Vice City Stories boxart

Posted by Klarth

http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/59697/GTA%20Vice%20City%20Stories.jpg

I'm not sure if it's real or not, but it looks pretty too **** impressive to be fake.

Posted by Arcadios

This game will revive my PSP since I haven't held it in 3 months because the **** analog pad came off and it looks bad. :(
Anyone know where I can get an original just like the PSP one?

Posted by Klarth

Nope; no idea. If you've lost the original I'm pretty sure you can only buy a third-party one.

Posted by Stalolin

They shouldn't even bother with the Rating Pending on this one. But it looks incredibly similar to the PS2 Vice City cover art, which means it's good.

Posted by Roger Smith

Can't wait for San Andreas Stories to come out.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I know who your going to be in this one It's Colinal Cortez!

Posted by muffla

this game is goona b goodi dno about the box art tho it looks a little too detailed compaired to the others

Posted by brownoystercult

Yep. It's official.

Posted by Klarth

I was skeptical because the anti-aliasing on the white bits isn't too hot, but if this is real then yay!

Posted by Bebop

And they say the Mario series gets milked....

Personally I want to see Rockstar make something new. They whore GTA left right and centre. It would nice if they could put that energy into games that dont involve stealing cars and killing, or crappy ping pong games for that matter.

Posted by Klarth

Body Harvest 2, please? :(

Posted by Bebop

Even if that game did look like cancer, it certainly was enjoyable.

Spoiler
[spoiler]Adam appears in Super Smash Brothers Brawl[/spoiler]

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop: And they say the Mario series gets milked....

Personally I want to see Rockstar make something new. They whore GTA left right and centre. It would nice if they could put that energy into games that dont involve stealing cars and killing, or crappy ping pong games for that matter.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/709/709654p1.html

[COLOR="Yellow"]Bam! Rockstar's Table Tennis. You wanted something new, there you go.[/COLOR]:p:

Posted by Bebop

Have you read my entire post?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Never do.[/COLOR]:p:

Posted by Bebop

Someone with your low level of interest shouldn't be allowed access to something as potentially dangerous as the internet.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Uh, Bebop? The Warriors do anything for you?

GTA sells, and all have been entertaining.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Well Bebop, seeing as how there aren't too many (or any) ping pong games out there. I'd say that pretty much defeats you point of Rockstar not trying something new. It's not like this is the eleventh sequel of Rockstar's table ping pong, so it makes absolutely no sense for you to include it in that list you made of games they "whore" out.

Capiche?[/COLOR]

I think that's why he said 'or'.

He's still an asshat. I mean, Manhunt, Midnight Club? They've ever done a bad game.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]It's all in the same sentence so it still makes no sense though. It's like while he was writing it he forgot that the ping pong game had been made, so he decided to stick in there for no reason. He even wrote ping pong games in plural to try and make a point.

Whatever, i've always said there's nothing wrong with sequels as long as they're good.[/COLOR]

Posted by muffla

they HAVE made a bad game and that game was smugglers run

I stand corrected.

Posted by brownoystercult

smugglers run wasn't bad.

Posted by Klarth

Manhunt was.

Posted by Bebop

The Warriors, Manhunt, The Bully and all those games still focus on wandering around, beating people up and committing other crimes. No matter what decoration they give it, whether its a cult 8os movie or school, they still play practically the same. For me these games get old fast and what's more most of these concepts I don't think too much of the subject matter. Hip Hop makes me vomit and is a culture the latest GTA console game bathed in.

Oh wow! Ping Pong AND a racing game! I guess these rare exceptions make up for the whoring out of GTA. Midnight Club was very fun and, like when I heard about Ping Pong, I was delighted to hear Rockstar experimenting in a genre that isn't about stabbings to the head.

Just because there aren't many table tennis games around doesn't make Rockstar's game automatically *** like. I was happy when I heard they were taking a new direction in a new genre (and very suprised when I heard it was for table tennis, a sport which doesn't receive much video game lime light), but vastly disappointed when I played it. It was limited, basic and clearly a graphics over gameplay game. I will always be eager when I hear a games developer is taking a new step with a game, and will approach it fairly as I can. However the same can't be said for new games by developers following the same formula which I simply don't enjoy. Especially Vice City stories. If Rockstar make an RPG I'll try it out but when Rockstar make antoher "Grand Theft " game I will not be so happy when trying it out. GTA gets boring quickly I find so I don't invest in it. Get over it.

As far as it selling I know it sells. I don't find it all that entertaining. And for future don't try to pass off sales as quality. You know as well as I do it's not a solid argument. how many sales does Kanye West have?

And I wasn't including Table Tennis in series they whore out. It just came to my mind when I was writing the sentence about crappy games Rockstar put too much effort in when they could be doing that for other titles. The 's' was a typo.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Bebop]Hip Hop makes me vomit and is a culture the latest GTA console game bathed in.
Once you get out of Los Santos, the hip-hop fades quite a lot, and when you're in Las Venturas the culture is pretty close to that of GTA3. I agree though; the entire "yo holmez lets beat this ho ***** yea *****" theme was really depressing.

[quote]how many sales does Kanye West have?
Too many. I read that as "slaves", though, so you got a laugh out of me.

Posted by Bebop

The main problem I found with San Andreas is that no matter where you go, no matter how far to go out to see, you're still and annoying black retarded 'gangsta'.

Posted by Klarth

Get the PC or Xbox version and mod them out of the game :cookie:

Racist.

Seriously, it didn't bother me. Yeah, you had all the black language and whatever, but the game was set in that culture. Suck it up and play the game. This is the same argument that people use against Warrior Within because it's 'too 'dark' for no reason' and it bugs the hell out of me.

San Andreas is, to my mind, the strongest of the series. You have emotional ties in the storyline instead of just generic mobster/thug, and there's just much more to do. GTA, on the whole, is just downright enjoyable. So what if there are eight of them now? I enjoy playing them.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Can i just say that overall the feature that makes San Andreas and all the GTA games great is the gameplay. I have no problem with bashing a game that focuses on violence and pop culture more than having stellar gameplay. But that is clearly not the case with GTA. The gore and violence is all there, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. What truly makes the series great is the "go wherever you want/do whatever you want" style of gameplay that was done in previously games but not perfected until GTA3 was released.

Torturing GTA because of the violence while ignoring the true gameplay value is simply ridiculous. And that's the stand that people who don't truly play games take, like many of the senators and policy makers who want violent games erased off the face of the planet.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: Racist.

Seriously, it didn't bother me. Yeah, you had all the black language and whatever, but the game was set in that culture. Suck it up and play the game. This is the same argument that people use against Warrior Within because it's 'too 'dark' for no reason' and it bugs the hell out of me.

San Andreas is, to my mind, the strongest of the series. You have emotional ties in the storyline instead of just generic mobster/thug, and there's just much more to do. GTA, on the whole, is just downright enjoyable. So what if there are eight of them now? I enjoy playing them.

How is not liking a character racist? Does hating Dante make me anti-white? How is hating a social group culture racist? Is emo racist? STFU

Arguable San Andreas is the best in the series. But then again the proper newest edtion always is becuase they increase the map size, vehicle number, weapons etc The problem with this is thats its minor additons to the game rather than a change or alteration of gameplay. Home Alone is awesome but by number 8 you would of gotten tired, especially if it follows the Rockstar route of "more burglers and traps".

[quote=Aioros]Can i just say that overall the feature that makes San Andreas and all the GTA games great is the gameplay. I have no problem with bashing a game that focuses on violence and pop culture more than having stellar gameplay. But that is clearly not the case with GTA. The gore and violence is all there, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. What truly makes the series great is the "go wherever you want/do whatever you want" style of gameplay that was done in previously games but not perfected until GTA3 was released.

For me that "go wherever" style wears thin after a while when the actual objectives of the game, and the way people enjoy it, is always the same. The map may be wonderfully created and the design of cars realistic but when it boils down to it you're still going to be running people over, shooting blokes and stabbing grannies. No matter what presenation GTA is given and no matter how big the area is the gameplay is always going to be identical and the problem with this gameplay is that it gets boring quickly. That's why I don't like it. Admitidly the idea of stealing cars,shooting people and running over pedestrians was hilarious and great fun at the start (even made better by the flip from 2-D to 3-D) but it's not worth my money for the 8th time running especially when all they are doing is changing it to "stealing planes, beating people with dildos and joyriding tanks" which really isn't that different.

[quote]Torturing GTA because of the violence while ignoring the true gameplay value is simply ridiculous. And that's the stand that people who don't truly play games take, like many of the senators and policy makers who want violent games erased off the face of the planet.

I'm not bothered about the violence. But then again just because something bleeds doesn't mean I'm going to pay for it. I'm purely discussing the issues with gameplay.

Posted by Axis

Am I the only who liked Table Tennis?

Posted by Bebop

Apparantly not. Somehow it got great reviews and sold pretty well from what I understand.

racist: lol joke.

I already explained the reasons that SA is the the best, and it's not those that you described. While SA does have a lrger map and more weapons, it's not only that, and it's the rest that makes the game.

It's also commonly thrown around that GTA is good because it's a sandbox game. This isn't true - it's because it gives the impression of freedom. You still have to do most of the missions, but you can do them in any order you like.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Klarth: Manhunt was.

Manhunt was really hard. I was expecting something like state of emergency, anf got something that was like whoah difficult.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Bebop: And they say the Mario series gets milked....

http://www.rockstargames.com/bully

How's this?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: racist: lol joke.

I already explained the reasons that SA is the the best, and it's not those that you described. While SA does have a lrger map and more weapons, it's not only that, and it's the rest that makes the game.

It's also commonly thrown around that GTA is good because it's a sandbox game. This isn't true - it's because it gives the impression of freedom. You still have to do most of the missions, but you can do them in any order you like.

Freedom is nice in a game and it's a good thing GTA has alot of it. But the problem still remains that your 'freedom' includes tasks that are identical or similar to other ones found in every game that personally I didn't enjoy that much anyway. I did enjoy those taxi and ambulance missions and the races were quite cool. but sadly not even a few minigames can save a game when the overall objective is really lacking.

Well that's you, I guess. Personally I find my attentions lie the other way around - I prefer the missions but the races etc. don't grab me. To me the only reason to do them is to boost your stats for the main game.