DS Lite screen stress test

Posted by Klarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNNNwK2XMzk

****ing impressive. Despite the PSP's screen being behind thicker plastic, the Lite's screen manages to be totally impervious to pressure. ...Sweet. I don't have to be anywhere near as namby-pamby careful as I have been.

Posted by Arcadios

It hurt me to see that. :(
I'm really surpirsed, nice job Nintendo! :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty impressive. Though almost not that surprising. Nintendo's known to build tanks.

Posted by Klarth

Didn't a load of guys drive over a Gamecube and not even crack it?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Impressive, but not really representative of real life stress. Most get cracked or damaged by pressure on a point, and that was pretty flat, even pressure. He did put the stylus on it, but it didnt look like he pressed as hard, and I 2would assume that it was designed to be easy on the screen anyway.

Still, like I said, impressive.

Posted by Arcadios

I have this test that was made by some of hispanic people.
They wrecked these shits but the Gamecube came on top.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRJtqPRZhQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendid%3D21182078%26MyToken%3Db187b155%2D4716%2D449f%2D88ba

Posted by WackoHater2

Pretty cool. I am thinking about buying a Nindendo DS Lite sooner or later.. but only for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Is it worth it, or should I just buy Diamond and Pearl and play them on my sister's DS?

Posted by Ant

I LIKED HOW THEY USED ONE AT A GAME STORE TO TEST IT!!!!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

"Well next time I accidently press my thumbs with all my might onto the screen, I'll thank you for giving me hope that it'll turn out fine."
-Best comment on that page.

This is the reason I love Nintendo. Sturdy, Solid, Hours of Fun. :)

Posted by Bebop

Impressive and reassuring.

Posted by chaser3592

Quoting Sapphire Rose: "Well next time I accidently press my thumbs with all my might onto the screen, I'll thank you for giving me hope that it'll turn out fine."
-Best comment on that page.

This is the reason I love Nintendo. Sturdy, Solid, Hours of Fun. :)

yes i'm very sure mr.n is having fun with you too

Posted by GameMiestro

It would have been hilarious if his fingers went right through the screen.

Posted by Colonel

I love the way Nintendo builds their items, but for some reason i wishes that the screens smashed all over his fingers. That'll show 'em!

Posted by NeXidala

Wow, notice how even after ALL of that, the screen didn't have any signs of being messed up. I'd like to see a PSP screen test, though it's hurt me to see it, lol.

Posted by Klarth

I accidentally rested my elbow on my PSP once and the same LCD deforming occured. It took over half an hour for the screen to return to normal; I was horrified that I'd permanently damaged it.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Ant: I LIKED HOW THEY USED ONE AT A GAME STORE TO TEST IT!!!!

But of course. Why risk your own property?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It's just an example of gradual stress. If he'd forced it over his knee, it would have snapped. Like a fishing line is much easier to break with a sharp tug than a gradual pulling, which you're more likely to cut your fingers off with.

Same with GameCubes. You grab it by the handle and whip it onto the floor and see how sturdy it is then.

Posted by Apathetic

I dont think there is any difference but the regular ds is the same right? Nice tests anyhow.