Netflix

Posted by WackoHater2

Is anyone a member of Netflix? Do you think the prices are fair and all. I think so. I get four movies at a time for $23.99 and month. This month I've already gotten 10 movies. That would be like $80 at BlockBuster. I guess it depends on how often you use it to wether its good pricing. Oh, and should this be in the movies section? I wasnt sure.

Posted by FIST OF FURY

hollywood videos is pretty cheap

Posted by Raptor

My ass still fits through the front door, so I still physically go out and rent my videos. I suppose that's because I'm not a lazy **** who wants everything delivered to him.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well if you feel like spending 80 bucks at Blockbuster Raptor, please be my guest.

Posted by Raptor

I apologise for somehow being under the impression that Blockbuster wasn't the only place in my local area to rent videos.

And I spend maybe $10-20 on rented videos per month, tops. There are a few rental places I know of that don't charge as much as Blockbuster does.

Posted by Roger Smith

[quote=Rapty]I apologise for somehow being under the impression that Blockbuster wasn't the only place in my local area to rent videos.
Well played sir.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The way I see it is: independant video stores > Netflix> Cockbuster

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Roger Smith]Well if you feel like spending 80 bucks at Blockbuster Raptor, please be my guest.
Uh no. There was a very sweet deal for Blockbuster recently where you could get pretty much all of the movies you wanted ... well, two a day, for about 30 dollars for that particular month. Wasn't too bad. Its even cheaper at the local rentals.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Raptor: My ass still fits through the front door, so I still physically go out and rent my videos. I suppose that's because I'm not a lazy **** who wants everything delivered to him.

Perhaps not everyone on the earth is as close to a video rental outlet as you are, sir.

Posted by WackoHater2

Nearest Blockbuster here is like a 20 minute drive. There are other independant video rental stores.. but I'm not welcome there anymore because of my mom's laziness and my lack of being able to drive. I would rent a movie (for example when I rented Holes) and the video store wouldnt get it back for 7 months.

Edit: As for what Raptor said. I can still fit through the door. I am a big guy.. but I am trying to lose weight. Its not the easiest thing to do.

Posted by mis0

JSUT DOWNLOAF DA MOVEIS W/ TORINTS!!1

Meh, Hollywood is pretty cheap if you're on their MVP prgram or whatever they call it. I think it's about $15/mo or something, and you can take 3 movies at a time for "free."

Posted by XeroPercent

Netflix is great, who wants to waste time going to the video store? I got better **** to do... besides, they got a way better selection then any video store. Try to find a movie in your local video store that they don't have on Netfix...

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Raptor: My ass still fits through the front door, so I still physically go out and rent my videos. I suppose that's because I'm not a lazy **** who wants everything delivered to him.

Its not just about the convenience. Half of the movies I've rented from Netflix I would never be able to find at a rental chain type of place. Places like Blockbuster are only good if you're just interested in seeing the latest new releases.

Posted by Axis

Quoting NES Queen: Its not just about the convenience. Half of the movies I've rented from Netflix I would never be able to find at a rental chain type of place. Places like Blockbuster are only good if you're just interested in seeing the latest new releases.

Couldn't agree more. The Blockbusters here in my town have really crappy selections. All the good movies are always taken, since we have Netflix, I'm able to rent any movie and they always seem to be in stock.

Posted by WackoHater2

Thats a really good point Axis. They never have any of the wrestling or DBZ movies I want at BlockBuster. I still go there to buy movies. They have good deals. I got The 40 Year Old Virgin and Guess Who for $20. Thats not too bad.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=NES Queen]Its not just about the convenience. Half of the movies I've rented from Netflix I would never be able to find at a rental chain type of place. Places like Blockbuster are only good if you're just interested in seeing the latest new releases.

That's one reason why I would love to get Netflix. I have a local video store not to far away from where I live (pretty much walking distance), and they do have a wide selection of movies, mostly new releases. I rented some great independent films from the store like, Mean Creek, The Return and a few others.

But I been far more interested in foreign films and such and my local rental store does not have them. Netflix is a possible choice.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Crazy K: That's one reason why I would love to get Netflix. I have a local video store not to far away from where I live (pretty much walking distance), and they do have a wide selection of movies, mostly new releases. I rented some great independent films from the store like, Mean Creek, The Return and a few others.

But I been far more interested in foreign films and such and my local rental store does not have them. Netflix is a possible choice.

Go for it man. I am sure they will have all the movies you want, and if you use it wisely, the prices arent bad.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Booyaka619]Go for it man. I am sure they will have all the movies you want, and if you use it wisely, the prices arent bad.

I would, but a job is needed to do so.

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah. I'd like to get a job. My mom wont let me. She has anxiety attacks when I am gone from the house too long. I am working around the house for $20 a month so I can afford it.

Posted by XeroPercent

$20 a month? Dude, that slave labor!
You should strike. :D

Posted by WackoHater2

Lmao. I dont do much. Usually just clean and take out the trash and recycle stuff. All I need is $20. Its not bad.

Posted by JonMB

I get Netflix and love it.

I'm currently on the $9.99/month plan because I don't watch much stuff.

I get a movie in, copy it, and send it out the very next day to get another ASAP. :)

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting JonMB: I get Netflix and love it.

I'm currently on the $9.99/month plan because I don't watch much stuff.

I get a movie in, copy it, and send it out the very next day to get another ASAP. :)

Nice. How do you copy it?

Posted by JonMB

I have my DVD burner (hardware), DVD Shrink (software), and AnyDVD (software).

http://www.dvdshrink.info

It's easy.

Posted by WackoHater2

Thanks. I gotta get a DVD burner first. Do they cost much?

Posted by JonMB

You can get a nice Sony internal DVD writer for like $50 brand new. I see this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A5TBM8/sr=8-1/qid=1154446531/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6979406-4049668?ie=UTF8

I used to have one of those. Now I use the one that came with my Dell laptop, whatever it is.

Then you'll also need blank DVDs. They cost like $25 for 50 of them. 50 cents each.

Posted by WackoHater2

Alright, thats not bad. I'll need to start saving.. or get a job. Either way. I just got Hackers and Three Extremes in the mail. They both look good.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting XeroPercent: Netflix is great, who wants to waste time going to the video store? I got better **** to do... besides, they got a way better selection then any video store. Try to find a movie in your local video store that they don't have on Netfix...

i found a copy of song of the south in my local vvideo store the other day, dont think thats on netfix

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting bazariah: i found a copy of song of the south in my local vvideo store the other day, dont think thats on netfix

[url=http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60010917&trkid=189530&strkid=2098887962_0_0]Song of the South[/url]

Posted by bazariah

you should see if you can obtain it... they have it listed allthough with no image... so i reckon they wont actually have an available to rent/buy copy of it

i was allways under the impression that it never got released in the states on vhs and never will on dvd due to the dubious subject matter

it got released on vhs years ago over here in england and i was lucky enough to obtain it in full knowledge they'd never do a re-print :D

Posted by Dexter

I just recently started to use Netflix. I don't use it because I am too lazy to go to the video store. I actually enjoy going to the video store and I go through town daily. The truth is, however, that they don't carry many of the films I've been wanting to see. Many foreign or anime films are difficult to find at my local video stores. I'm finally getting around to watching all these films I've always wanted to watch but have never been able to.

Thanks to NES Queen for getting me into it.

Posted by WackoHater2

If you like foreign films, and you dont mind being completely grossed out, get Three Extremes. Its an awesome movie.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Dexter]I just recently started to use Netflix. I don't use it because I am too lazy to go to the video store. I actually enjoy going to the video store and I go through town daily. The truth is, however, that they don't carry many of the films I've been wanting to see. Many foreign or anime films are difficult to find at my local video stores. I'm finally getting around to watching all these films I've always wanted to watch but have never been able to.

That's one reason I want to get Netflix. But I have to get some sort of job that I can pay for it myself. Anyways I plan on getting Netflix in hopefully a year from now.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Panic: If you like foreign films, and you dont mind being completely grossed out, get Three Extremes. Its an awesome movie.

That film is actually on my list. I had to push it back because I was starting to get grossed out with all these grotesque torture films I've been seeing lately, such as Ichi the Killer and Audition. It's not that I dislike such films, it's just that I can only take so much at once. I look forward to Three Extremes. I'll probably see it within the next week. I'm sure it'll be a great film. NES Queen actually suggested it to me, along with Audition, and I enjoy her taste quite a lot.

Any other suggestions? If anyone does have Netflix, add me to your buddy list. I enjoy looking through NES Queen's list of films. :cool:

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Dexter: Any other suggestions? If anyone does have Netflix, add me to your buddy list. I enjoy looking through NES Queen's list of films. :cool:

Have you seen "He loves me, He loves me not" yet? That's another good one with Audrey Tautou. Visitor Q is another one to add to your list of greusome horror films when your in the mood for that.

Posted by Dexter

Added both. "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not" looks like a fun film. I placed it as my 2nd priority, right after "Kiki's Delivery Service." :)

Posted by WackoHater2

I dont really like grotesque foreign films. I had no idea Three Extremes was in Chinese before I got it. It turned out to be good though. I am more into comedy films.

Also, whats up with that Inuyasha picture? I see it everywhere on VGC anymore.