Super Dragon Ball Z

Posted by WackoHater2

Has anyone heard anything about this game? Its supposedly out already. I clicked on an ad for it on Neopets earlier.. I dont remember the site it took me to. Atari.Com or something. I'm sure you could find it if you Google it though. It looks alright. Only 18 characters, but it goes back to the Budokai 3 fighting style. That Tenkaichi fighting style ****ed me off. I traded mine in for store credit.

Posted by Roger Smith

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/superdbz/index.html?q=Super%20Draogn%20Ball%20Z]GameSpot get dude[/url]

Posted by Arcadios

I'm not going to be getting it since it will be like all the other budokais.
They need to stop milking the series.

Posted by XeroPercent

I don't think there has ever been a series with less depth then DBZ.

Posted by Big Boss

For your information, Super Dragon Ball Z isn't the next Budokai game. Super DBZ was an original arcade title developed by a brand new company in Japan, with design by Street Fighter II producer Noritaka Funamizu (who also worked on the Alpha series). As a result, the game has more traditional gameplay that will satisfy skill-based fighting game fans, but at the same time it's nowhere as deep as true fighting games like Street Fighter, Tekken or Mortal Kombat. Without the over-the-top action of other DBZ games, this one comes down to taste. Make no mistake though, the game is pretty fun and the character cards allowing you to upgrade any character in the roster through a skill tree can yield interesting results, such as Trunks using a futuristic light sword or a Japanese, long-reach sword. The short number of different modes to play in may hurt the package however, so unless you like owning everything DBZ or don't care about money, just rent it for a fun weekened.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Big Boss]It feels like a blend of the two. Special and super moves are done by inputting the typical SF joystick motions, while you can still dash like in Budokai. To be honest, I like the gameplay system more because of this for the simple fact that I've played Capcom fighters my whole life. All it needs is more of that DBZ over-the-top coating, and more characters and game modes, to be the ultimate DBZ fighter.

Posted by omegga

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]i wasn't a big fan of this game. i think the best DBZ game so far was dbz budokai tenkaichi, at first i hated it, but i really grew on me. i found Super DBZ a bit bland...[/COLOR]