERYTHING! Then, all of a sudden, I'm told we have to move to a different city because of my dad's job, and I am left miserable...

Posted by The Judge

Well, as a child, I've lived in 8 different houses leading up to this one, in 6 different cities. So personally, I just got used to it. It's not that big of a deal, because you'll adapt eventually.

But in response to the title, when my world is coming out, I resort to serial homicide to cheer me up. You should try it.

Posted by NeXidala

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Judge again.
---
Lmao, serial homicide. Hmmm..... Maybe I should try it, lol.

Posted by Arcadios

[quote=Thread Name]What to do when you feel your world crashing down on you?

Fap....seconds later I feel much better. :)

I had the same problem but luckly I just move like 1 1/2 a mile away from my old school and friend's house so I can still visit them.

I have to go to a new school starting this September but good thing my cousion goes there so I'll hang with her for awhile till I can get some new people to hang out with.

Posted by Eggroll

omg i know how that feel, except i've lived in Japan for 11 years, and all of a sudden i had to move to whole ****ing different country! ****ing owned

Posted by sniper

Much like Dark, I've lived in countless places, though mostly in California. Then we fukken moved to Washington. I vent my aggression on cats.

Posted by Eggroll

hey thnx! Mr. Nintendo, i have to spread my rep before i can give u another one!

I CAN'T ****ING SPELL THE WORD "YOU"!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Back in the day, it'd be a thing called coke to cheer me up.

Now, I invite my brother to have a boxing match with me, ;)

Posted by Eggroll

[quote]NeXidala agrees:..What's "fap" mean?
masturbate?

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Back in the day, it'd be a thing called coke to cheer me up.

Good I can use a snort, got any?

No prob, Eggroll and just call me Mr.N or N for short.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: Good I can use a snort, got any?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no.:o

Posted by Klarth

In thirteen years I've lived in ten different houses. I don't count the past three years or so because I haven't had a home for a while.

Read the full story [url=http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/journal.php?action=view&amount=single&userid=6422&entryid=8285]here[/url]. It's not too hard to get used to it.

Posted by Kanashuri

Mr N we all know youd be too scared to do any hard drugs.

Ive only moved like 4 times. 2 times when i was too young to remember then twice when first I moved to VA then another when I moved about 5 miles away the second time.

Posted by Klarth

Oh, and let's also mention that I've lived in England, Germany, America, France and nowhere. Owned.

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting Klarth: In thirteen years I've lived in ten different houses. I don't count the past three years or so because I haven't had a home for a while.

Read the full story [url=http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/journal.php?action=view&amount=single&userid=6422&entryid=8285]here[/url]. It's not too hard to get used to it.

Touching story

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Kanashuri: Touching story

It's not touching.But, now my life doesn't seem as bad. =/

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting NeXidala: I agree. Now my life doesn't seem as bad. =/

I was being sarcastic

Posted by NeXidala

Fix'd happy?

Posted by The Judge

Never appease anyone for their sake. Period. Only be nice to people if it would benefit you somehow.

Posted by Klarth

I love you, Judge! You Rock! Never de-mod me again!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

My world hasn't "crashed down around me" in years, but back then I would just become a recluse and do nothing other than listen to music.

Now I just do that because I have nothing better to do :cookie:

Anywho, I can relate to the moving thing. My dad's job always had as moving, luckily it was when I was young though, so I was able to move on fairly quickly. So it would suck to move to your age. But, chances are you'll meet some more friends eventually, and who knows, it could turn out a lot better than you imagined.

Posted by Klarth

On the other hand, you could be irreparably damaged by such a dramatic change.

*twitch* GRAGAHGLE *twitch*

That too... but you usually don't want to be a cynic about these things. It just makes it worse.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI

Posted by Ayu

I moved to the middle of nowhere, so I kinda know what it's like. Oh, and when my world crashes down around me, I usually listen to some heavy metal to drown out all of the noise around me. I might just follow The Judges advice, though...

Posted by NeXidala

Sanaxis, what state did you move to when you refer to "the middle of nowhere"?
---------------------------
I guess I'll start listening to real lloud music and forget about everything else for a while.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Sanaxis: I moved to the middle of nowhere, so I kinda know what it's like. Oh, and when my world crashes down around me, I usually listen to some heavy metal to drown out all of the noise around me. I might just follow The Judges advice, though...

What metal bands do you listen to?

I SWEAR IF YOU SAY SYSTEM OF A DOWN OR DISTURBED I'LL ****ING KILL YOU

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting Klarth: What metal bands do you listen to?

HAY I <3 DISTYRB"D!!!!! SySTM O"A DOWN r0x0rz mie sokksarz>!>!1!1!1!I&@#^#!

Steve walked warily down the street with him brim pulled way down low...

:amy: :amy: :amy: :amy: :amy: :amy: :amy:

Posted by Ant

Sleep.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Ant: Sleep.

I'm sort of insomniac. I don't sleep that much. So sleeping is sort of not a good option lol.

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting NeXidala: I'm sort of insomniac. I don't sleep that much. So sleeping is sort of not a good option lol.

Sex?

Quoted post: I guess I'll start listening to real lloud music and forget about everything else for a while.

Hit me up on AIM, ni[COLOR="White"]gg[/COLOR]er. I'll send you some sweet, sweet black metal.

Posted by NeXidala

Perfect. Metal to sooth the soul. I'll need a lot of that..........

Posted by Sapphire Rose

No, hit ME up on AIM, I'll send you Death Metal. It's less melodic, and more harsh. It's very similar, though.

Hit us both up if you want to do it right, however. As it was Vamp who got me into good black metal. He'll treat you right.

EDIT: Melodic = Atmospheric.

Quoted post: No, hit ME up on AIM, I'll send you Death Metal. It's less melodic, and more harsh. It's very similar, though.

Death metal is way more melodic than black metal, you fool!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Some, not all. A lot of it is very harsh.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=sniper]Much like Dark, I've lived in countless places, though mostly in California. Then we fukken moved to Washington. I vent my aggression on cats.

That pretty much sums up my moving experience.

Except we ended up in Idaho somehow. :(

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Stalolin: That pretty much sums up my moving experience.

Except we ended up in Idaho somehow. :(

Guessing, you don't like Idaho that much?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=NeXidala]Guessing, you don't like Idaho that much?

It's so-so. It's fairly dull though.

Posted by NeXidala

It's on that whole country scene right?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Alcohol or weed and either kids movies or video games.

Posted by mis0

When my world is being enveloped in a wave of anguish, I tend to take it out on the first person to cross me. Don't fukken cross me.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Klarth: What metal bands do you listen to?

[Quote=NeXidala]Sanaxis, what state did you move to when you refer to "the middle of nowhere"?
I guess I'll start listening to real lloud music and forget about everything else for a while.
I listen to all kinds of bands. Even though I live in the middle of nowhere, there is this really awesome radio station that plays heavy metal 24/7. I'm lost for names at the moment, but I know I don't listen to System of a Down, or Disturbed.
Nex, let's just say that it's a very empty, and dull state, at least for me it is.
You should try it. Suprisingly, it keeps you're mind off a lot.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Use the internet to figure out what you listen to.

Posted by NeXidala

Guess I don't listen to them then.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Sanaxis: I listen to all kinds of bands. Even though I live in the middle of nowhere, there is this really awesome radio station that plays heavy metal 24/7. I'm lost for names at the moment, but I know I don't listen to System of a Down, or Disturbed.
Nex, let's just say that it's a very empty, and dull state, at least for me it is.
You should try it. Suprisingly, it keeps you're mind off a lot.

I always thought it was funny how the KH newbs always do this
----------------------------
Funny huh?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

It cracked me up when you did it.

But yeah, I always noticed that too.

Posted by Slade

Man, I wish I had set that trend. I'd feel dang cool right now.

-----------------------------------
Uh... I've never moved, but I've switched schools a few times. I remember that was harsh for, like, a couple weeks. My parents have been talking about moving very soon, though, and I don't want to right in the middle of high school. So I told them I'd stay at friends houses and... camp, or something, for my senior year if I had to just to stick around.
Heh, this place isn't that great, either(it's often referred to as "Hell"), but... I guess I'm not ready to leave it yet. A few loose ends to tie up, first.

Quoted post: I always thought it was funny how the KH newbs always do this

Makes sense to me. One person does it, others use it. Same thing happens here.

Posted by The Judge

no u

owned

Posted by Linko_16

I never really thought about it before.

But I think my parents moving to a different state where I had to get used to a whole new routine and get a new room, go to a new school and make new friends, learn about a whole new neighborhood and get used to a new climate...

Would be the coolest and most ineresting thing to ever happen to me.

Posted by Slade

Sometimes I think the same thing. For instance, my parents were considering moving to this farmland out on a completely flat island near here. I figured I'd spend a lot of time shooting these massive rodents with a .22 and getting about 10 bucks for each pelt(btw this still sounds awesome to me), and boating around. It was an alright place but it'd get boring after a while.

Have the friends up. Shoot stuff. Sit around on the dock. rinse, repeat

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Ant: I always thought it was funny how the KH newbs always do this
----------------------------
Funny huh?

O.K., when can I be called a member, and not a KH newb?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Not any time soon. :)

Posted by Slade

You must first be cleansed of your sins.

Posted by Ayu

Thanks, I'm glad so many people have confidence in me.
[Quote=Slade]You must first be cleansed of your sins.
How would I do that?

Posted by Slade

Start with blood. Lots and lots of blood.

THE BLOOD OF VIIIIIRRRRRRGIIINNSSSS

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Note: Remember, The Judge no longer counts.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Slade: Start with blood. Lots and lots of blood.

THE BLOOD OF VIIIIIRRRRRRGIIINNSSSS

O.K., I'm definitly weirded out now. It is way to early for this kinda thing.
[Quote=Sapphire Rose]Note: Remember, The Judge no longer counts.
Haha.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Darkness Advanced.

Get used to it! :cookie:

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Darkness Advanced.

Get used to it! :cookie:

I guess I'm gonna have too.;)

Posted by Slade

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Note: Remember, The Judge no longer counts.

Psh, what a whore. Seriously.

No, this blood shall be ripe, fresh, clean... yesssssssss...

Quoted post: O.K., when can I be called a member, and not a KH newb?

The fact that you decided to venture out onto the main boards, and even DA is more than enough. In my books anyways.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Vampiro: The fact that you decided to venture out onto the main boards, and even DA is more than enough. In my books anyways.

Thank you very much Vampiro.

Posted by Ant

Does she ever SHUT UP?

Posted by Slade

WHERE'S MY VIRGIN BLOOD

WHAT IS LOVE?

Posted by The Judge

I have no idea. Lust is all that matters to me.

EDIT: Holy f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck did we get another member?

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Linko_16: I never really thought about it before.

But I think my parents moving to a different state where I had to get used to a whole new routine and get a new room, go to a new school and make new friends, learn about a whole new neighborhood and get used to a new climate...

Would be the coolest and most ineresting thing to ever happen to me.

Well, where I live right now, (haven't moved yet, I will sometime this week.), I have a bunch of friends and there are lots of things to do. I guess it'll be a new experience to change the routine. Especially since I'm moving near the beach. I'm just worried about making new friends, not sure how that will go, but my friends right now say it won't be a problem for me. :D

Quoted post: EDIT: Holy **** did we get another member?

Sanaxis? No, she's posted here before, I believe.

Quoted post: I'm just worried about making new friends, not sure how that will go, but my friends right now say it won't be a problem for me.

It most likely won't be a problem. As long as you're still in school, it should be very easy to make some friends.

Posted by NeXidala

Yeah, I'm still in school. Well, school starts in like 3 or 4 weeks....Man I'm bummed. Hope to make a busload of friends lol.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting NeXidala: Yeah, I'm still in school. Well, school starts in like 3 or 4 weeks....Man I'm bummed. Hope to make a busload of friends lol.

I'm not too thrilled about school either. Trust me, you'll make many friends.;) I did when I moved.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sanaxis: I'm not too thrilled about school either. Trust me, you'll make many friends.;) I did when I moved.

Yeah, I hope. Though I am expecting cute guys!

Posted by Ant

I always think it's funny when girls in general talk about "cute" guys. Cause most of the time they are huge faggots :D

Probably just as bad as when guys talk about hot chicks, but eh.

Posted by NeXidala

........Most people enjoy being social with the opposite gender, you know.

Posted by Kanashuri

Escpecially rapists and serial killers:jesse:

Posted by Ant

Quoting NeXidala: ........Most people enjoy being social with the opposite gender, you know.

NO I WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT! GIRLS ARE GROSS!

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Ant: NO I WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT! GIRLS ARE GROSS!

You don't mean that, aren't you going out with Eggroll?

Posted by Ant

gross gross gross

Posted by Slade

I never realized Nexi was so perverted.

sick sick sick

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Slade: I never realized Nexi was so perverted.

sick sick sick

How does me liking guys count as perverted? :cool2:

Posted by Slade

Just... no.:(

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting NeXidala: How does me liking guys count as perverted? :cool2:

Its not that you like guys its what you like to DO to/with guys.

Posted by NeXidala

It's not like I've slept with guys yet.........[spoiler]Unlike you Kanashuri[/spoiler]

Posted by The Judge

Yeah...me neither.

Posted by NeXidala

I hope you haven't Judge.......You better have not!

Posted by The Judge

Why? What are you gonna do about it?

Posted by NeXidala

I don't know....nothing I guess....

Posted by The Judge

Durn tootin

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting The Judge: Durn tootin

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?

Quoting NeXidala: I don't know....nothing I guess....

Nexi and Judge sitting in a tree!

Posted by NeXidala

Anyways, enough!

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting NeXidala: It's not like I've slept with guys yet.........[spoiler]Unlike you Kanashuri[/spoiler]

Does anyone use the term "slept" anymore?
As a sexual term of course.

Posted by NeXidala

Mr.N you know what I meant. I think everyone did.

Posted by Arcadios

That term is better left off in the 90's and below.

Posted by NeXidala

Stop telling me how to talk Mr.N. I don't tell you how to talk. And I'm sorry if I don't say " I haven't fucked guys until we were sweating, yet." Geez!

Posted by Arcadios

You can stop now.

Posted by NeXidala

Get out.

Posted by Arcadios

I have no idea why your getting mad at me.
You make it sound like I was telling you to edit your post or something.

Posted by The Judge

Both of you shut the f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck up and stop talking like this is AIM.

So, Vamp, sup?

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: Does anyone use the term "slept" anymore?
As a sexual term of course.

... Um, yes. That's a very yes indeed. What made you think no one said that any more?

Posted by NeXidala

Because he believes whatever he says is right. And because his vocabulary in sexual terms probably only consists of things like:
-bang her!
-fuck her 'till she drops!
-massive boner
-orgy
Things like that.

Posted by Boner

I just now saw this thread of yours. Naturally it has gotten way off topic. But, I'd still like to give an on topic reply.

I was born in Illinois. Between the ages of 1 and 4, I lived in 3 different homes. By the time I was age 3, my mother was already on her second husband. At the age of 4, we moved to Texas. I ended up living there until I graduated from high school. The years that I lived in Texas, I moved a total of 9 times. Maybe even more. In the third grade, I attended 3 different schools. At age 9, my mother remarried....AGAIN!

Finally, at about the age of 11, I lived in the same town until I graduated. But, we lived in 3 different houses. When I was 17, my mother divorced my second step-father and moved to Indiana and remarried a final time. I stayed with my second step-father until I graduated. I had siblings that he was father to and they also stayed with him. I looked up to him as I do my natural father and we had a strong bond. I still keep in touch with him to this day.

Anyway, before I go off on too much of a tangent, I ended up moving back to Chicago to live with my biological father and find a decent job. I have been in this house with him since '98. I even bought half the house from him because he is no longer able to work and could no longer afford a full mortgage. So, it looks like I'll be here for quite a while.

My whole life I have known nothing but meeting new people and making new friends, only to have friendships severed due to moving. It's not fun, but you get used to it. I know it doesn't seem fair. But, there are many life lessons to be gained. You will find out who your true friends are. You never loose contact with true friends. If you completely loose contact, then there were probably other reasons for you being acquainted with them. And they probably weren't good ones.

Having to move because of your father's job will help you adapt to changes in life that are out of your control. And trust me, life is full of such changes. I know it's easy to get depressed over it, but try not to take out any aggression on your parents or give them a hard time about it. Some day you may be married with kids of your own and be faced with a similar situation. Sometimes you have to do what's best. Even if it means an uncomfortable change in the short term. You are still young. You will make new friends. It won't be as bad as it seems right now.

But, no matter where you move, you will always have us crazy bastards here at VGC. You simply can't escape us!

Posted by Ant

Heh, I got a laugh out of that.

Posted by Boner

I like how someone decided to replace Illinois with Hong Kong in my post. Whoever did that is a total prick. A funny prick, but a prick nonetheless!

Posted by Ant

That would be me. I was thinking Greenland at first, but Hong Kong seemed better.

Posted by NeXidala

Wow, thanks to Opeth's and everyone else's post about moving so much my situation doesn't seem as bad anymore! Thanks guys! And, I would never take out any aggression on my parents for moving because I know it's for the best.

Posted by Slade

TAKE THAT *****ES

Look at all the good DA can do when we work together toward the greater goo-FAGGOT'D

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Slade: TAKE THAT *****ES

Look at all the good DA can do when we work together toward the greater goo-FAGGOT'D

Gee, thanks for all the support!

Posted by Slade

No, no, no. I was serious about how DA(...mainly Opeth) was like "HAY ITS NOT SO BAD" and then you were like "YA UR RIGHT" and therefore we helped you. That's kind of like working towards the greater good.

I was also serious about how it sounded gay for me to say all the stuff above in a cheesy manner. So, yeah we helped, and yes, it does sound faggy for me to recognize the fact that we helped.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Slade: No, no, no. I was serious about how DA(...mainly Opeth) was like "HAY ITS NOT SO BAD" and then you were like "YA UR RIGHT" and therefore we helped you. That's kind of like working towards the greater good.

I was also serious about how it sounded gay for me to say all the stuff above in a cheesy manner. So, yeah we helped, and yes, it does sound faggy for me to recognize the fact that we helped.

Ok, so help clear it up, are you truly being nice or not?

Posted by Slade

Haha, I find it funny how I can ramble and not get my point across at all. Happens a lot. :/

Yes, at the heart of both posts was good intent.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Slade: Haha, I find it funny how I can ramble and not get my point across at all. Happens a lot. :/

Yes, at the heart of both posts was good intent.

Lol, ok thanks. Now, I can feel better without having to think that there might have been a possibility you were just being sarcastic.

Posted by Slade

lol girls

Welcome to DA. That probably happens a lot, but I figured this was a "real" enough situation that I should just say, "yeah, I was joking."

whoah... like...first time ive taken a thread seriously here....huh

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Slade: lwhoah... like...first time ive taken a thread seriously here....huh

Now that makes me feel special. Anyways, I gotta go. I'll be on later. KUDOS!

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=NeXidala]Wow, thanks to Opeth's and everyone else's post about moving so much my situation doesn't seem as bad anymore! Thanks guys! And, I would never take out any aggression on my parents for moving because I know it's for the best.

moving is like beating the hell out of your social life

Posted by Ant

/  . __ 、/ 丿               ヽ
          / ,  / ./  /  _ ,__'   i  i  i  i   'l
          //. /  /  /_-''’ ___,,ノ、  7  '       l
        . レ.l/  ./   /  ,,-'''''  l l  .l   ,       l
          / ,/   ´  , '_ !-‐'''''''''''') ./l ../l     i ...l l
         r/ .l  ゙   '''’ _,,,-‐/ ̄.l/ .l ./ l     i  .l l
         .l.!         々' Vヽー--l/'‐、l /l   i  /ll
         l         /'''' ヽ   '..,,,___、l/./   ノ'l/ l'
        l         ./   !       '' /'/' ,/)ノ
        l        /   /          / ,//
        /       丿   亅         ./ /r'
     / ̄ ̄ ̄''' ‐ ,_ /丶   ____        ./ / 
   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄''' ‐ ,_ \. .l\ ”-ニ⊃    //r'\
   /          '-,/  .l \  ' ̄   ,/ / │ ''、、
  ./            /  l 丶ゝ,,,,,,,-‐''  /  │  'l "'-、
 /          .∩/   .l  /─、 ,─/   │   'l  "'-、
../          ∩/    .l /  Cl l - l\  │    'l    "'-、
/            /     レ' ヽ┌──┐ソ\ │     'l      "'-、

Posted by Eggroll

Quoting Ant: NO I WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT! GIRLS ARE GROSS!

yea, they are gross. i'm acutually a man and ant's gay. i'm sorry, i couldn't keep this secret any longer!

Posted by The Judge

Nex, I have something that will reassure you and make you feel totally better about moving:

Everyone dies. Think of death as a release and a new beginning, not an end. The fact that your method of transportation will end up crashing halfway through the trip and you will perish in the flames (even if you're on foot) is something to look forward to!

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting The Judge: Nex, I have something that will reassure you and make you feel totally better about moving:

Everyone dies. Think of death as a release and a new beginning, not an end. The fact that your method of transportation will end up crashing halfway through the trip and you will perish in the flames (even if you're on foot) is something to look forward to!

I'm gonna go ahead and take that as if you were using death as an example of moving. :D
And I've already moved into my new home, and everything is going pretty good so far. The only thing that has me slighlty nervous is school, which hasn't started yet.

Posted by brownoystercult

I've lived in the house I'm currently in my entire life! :D

EDIT:: Nex, yeah I love it. It's really easygoing and I have lots of friends around the neighborhood to hang out with, so it's pretty awesome. I would really really hate to move.

Posted by Klarth

It's funny. I never really ***** about not having a home, because even if I did I'd never be around to enjoy it anyway.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: It's funny. I never really ***** about not having a home, because even if I did I'd never be around to enjoy it anyway.

Why not? What if you lived in, let's say, an apartment with your best friend, who you always find yourself laughing with. Not only that, but he/she is not the type of person to screw up life, and you enjoy being with that person. Also, where you live, you would have a lot of friends that are always there for you, and lots of places to go out and do things. Would you enjoy it then?

Posted by Slade

Meh, sometimes I totally wish I didn't have a steady home. It'd be a lot more exciting to move around more. Even *GASP* live outside this country?

But that's just the candy-coated side of it. Leaving a couple of good friends I have here would be hard as hell.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Slade: Meh, sometimes I totally wish I didn't have a steady home. It'd be a lot more exciting to move around more. Even *GASP* live outside this country?

But that's just the candy-coated side of it. Leaving a couple of good friends I have here would be hard as hell.

That's exactly the dilema I'm going through! I really enjoy living a couple of minutes from the beach here and whatnot, but I miss my friends!
It's VERY bitter-sweet

Posted by Klarth

[quote=NeXidala]Why not? What if you lived in, let's say, an apartment with your best friend, who you always find yourself laughing with. Not only that, but he/she is not the type of person to screw up life, and you enjoy being with that person. Also, where you live, you would have a lot of friends that are always there for you, and lots of places to go out and do things. Would you enjoy it then?
I pretty much do already, seeing as I live at boarding school most of the year and I was in a room with Dread last term. And next term, too. RESULT: We laugh at everyone like the elitists we are. And we get no work done. And we regularly get into shit.

It'd be nice to not have to scrounge for somewhere to live every single time I get out of school though... My mother's never at home (and she lives in France anyway), and my brother doesn't live in London anymore so it's a ***** tracking him down. Oh well, I can give it another two years, I guess, but for the sake of my teen years I'm still feeling pretty down about it right now.

This is why I never want kids.

Posted by Slade

Meh, I've only really got about 2 friends worth missing in the long run. And I can definitely imagine losing contact with even them. Things change, people meet new people. Heck, it's been about 3 months since I contacted one of my friends with whom I used to be really close. And I know if I never talked to him again I'd be just fine.

spoilers: Klarth adopts a young Nigerian boy.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: I pretty much do already, seeing as I live at boarding school most of the year and I was in a room with Dread last term. And next term, too. RESULT: We laugh at everyone like the elitists we are. And we get no work done. And we regularly get into shit.

It'd be nice to not have to scrounge for somewhere to live every single time I get out of school though... My mother's never at home (and she lives in France anyway), and my brother doesn't live in London anymore so it's a ***** tracking him down. Oh well, I can give it another two years, I guess, but for the sake of my teen years I'm still feeling pretty down about it right now.

This is why I never want kids.

You know when you said that every summer you went to France? I don't know, but does that imply you were wealthy? If so, couldn't your mother maybe help you out to get a stable place of your own? If not, uhm, how old are you? Because maybe you could find a place to live for a summer and get a full-time job for that summer so you have enough money to get your own place eventually, or at least rent a place, you know? Trying to help here, lol.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, we were wealthy... The place in France used to be just a holiday home, and my parents picked it up in 1991. After we lost our home in 2003 we moved down there permanently, and until this time last year I could rely on it being a home base when I wasn't at school - I'd just fly down outside of term and spend a while there with my mother. And thaaaaat was when she ran off with some CRAZY RICH guy and now she spends most of her time in Brazil and Argentina and Uruguay and Chile and Paraguay and Florida and Puerto Rico and Mexico and occasionally the USA. I don't see too much of her anymore, but thankfully the guy she's with is paying my school fees and all the bills.

I'm fifteen now, so I legally can't work until September, and I kind of doubt I'd be earning enough to support getting my own place. I've got a plan to ask my mother about this sort of thing on my sixteenth birthday, though...

Posted by NeXidala

Oh, so your mom is living all over the place I see. Can't you live in your home in France without your mom being there?

Quoting Klarth: I'm fifteen now, so I legally can't work until September, and I kind of doubt I'd be earning enough to support getting my own place. I've got a plan to ask my mother about this sort of thing on my sixteenth birthday, though...

Yeah, I figured you were around that age, and what I had meant about the job was that, you live at somebody else's house for one summer, while working full-time. Then, the next summer the money you saved up might be enough to rent out a place for however long your summerbreak is. But, since you are fifteen, I guess that's not an option.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=NeXidala]Oh, so your mom is living all over the place I see. Can't you live in your home in France without your mom being there?
Heh, I'd love to, but the main problems are that she'd lose her shit and totally forbid it, we don't have a phone line down there, we're half an hour from the nearest town and I can't drive, and I'd be horrifyingly lonely. :(

Kinda sad right now that I'm being kicked out of where I'm living right now very soon, and I'm gonna have to start hunting for somewhere to live - Some girl my brother knows is offering to let me stay for a week or two, but for the last fortnight of the summer I'm gonna have to do some serious scrounging.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth]Heh, I'd love to, but the main problems are that she'd lose her shit and totally forbid it, we don't have a phone line down there, we're half an hour from the nearest town and I can't drive, and I'd be horrifyingly lonely. :(
Wow, no phone line? That must suck! But, if you brought a laptop with internet connection, you could throw awesome house parties! : Kinda sad right now that I'm being kicked out of where I'm living right now very soon, and I'm gonna have to start hunting for somewhere to live - Some girl my brother knows is offering to let me stay for a week or two, but for the last fortnight of the summer I'm gonna have to do some serious scrounging.

Why are they kicking you out? That's not cool....

Posted by Slade

Huh, I figure if I was in that situation I'd just be really nice to everyone so maybe they'd let me stay at their place for a while. You could work for someone in exchange for staying with them, too, but that doesn't sound especially nice I know. Do computer stuff for them, maybe.

Posted by Klarth

My tr00 friends are geeks. They all tend to be pretty computer literate, sadly. :(

[quote=NeXidala]
Why are they kicking you out? That's not cool....
My brother's living with a guy he set up a webdesign firm with, and I'm meant to be crashing here for the summer considering I have nowhere else to go. His business partner's being a cock and he wants me out, for the sole reason that I'm "using electricity". :/ He doesn't even pay the bills anyway.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: My brother's living with a guy he set up a webdesign firm with, and I'm meant to be crashing here for the summer considering I have nowhere else to go. His business partner's being a cock and he wants me out, for the sole reason that I'm "using electricity". :/ He doesn't even pay the bills anyway.

What a shithead! Does he like expect you to walk around the house in total darkness?
There's always one idiot around there looking to screw up someone's life...
So Klarth, what are you gonna do?
I read this story once, about a guy who would purposely get himself thrown in jail for 3 months during the winter but then.....Wait, but that's totally different from your situation, nevermind.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: My brother's living with a guy he set up a webdesign firm with, and I'm meant to be crashing here for the summer considering I have nowhere else to go. His business partner's being a cock and he wants me out, for the sole reason that I'm "using electricity". :/ He doesn't even pay the bills anyway.

What a shithead! Does he like expect you to walk around the house in total darkness?
There's always one idiot around there looking to screw up someone's life...
So Klarth, what are you gonna do?
I read this story once, about a guy who would purposely get himself thrown in jail for 3 months during the winter but then.....Wait, but that's totally different from your situation, nevermind.

Posted by Klarth

Well, tomorrow I'm heading off to my uncle's place for two weeks or so, then I'm gonna see if I can stay at Dreadnought's house for a while.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: Well, tomorrow I'm heading off to my uncle's place for two weeks or so, then I'm gonna see if I can stay at Dreadnought's house for a while.

You guys live in the same area? Hmmm....I didn't know that.

Posted by Arcadios

Ever went into the Member Picture thread?
I remember they had a pic together.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: Ever went into the Member Picture thread?
I remember they had a pic together.

I've been there once or twice but I didn't see that pic.....link?

Posted by Apathetic

Well I hope the people dont ****ing suck where you live, cause they do in cali. Almost all of them anyways.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Apathetic: Well I hope the people dont ****ing suck where you live, cause they do in cali. Almost all of them anyways.

I always thought Cali was a fun place.....Isn't it?

Posted by Apathetic

Sort of, theres this big conspiracy going on right now. Really. I just hate people.

Posted by Slade

You should be more apathetic.
[spoiler]lolololololololololol[/spoiler]

Posted by Apathetic

Can I still tell them they suck? What I do! :(

Posted by Slade

Sure, go ahead. What I do! :(

Posted by Apathetic

Uhhh what? What I do! :(

Posted by Slade

idk What I do! :(

Posted by Apathetic

I hate What I do! :(

I hate EveryThiNg All the timE KNow what I mEaN?

Posted by Ant

ya i sumtimes cut a bit to make da presaue go a way.

Posted by Apathetic

Is he talking to me? What I do! :(

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Apathetic: Sort of, theres this big conspiracy going on right now. Really. I just hate people.

What conspiracy are you talking about?