DS or IPOD?

Posted by The Judge

I play games on the go a lot, but I also listen to a fair amount of music constantly. Carrying the CD's gets annoying, along with the huge CD player, which doesn't fit into my pockets very nicely. However, I do also really want a DS, for some of the games coming out (like Castlevania).

I've only got the money for one. Which should I get?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

iPod/MP3 player. If you listen to a lot of music, an MP3 player is a given.

Posted by The Judge

iPOD or MP3?

I have an iPod and like it just fine. I'm sure someone will gladly come in here and say to get something else, but I'd recommend one.

Posted by The Judge

K, so now I'm in favor of an iPod vs. a DS

Posted by Random

Depends on how many songs you need for the iPod/MP3 player. I work at RadioShack and we sell both iPods and MP3 players. While the iPods can go 30 to 60 GB, the MP3 players we have in stock only go to 4 GB. Which 4GB will give you 1,000 songs. iPod is really only a name brand.

Whatever you do.. Don't waste your time on an iPod shuffle. If you get an iPod get the Video or at least the Nano.

I myself would prefer an iPod over DS. I listen to music a lot, you can dock your iPod in the car and transmit it through your radio. Where a DS wouldn't do me much of any good. I'm not much for handheld game systems.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

DS = ***ly
iPOD = ***ly

Tough choice. Go iPod for videos and music. Save up for a DS afterwards.

Quoted post: Depends on how many songs you need for the iPod/MP3 player. I work at RadioShack and we sell both iPods and MP3 players. While the iPods can go 30 to 60 GB, the MP3 players we have in stock only go to 4 GB. Which 4GB will give you 1,000 songs. iPod is really only a name brand.

How is that relevant? Most MP3 players have just as much space as an iPod.

Posted by Ant

...ds. THAT WAY WE CAN BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro: How is that relevant? Most MP3 players have just as much space as an iPod.

There aren't any stores in this area that sell MP3 players that can hold as many or more songs than the higher spaced iPods. We have MP3 players that hold as much as iPod nano's but not the 30/60 GB iPods. We have higher sized MP3 players on the website but there isn't a store within a 50 miles radius that sells MP3 players as large as 30 or 60. However I did see a 20...

Oh, places like Best Buy and Futureshop around me sell Zens and iRivers that rival the new iPods.

Posted by Random

Though we have places like Bestbuy near us, the largest MP3 player I saw in Best Buy was 20GB. Although i'm told we're getting MP3 players larger than 20GB soon, we don't have them yet. I guess it varies on who has it.

If you can get a large sized MP3 player by all means go for it. Chances are you'll save a bundle compared to the iPod.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Chances are that you do NOT have 30-60 gigs of music, and hence have no need of an iPod. That being said, if you get the iPod video, you can load it with 4chan pictures, and whenever anyone says something that warrants a meme, just whip out your ipod and BAM, instant meme.

I'd go for a random mp2 player of about 3-4 gigs. That would fit all of my music with room for expansions, without incurring the idiotic LOLHUEG ipod price or the need to use such a faggot ridden bit fo software like itunes.

Seriously, **** paying for music, and **** any program that supports the theory that you should have to.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, DS would be a wise purchase.

or better yet...THE PSP YEAAAAAAHEEEHEHEHEHAHHHHHH!

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dont know, man. Does it have battles set in realisitic anceint Japan?

Actually, I'm considering a psp.:(

Posted by Ant

You are a fool. Unless you are getting it to mod the **** out of. That would be accecptable.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I would haxx0r it for oldschool games, as well as using it as an mp3 player. I'm also thinking about picking up a DS too, but thats much farther off. Current list of trivial priorities goes:

huegbox 360
psp
new computer
ds

Posted by Ant

I don't even have a list...well, kinda.

-Disgaea 2
-Wii and then Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda for Wii.

I'd like to get an Ipod or something akin to that. But eh, gaming4lyfe>muzix4lyfe for me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

for me, the mp3 would most likely end up replacing the ****ty tape deck in my truck. Like, get one of those things thats a weird casette tape that pulgs into the headphone slot and lets you play **** into a casette deck.

Forgot about the wii. I'll probably pick that up as soon as its out. The 360 will get purchased most likely the second friday after the day after thanksgiving, the wii will be reserved and paid off in full as soon as its presaled, and the new computer and the rest all all slated for '07.

Quoted post: Chances are that you do NOT have 30-60 gigs of music, and hence have no need of an iPod.

I have 100 gigs :cool2: if anything, I need a BIGGAR iPod. Because, lawd knows I need to carry around that much music. I just... I just have to.

Quoted post: Forgot about the wii. I'll probably pick that up as soon as its out.

We're playing some online smash, nigra.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, I knew you did, but think about how common that is. Most people dont have much more than a few gigs.

Oh, and I look forward to litterally falcan panching you.

Posted by brownoystercult

ipod no doubt. you won't regret it. i asssssssssure you.

..and just wait until the super ds liter micro pocket comes out.

edit: i agree with vamp

Quoted post: Yeah, I knew you did, but think about how common that is. Most people dont have much more than a few gigs.

True. But it's nice to know you'll always have enough room in case you do get more music. I thought a 30 gig would do me just more, turns out I was way off. Plus, Nano's are ****ing expensive for what you're buying. It's like, what, 200 bucks? A 30 gig video costs around a hundred more. The smaller the hard drive, usually, the bigger the rip-off.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You also have to factor in that the only time I need music is when I'm driving, and with a 5.2 liter LOL HUEG engine, I dont drive far.

Posted by sniper

How many games would you buy?

Posted by Eggroll

Heh, and he can always borrow mine!

Posted by Eggroll

LOL WRONG NAME!

Posted by sniper

holy **** that is a horrible text color

Posted by Lord of Spam

Buy games? For a psp? Oh, how I lol.

Quoted post: You also have to factor in that the only time I need music is when I'm driving, and with a 5.2 liter LOL HUEG engine, I dont drive far.

Good thing we're not talking about you, *******.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Eggroll]LOL WRONG NAME!

time paradox, ant is his girlfriend

Posted by Slade

...ehhhhhh?

I'm personally saving up for a DS, but then again I already have an iPod. I have the first generation mini(*gasp*), so I don't carry around that much music. I usually swap out the music on it every time I go on a trip. So get a pretty good sized iPod for +5 to laziness.

Side-topic: Anyone who buys games for the PSP is retarded. Just get yourself a massive shtick and looooaaad it up! Plus, hardly any stores have decent PSP collections. All I ever see as trade-ins are millions of copies of Twisted Metal.

Posted by FIST OF FURY

IPOD of course!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Vampiro: We're playing some online smash, nigra.

We meaning having a VGC tournament. The day it comes out.

Quoted post: We meaning having a VGC tournament. The day it comes out.

That too. Mainly LoS though, since I know how much he hates Smash and 2D fighters. But yeah, VGC tourneys will be had a plenty. It will rock.

Quoted post: I have the first generation mini(*gasp*), so I don't carry around that much music. I usually swap out the music on it every time I go on a trip. So get a pretty good sized iPod for +5 to laziness.

That's what I had at first. It was a pain in the *** once my music collection started to grow. Now it's a pain in the *** again. COME ON 100 GIG MP3 PLAYERS

Posted by mis0

STEAL BOTH.

Actually, just go with the iPod. Last year when I was really broke (no money at all) I chose to save the iPod over the DS (which I sold) because the level of continuous enjoyment is so high with it. It's hard to get bored with music, something that stirs our primal core. Video games, however, can be a passing interest once they're beaten, etc, and to continually purchase more is quite an expensive undertaking.

iPod/mp3 player ftw.

Posted by Poison

iPod

It

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, the fact that everyone has one makes it harder to trace, since it could have come from anywhere. But if you have some random mp3 player brand, and someone steals it, you can be like BAM, thats mine, give it back ******.

[quote=vampiro]
Good thing we're not talking about you, *******.

**** that ****, we should be.

Posted by Shade

Definately the iPod. You can always borrow Ant's DS... if he lets you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

or just beat him up, take it, and then sell it to buy an ipod. Then, not only will he nto have a DS, but you can just put on your ipod headphones when he starts to ***** about it and be like I"M SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU OVER MY SWEET, BEAUTIFUL MUSIC, YOU BIG FAT BABY.

Posted by Klarth

I vote PSP with a 4GB memory card. Media + games = Compromise!

Who wants a portable media device that makes for a ****ty portable?

Posted by Klarth

Fits in MY pocket fine.

I'm sure it does, I'm jut ragging on it for no reason. And because I don't own one.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I still say the "stealing ants ds" thing would be the funniest outcome.

/r/ pix of the inevitable fight

Posted by The Judge

What fight? I'd pop him with a needle.

Posted by Poison

Quoting Lord of Spam: Actually, the fact that everyone has one makes it harder to trace, since it could have come from anywhere. But if you have some random mp3 player brand, and someone steals it, you can be like BAM, thats mine, give it back ******.

I had mine engraved, but if I said,

/r/ pix of derick popping ant with a needle

Posted by Ant

I think I get it...fat joke? Eh.

No, balloon joke, idiot. You can't pop fat people.

Posted by Ant

You're in for a big surprise...and mess.

I'll test it out tomorrow.

Posted by Lord of Spam

fukken hot. I came.

This is now my new sexual fetish. I will call myself a poppie.