Favorite Player (not on your fav. team)

Posted by XeroPercent

I'm from the New England area so my fav players are David Ortiz, Delonte West, and Mike Vrabel, but I want to know who your favorite players are that don't play for you fav. teams are....

MLB: Ryan Howard
NBA: Ben Wallace
NFL: Shawne Merriman

Posted by Corrupt

MLB: Albert Pujols is one of the most amazing players I've ever seen, and that's saying a hell of a lot. Other honorable mentions include Vladimir Guerrero, Ichiro, David Ortiz, and Manny Ramirez. There are others, probably, but I can't really recall them now. As far as my favorite players on my favorite MLB team (the Padres) go, well... there's Adrian Gonzalez, Jake Peavy (but MAN, what's been happening to you? :(), "It's Trevor Time" Hoffman, and how 'bout that rookie Josh Barfield? Incredible player having a brilliant debut year so far. The entire outfield (Mike Cameron, Dave Roberts, and Brian Giles) are all great, and Mike Piazza's been getting red-hot recently. Stay hot, Piazza!

I don't pay enough attention to other sports to have any favorite players from them, though.

Posted by XeroPercent

Adrian Gonzalez is crazy good, I just picked him up on my fantasy team (off waivers, if you can believe it)

Posted by Jonnymovgamer

MLB:Troy Glaus
NFL: Ladanian Tomlinson
NBA: Kevin Garnett

Posted by Kamek

I'm a die hard Yankees fan, but I can't help but cheer for David Wright. I like how he carries himself, and you can see he really has a true love for the game.

Posted by Big Boss

MLB

Craig Biggio - He's my favorite player along with Chipper Jones from the Braves. I was impressed by how much of a complete player he was when I really started getting into baseball back in '95. Second base is a position I've always liked, and to see someone play it with a finesse only seen from a Gold Glover, coupled with his multiple offensive contributions made me an instant fan. I finally had the pleasure of seeing him live when Clemens pitched against the Marlins in Dolphin Stadium this year. The one other time I went to see the Astros, back in the late '90s, Biggio had decided to end his streak of 480+ games played straight.

Greg Maddux - Sure, he's not the untouchable ace he was back with the Braves in the mid 90's, but he's still my favorite pitcher. I've never seen anyone with as much control as Maddux, and it's especially admirable when his velocity has never been something to talk about. The fact that he's a multiple Gold Glove winner only adds to his greatness. I realize I like players that can both hit and field well. Other than Edgar Martinez, I don't think much of the designated hitter or crappy left fielder than can't throw a ball despite his historic offensive stats.

Bob Abreu - Yes, Bob, not Bobby as he became known in the US. He was the star player for Los Leones del Caracas in Venezuela long before being picked by the Astros and becoming an all-star with the Phillies. Bob has all the tools to be a consistent 30-30 man, .300+ hitter and multiple Gold Glove award winner... he only needs to snap out of his homerun slump, even if he's hitting .340+ with runners in scoring position. Plus, he's a hometown hero. He's the symbol of how much Venezuelan baseball has improved over the years, compared to the older days where Galarraga was the sole offensive contributor and the rest were offensively-handicapped shortstops. Well, Bob and Johan Santana.

Football

Zinedine Zidane - As soon as he stepped into the scene, he became my favorite player. Now that he retired, I don't really have a favorite player in football... just many I like for playing their role accurately in a club.

NBA

Kobe Bryant - I love watching him play. Not since Jordan have I looked forward to seeing a single NBA star play.

Posted by XeroPercent

Zidande is a sissy.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting XeroPercent: Zidande is a sissy.

Uh, how so?

Zidane = that dude.

Posted by

Trent Dilfer the man just wins!!

Posted by XeroPercent

Quoting Kamek: Uh, how so?

Zidane = that dude.

Cheap-Shot Artist

[QUOTE=

Posted by Crazy K

I don't watch baseball so I'll just go with NBA and NFL

NBA - Richard Hamilton

I really don't watch much basketball, but I'm a fan on Detroit and since they are the only team I care for I had to choose RIP Hamilton. Anyways I don't have much to say.

NFL - Brett Favre

Well I grew up watching this old douche play football for the Packers. I never really cared to much for my state team (Detrot Lions). I really believe Farve has the strogest arm in NFL history, he tends to get the job done and usually gets close to the playoffs. Anywas I think Favre is pretty much done, his last season is coming up and I'm ready to watch and hope for a great season.

Posted by El Capitan

Basketball: Antwan Jamison, can't really explain why I like him, I watched him ever since he was at UNC and kept watching him since.

Football: Vince Young. Never seen anyone control a team and a game like he did in his college career, just hope it translates in the pros.