Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Posted by WackoHater2

Anyone gonna see this movie? I find a lot of these dumb movies hilarious, and its by the same people that made The 40 Year Old Virgin and Anchorman. Anyway, your thoughts on the movie?

Posted by FIST OF FURY

looks cool

Posted by Corrupt

I know, I don't care how stupid the movie looks. It has Will Ferrell, and it looks like it'll be hilarious. To me, Will Ferrell just has that certain touch where he can inject humor into a film or scene no matter how stupid it is, simply by being in it. Even if it's by acting stupid! I'll be seeing it soon, no doubt about it.

"My two kids, Walker and Texas Ranger." :bonk:

Posted by Crazy K

Eh, I think its going to be a mediocre Will Ferrel film, but I still will probably end up enjoying it.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I can't wait for it to come out. The first time I saw the ad, I laughed my *** off.

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah, I did too Jordo. It looks great.

Posted by NeXidala

I plan to see it, just not anytime soon. I'll probably end up waiting until it comes out in Blockbuster, or something of the sort.

Posted by Poco

Not a family movie, at all whatsoever.

Posted by Dexter

I enjoyed Anchorman more. The Applebee's commercial was amusing.

Posted by Corrupt

It's funny, because my friend and I had planned on going next door to Applebee's after the movie was finished. This was before the movie had even started, by the way. But yes, I enjoyed it, though not quite as much as my buddy Joe who was laughing hysterically throughout the entire film. I practically saved his life when he almost choked to death on a Milk Dud, too! [/exaggeration]

"If you don't chew Big Red, then **** YOU"

Posted by Apathetic

Awesome movie, and woo they mentioned walmart lol. I liked anchorman better but this was still entertaining.

Posted by Breakman

i dunno, i saw this this past weekenda nd it seemed really weak to me.

the humor is similar to lots of other recent comedies, like the ones mentioned in this thread a thousand times made by the same guys or w/e, but just a lot weaker and more watered down for the most part. some parts are really great, like the cougar part and various parts with his kids, but overall a lot of the humor just seemed so dang weak and too much EXPECTED stuff happened. plus a huge lack of wit, which makes sense almost with this kind of movie, but meh.

the end was pretty neat though lol, and the outtakes right after the end of the movie if you stay awhile are really funny.

Posted by Nightscare

it was funny as hell. *this message has been approved by little baby jesus, walker, and texas ranger*

Posted by Raptor

It wasn't bad. It got a few chuckles out of me here and there. I wasn't a huge fan of Anchorman, either, and I didn't find this one to even be as good. The funniest part was Michael Clarke Duncan trying to sing in one of the outtakes. It probably wasn't worth the money to see it in the theatre. The last film I saw there, Clerks 2, was assloads better. 6/10

Posted by boomstick

It was just another good example of stupid wacky humor, it's bubblegum for your mind, if you're not a fan of such humor then stray away, but otherwise very good to those who do enjoy it.

Posted by NeXidala

Bleh, now that I have read all that, I proabably won't end up watching it. I much rather enjoy the humour of 'Fun with Dick and Jane', so to speak.

Posted by Raptor

I much more enjoy the humour of Fargo, so I guess this isn't my ideal comedy.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I went to go see it a week after it came out. Just never posted. It is a funny-as-hell movie. The ending threw me off though.