Suggested DS titles?

Posted by Alastor

Birthday coming up tomorrow (26th), and I've decided to ask for or mug someone and buy a DS Lite. As far as I know, there aren't any bundles that come with free games yet, and I'm set on getting a Lite or I might go for the red one that comes with Mario Kart.

I'll probably get one game with it from my parents, and I've got $40 in my pocket right now, so I can come away with atleast one or two games.

Games I'm considering right now are:

[list][*]Mario Kart DS
[*]Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
[*]Animal Crossing: Wild World
[*]New! Super Mario Bros.
[*]Tetris DS[/list]

Games that earn a "Do Not Want":
[list][*]Super Mario 64 DS
[*]Yoshi Touch and Go
[*]Metroid Prime: Hunters
[*]Any Castlevanias. Never cared for the franchise.[/list]

Undecided on Kirby: Canvas Curse. Suggestions? Feel free to name something other than what I listed, too.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Go with New! Super Mario Bros. Seriously, it rocks.

Posted by Stalolin

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Posted by Alastor

Do Not Want: Castlevania.

Posted by Pit

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Alastor]Do Not Want: Castlevania.

TOO BAD.

Posted by Arcadios

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The two lolin said (****ing buy CV, you cock), and Ouendan. Maybe Trauma Centre too. Oh, and Meteos.

Posted by Slade

<3 Kirby. I'd go with that. Never played it myself, but as far as I know it got solid reviews.

Other than that, it's just games that aren't out yet that have me all excited(FF3, Harvest Moon). So none of those other games you listed sound great.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro]The two lolin said, and Ouendan. Maybe Trauma Centre too. Oh, and Meteos.

Oh yeah, Meteos. Trauma Center wasn't bad, fun for a bit.

Posted by Alastor

How does Meteos do when compared to Tetris DS? I've played Tetris for like 5 minutes in EB once, but never played Meteos before.

Posted by Pit

Partners in time sucks, so linear, Superstar Saga was way awesomer

Get Mario Kart and any other online game if you ****ing have the online **** set up, otherwise hope your friend have the games, cause get ready to get bored playing the computers over and over and ****

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Alastor]How does Meteos do when compared to Tetris DS? I've played Tetris for like 5 minutes in EB once, but never played Meteos before.

Meteos is like Tetris but having swallowed a gallon of LSB prior to playing.

It's that awesome.

Posted by Pit

You know what game is better than Tetris? Mete- Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Quoted post: Trauma Center wasn't bad, fun for a bit.

It was awesome, just ****ing hard.

Quoted post: How does Meteos do when compared to Tetris DS? I've played Tetris for like 5 minutes in EB once, but never played Meteos before.

Completely different game, and a completely different puzzle series. It's hard to compare. It's just one of those games where you get your money's worth.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Pit: Partners in time sucks, so linear, Superstar Saga was way awesomer

you're wrong :mad:

Anyway, definitely get New Super Mario Bros. abd Tetris DS.

I wouldn't say it sucks, but it wasn't even close to being as good as Superstar was.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Linkman: you're wrong :mad:

Anyway, definitely get New Super Mario Bros. abd Tetris DS.

Yeah okay just don't wipe out Darkness Advanced, Partners in time kicked *** jeez

Posted by Linkman

I know that, but it was still no where near sucks. It was pretty long, for a DS game that is.

Quoting Pit: Yeah okay just don't wipe out Darkness Advanced, Partners in time kicked *** jeez

You're lucky, I had my curser on the delete button.

Posted by Arcadios

I had alot more fun with Superstar but the items for partners in time was good. :cool:

I beat the game in less then 5 days, it wasen't that long for me but I replayed it.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: I had alot more fun with Superstar but the items for partners in time was good. :cool:

I just didn't like how Partners in Time, I mean, it puts you on a spot, you basically follow through. All the elements are there but I love the hueg overworld and the exploration bits :(

Posted by Alastor

As long as it retains the style and humor that Superstar Saga had, I'll like it.

Posted by Stalolin

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

It does. So you probably will.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Alastor: As long as it retains the style and humor that Superstar Saga had, I'll like it.

Yeah you know what game retains the same humor and style as in Supertar Sage? Yeah, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Posted by Pit

So who here beat that Julius mode eh'? That crazy Soma Cruz with Draculas soul and his stupid fukken gaibon and Harpy

Posted by Stalolin

I'm at the hueg bat on Julius mode. Still a little bit to go. :(

I did, pain in the ***. But playing an Alucard again was pretty cool.

Posted by Arcadios

New Castlevania DS coming soon. :cool:

Posted by Linkman

Fuck the DS, buy a gun and shoot lolin in the head, and win free rep.

im in yer lolins, shootin his face

Posted by Pit

Quoting Stalolin: I'm at the hueg bat on Julius mode. Still a little bit to go. :(

Ha fag. Vampire Killer plays in that spot so it's coo'.

Vamp, Soma is easy and stuff. Classic Dracula, tranfer, instead of shooting three fireballs though he does the axe armor mega axe and fukken gaibon is gay :( Song is cool, SotN mad crazy G, I played it through so many times I can beat soma as all three characters (no switching, I can beat him perfectly as Yoko, Julius, or Alucard) and like, not get hit, its pathetic... Metroid all over again :-\

Yeah get the new Castlevania game, Portrait of Ruin, supposed to be the best castlevania yet, EPIC

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Linkman]F[COLOR=lime]u[/COLOR]ck the DS, buy a gun and shoot lolin, and win free rep.

=( What'd I do?

Posted by Linkman

suggested Dan waste his hard earned birthday money :(

Quoted post: Vamp, Soma is easy and stuff. Classic Dracula, tranfer, instead of shooting three fireballs though he does the axe armor mega axe and fukken gaibon is gay Song is cool, SotN mad crazy G, I played it through so many times I can beat soma as all three characters (no switching, I can beat him perfectly as Yoko, Julius, or Alucard) and like, not get hit, its pathetic... Metroid all over again :-\

That's pretty hardcore. But I got stuck a few times in Julius mode. It wasn't that it was difficult, just more so than I figured it would be. Especially Death. **** that ****.

Posted by Arcadios

I saw the gameplay for the new one and it looked good.
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4703

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Linkman]suggested Dan waste his hard earned birthday money :(

k fine.

Alastor, send your money to me, you'll be 5 points happier.

Quoted post: I saw the gameplay for the new one and it looked good.

Yeah, the new game should be ****ing awesome. It's supposed to be the best, according to everyone who's played it.

Posted by Pit

oh man Death was ****ing EASY. It was like, okay, first form, you know how he comes to swoosh at you with his scythe and it's a combo attack. Do a dash to avoid his lunge and keep holding down, he automatically misses you since its a slice. Then when he throws his scythe to make it into the smaller ones, just use julius, to you know know, swing his whi around, easy as ****. His third atatck in this form is just his 3 death clones, which you can stay between them. Just equip holy cross (weak version) and throw em and whip the **** out of him.

In his second form, keep doing this, cept when he lungs at you, double jump and down kick to avoid him completely. When he throws the big 4 skeletons, thats easy, walk left, then right, etc, this time when he throw his scythe its trickier so the best thing to do is to double jump, and down kick on the little syctehs to avoid the big one completely. You practically kick his *** in this mode.

Posted by Alastor

Spending the first money I've had since before Christmas on a franchise I don't like really seems like a good idea. I'm convinced. Thanks guys!

... idk, I just had trouble for some reaosn :(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Alastor: Spending the first money I've had since before Christmas on a franchise I don't like really seems like a good idea. I'm convinced. Thanks guys!

Its impossible not to like castlevania. people who hate it like it,

Posted by Arcadios

The only CastleVania I've ever played was Aria of Sorrow and I really liked that one.
I would have bought the one out now for DS but I'm low on cash and Hunters caught my eye, which I'll buy tomorrow.

Posted by Ant

Dawn of Sorrow was the first Castlevania I ever played, and I really liked it, as well :D

Anyways, I would suggest Mariokart for sure(lol so we can race and I can win) and one of the following: Kirby or Advance Wars. I would say Metroid or Castlevania, but it was on the "DO NOT WANT" list.

Posted by The Judge

Buy any and all Castlevania titles, Mario Kart DS, and Phoenix Wright. Also, Mario games are a plus.

Posted by Stalolin

recommend some rad GBA titles. I finished Gunstar Super Heroes. For a remake it was surprizingly different.

Posted by Klarth

Advance Wars II
Riviera
Mario Advance 3, 4
Zelda: A Link To The Past
Fire Emblem
Final Fantasy IV

Posted by Stalolin

Advance Wars games are sort of fun, but I'll probably go with Fire Emblem. Or FFIV. Everything else I've played.

Posted by Slade

Go with FFIV. Huh, and apparently VI is coming soon, too.

edit: OMG and V!

Do I really want to play this much Final Fantasy? :/

edit 2: Oh, forgot about classes. Yeah, I do.:cool:

Do you really want to play this much FF... the same FF that's been available to play for upwards of ten years?

No.

Posted by Slade

Well, I want to play V.

Plus they like totally like make it like look better and stuff, so its like a whole totally new, like, game, you know?

GRAFIX YYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HH!H!

Posted by Slade

BLEEP BOOP BOOP IS NOW BLEEP CHING BOOP YEEEEEEAAAAAAEEEEEEHHHHAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

oh ya they updated sound too

IN STEREO WOOOOT!

Posted by Slade

Dude, no, ****ing seriously, stereo? Like, it comes out of both speakers at the same ****ing time?

Hold on, man, I'm gonna go lie down.

No man, it's even better than that. You can, like, hear different sounds in different speakers. It's ****ing INSANE. Stupid insane.

Posted by Alastor

How about that new 2.1 stereo, guys?

Oh jeez, that's, like, a WHOLE .1 better than the old sound!

Posted by Slade

Guys, don't tell anyone, but I got my hands on a ****ING 5.1!!!!

no, no, shhh shhhhhhhhh quiet

THIS TECHNOLOGY IS MOVING WAY TOO FAST FOR ME!

Before you know it, 8.1 will be out!!

Posted by Alastor

Dude, no. Shut up. 2.1 is groundbreaking technology, and I have it. You know you're jealous. :(

Posted by ExoXile

Get'emz:
Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Castlevania: DoS. Yeah, it's pretty much a must.
Advance Wars: DS. Awesome game.

Don't get:
Resident Evil: DS. It'll make you sad.
And uh, no further advice I can share.

Posted by Alastor

If Metroid Prime: Hunters and Castlevania: DoS weren't both on my DO NOT WANT list I just might agree!!

I'm probably just going to get Mario Kart DS and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. =/

Posted by ExoXile

TRY THEM, YOU'LL LIKE THEM.

Posted by Alastor

NO I WON'T. THERE'S A REASON I SAID I DO NOT WANT CASTLEVANIA *** ****IT

I PLAYED METROID PRIME HUNTERS AND HAD A HAND CRAMP FIVE MINUTES IN

FPS =/= DS

RAGH

Posted by Klarth

Hold your DS with the palm of your left hand facing you and the fingers pointed up. Handcramp no more.

Posted by Alastor

Even so it wasn't a very fun game!

Posted by Klarth

You're too used to Halo :(

Posted by Pit

I think you should play castlevania

Posted by The Judge

It's a great game, dude. You really should get it.

Posted by Pit

Yeah I don't know which Castlevania turned you off to the series. Maybe if you told us we could formulate some kind of a discussion as to why you should still get dawn of Sorrow :)

Posted by Alastor

Any of them I've tried playing weren't fun at all. I don't recall which one it was since I can't tell one apart from the others. A DS or GBA one, probably. The Xbox one sucked hard, too.

Posted by The Judge

The 3D ones aren't really that good.

Posted by Slade

Pretty much every Castlevania for GBA has been good, apparently the DS on has as well, and Portrait of Ruin looks flipping awesome.

I can't think of a good excuse to haet any of the 2D ones.

Posted by Alastor

They just weren't fun. :(

That, and from what little I know there's absolutely no difference between the plot or gameplay in almost all of them save one tiny element that doesn't really add anything.

Posted by Klarth

That's like saying all Star Wars movies are the same - Good guys fighting bad guys. It's really totally different each time even if the basic premise is always similar.

ALL 3D Castlevaniae are TERRIBLE. I mean, WHAT IS MAN, lol, lol

Posted by The Judge

That game was in 2D, halfwit.

Posted by Klarth

orly? I thought it was in the 64 version for some reason.

Posted by Alastor

Enlighten me.

Some guy has to fight Dracula or you play as Dracula's son or some ****. That's about as far as my knowledge on the game goes.

Posted by Ant

wrong.

Quoted post: Some guy has to fight Dracula or you play as Dracula's son or some ****. That's about as far as my knowledge on the game goes.

You either play as Alucard (Dracula's son), vampire killers, or the soon-to-be Dracula.

Posted by Pit

To me it seems you don't even know what the game is about yet you turn it down. You know, I thought you had some knowledge of the game.

Riddle me this, do you like 2D metroid?

Posted by Poison

Dick Sodomy.

Posted by Alastor

It's alright. I've never been huge on Super Metroid for whatever reason. Fusion was good for one playthrough, though, then I got bored with it.

Posted by Ant

same.

Posted by Slade

I've never been into the whole, "WHOAH I just beat that game, it was awwwesooooome IM GONNA PLAY IT AGAIN!" thing.

I thing MGS is the only stuff I ever play more than once through.

@Alastor: The fact that you don't like Super Metroid makes me feel like we'll never really connect.:(
Thus, you probably won't like any of my game recommendations.

Posted by Alastor

Nonsense. I get along with Zeta just fine despite Super Metroid. :)

Ninja Gaiden.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Alastor: Nonsense. I get along with Zeta just fine despite Super Metroid. :)

Yeah... but will we, like, ever really.... like, really connect, man?

[quote]Ninja Gaiden.
I was playing Ninja Gaiden I via rom earlier today... it's suprising how hard it can still be.

The old games are fine, but I played them to death when I was younger. I really only stick with the Xbox game. Love it.

Posted by Slade

I remember the first game lying around for years when I was younger, but I was retarded and couldn't play it. So it was all nostalgic this time around for the first like two minutes... and then I beat the first boss.

Heh, I remember having a more difficult time with Metroid than I did with the original Ninja Gaiden. So I guess it just goes to show you how my brain worked back then. So I know how it is to be retarded when it comes to certain games.

Posted by Slade

I think I had a general "CAN'T BEAT THE FIRST LEVEL" retardedness. It affected almost every game we owned until I was 9. Maybe if there were two levels before the first boss, I might make it through them. But the bosses themselves were never an option.

i pwned at super mario world tho

Yeah, I had the same problem for a few games. Now I can beat them all no problem... except for battletoads... couldn't beat the second level back when and still have a hard time with it now.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, I had the same problem for a few games. Now I can beat them all no problem... except for battletoads... couldn't beat the second level back when and still have a hard time with it now.

NOOB.

:(

Posted by Ant

I beat battletoads without dying once. True Story.

I only play two-player :( Maybe that's why I have so much trouble.

It's gotta be the only game in history where it's harder to play with a friend than without.

Posted by Pit

or maybe its because you're gay

Posted by ExoXile

Battletoads, what an awesome game. :cool:

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Alastor: Nonsense. I get along with Zeta just fine despite Super Metroid. :)

Pointless Metroid vs. Halo dispute gogogogogogogooggogogogogogo!

:P

Posted by The Judge

Halo f[COLOR="black"][COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR][/COLOR]ck yeah.

"YEAH MAN, I MEAN, METROID PRIME SUCKS BECAUSE THERES LIKE, LOCK-ON AND **** AND LOCK-ON FOR NOOBS."

"sticky-aim"

"..."

that's how they all go.