DnD IST KREIG

Posted by Lord of Spam

I was looking through Unearthed Arcana today, which is a Dungeons and Dragons book of variant rules, and I found the entry for Arctic races. Then, I realized that it was supremely lol worthy. So here it is, straight from page 8 of Unearthed Arcana.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/arcticgrim.png[/IMG]

Posted by The Judge

Well, I got a laugh. And it's true, you know.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I was looking for fun things to add to an upcoming character I have planned. Its a half orc rogue who basically just plays dumb in order to get people to let their guard down. Either in the form of "Okay, we can talk since the big dumb orc wont understand anyway" or in the sense of "Okay, we took his big hueg axe, we're safe OH SHI HE HAD A HIDDEN DAGGER" *sneak attack**sneak attack**sneak attack*

Should be fun. I intend to play him as a rediculously educated and tasteful individual who enjoys going under peoples radars.

Posted by Klarth

Haha, that's utterly fantastic. Win for grikiness.

That's grim geekiness.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's even better than I imagined. Best ****ing find ever, sir. Saved.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, I was chillin' at a Borders getting my literature on when I found it. I lol'd pretty hard, which was great since it was in the middle of a quiet bookstore.

Posted by mis0

DnD IST NERD. However, I guess it makes sense because you're all grim and I guess you're grim because you're nerds. LOGIC PELLETS AHOY! :cookie:

Posted by Stalolin

I wanna play DnD with LOS.

Make it happen.

Posted by The Judge

I think I'm closer to you, logistically.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=The Judge]I think I'm closer to you, logistically.

Guilty Gear and DnD.

Make it happen.

Posted by The Judge

Plane's waiting

Posted by Lord of Spam

You dont want to play DnD with me. I build overpowered characters that make games turn into hour long killfests.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Lord of Spam]You dont want to play DnD with me. I build overpowered characters that make games turn into hour long killfests.

Sounds good. And do any non-book based themed games? I did this Starcraft version once. I played as an incredibly fine female marine and conned the armory guy into handing out awesome stuff. I was like a super-powered Ghost at the end.

Posted by The Judge

I do non-book themed games a lot. I did a Shin Megami Tensei one once. My most recent one was a FFT/Fire Emblem one.

Quoted post: You dont want to play DnD with me. I build overpowered characters that make games turn into hour long killfests.

get some nerds together. I want in.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

A: Just saw this thread.
B: Most badassed thing ever.
C: AD&D rullz.
D: No one knows about V&V, though. :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: get some nerds together. I want in.

If you're serious, this can be done. However, I must warn you. The guys I hang out with are bigger losers than I am. I **** you not, one of them is 21 and still lives with his parents. Now, that in and of itself isnt that bad. BUT, he just got his drivers lisence a month or so ago. This means that at the age of 21, he was being driven to college... by his mommy. And it gets better. He bought a car, but just never got it registered and got a lisence, because he was fine with being driven around by his mommy. He is the epitome of a big fat loser nerd. he knows more about DnD history than most people know about real world history. He plays WoW for HOURS each night and any funny story he tells is either video game or DnD related. If you meet him, you WILL want to falcan panch him in his ****ing face.

edit: plus, he's an immature *******, too. He's the type that will mock you endlessly if he kills you once at a game, but turn teh tables and he whines about imbalances and unfairness. Typical "i run my mouth cuz the internet makes my feel cool" pasty fat goon.

Quoted post: I **** you not, one of them is 21 and still lives with his parents. Now, that in and of itself isnt that bad.

I was about to write a note to myself as a reminder to pop you in the face next week.

Anywho, that sounds pretty awesome in a "jesus christ this is ****ing retarded" kind of way.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, I wrote that without that rider, then reread it and was like OH SHI and fix'd it.