Is Kingdom Hearts Emo???

Posted by Arcadios

Thoughts?

Posted by Alastor

Most of the fans seem to be. :cookie:

Posted by Klarth

USE THE BEYBLADES OF LOVE AND THE POWER OF HEART IN THE SHADOW OF SERPEHIROTH IN THE ARENA OF DEATH AND HEART POWER BEYOND THE WORLD THAT NEVER IS AND ALWAYS IS BUT ISN'T AND NEVER WILL BE

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Emo is a term used to describe a particular style of dress and attitude, mainly affliated with those who listen to that style of music. Emo can't describe a video game or something like an apple, an apple can't be Emo because A) an apply can't listen to Emo music and B) an apple can't cut itself or C) dress...at all.

If you're asking of Kingdom Hearts was emotional. Than use, it was.

Posted by Arcadios

Posted by Xenos

I love conforming.

But on the note of the topic, yes. Truthfully, there were some times where I muted the game.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Emo is a term used to describe a particular style of dress and attitude, mainly affliated with those who listen to that style of music. Emo can't describe a video game or something like an apple, an apple can't be Emo because A) an apply can't listen to Emo music and B) an apple can't cut itself or C) dress...at all.

If you're asking of Kingdom Hearts was emotional. Than use, it was.

HANG ON I GOTTA GO TO HOT TOPIC, THIS PREPACKAGED ANGST IS PAST ITS SELL-BY-DATE

Posted by Arcadios

I found some thing funny.
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/16811p4.html

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: I found some thing funny.
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/16811p4.html

Yeah, that's hilarious. Especially if you're one of the three-year-olds who wrote it. Conforming to hate something is fun, isn't it Mr. Nintendo?

Posted by Arcadios

Actually I never said I hated anything and the only forum site I go to is VGC.

The thing I find funny about it is the way a fan boy and anti-fan boy discuss how good/gay KH is and how PS3 sucks/rocks.

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: Actually I never said I hated anything and the only forum site I go to is VGC.

The thing I find funny about it is the way a fan boy and anti-fan boy discuss how good/gay KH is and how PS3 sucks/rocks.

When did I say you were one of them? Apparantly you don't know how to use "you" as a plural rather than a singular pronoun.

Posted by Arcadios

My bad, usually you go against me on some subject and I automatically assumed you singled me out.
I didn't expect it to be a friendly or neutral response towards me.

Now I predict that most of the Kingdom Hearts community will question my liking of Kingdom Hearts but that fact is I still like the sries, just to make it clear.

Posted by Iris

...how many RPGs aren't, in some sort of way? No seriously, KH2 isn't emo, the fanbase is.

Posted by Ant

-thinks of rpgs that aren't emo- Earthbound.

And yes, the KH series does have some emo moments. But for the most part the story is of Sora saying "don't give up we can do it etc". It is a disney affilated game.

Posted by Arcadios

That's why most people think it is because the fans go to far into liking it like making a name in "tribute" to it or something.

Edit*
Ninja'd :(

Posted by Klarth

Every FF game up to and including V had no character angst. It was all a case of ATTACK THE EVIL VILLAIN AND SAVE THE WORLD, and suddenly VI (whilst still being a good game) centred around Terra "wanting to feel love" or whateverthehell. Then VII and VIII (from what I hear of the latter) became the angsty emo epitome of the series.

Kingdom Hearts as far as I can see is simply a case of "hiii i luv u sora im mickey mouse lol use your heart and the power of love to defeat the dark evil forces".

Posted by The Judge

Fans may be, but the game itself isn't. Games are incapable of feelings.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Klarth: Every FF game up to and including V had no character angst. It was all a case of ATTACK THE EVIL VILLAIN AND SAVE THE WORLD, and suddenly VI (whilst still being a good game) centred around Terra "wanting to feel love" or whateverthehell. Then VII and VIII (from what I hear of the latter) became the angsty emo epitome of the series.

Wtf? IV was about Cecil the dark knight turning into a paladin had what would now be considered "emo"ness going on. It didn't have to do with love. But he had to overcome the dark feelings he had within him and then confront them before he could become a paladin.

And let us not forget about that sassy bard Edward!

Posted by Alastor

If the bitter rivalry between White and Black Mages isn't angsty, I don't want to know what is.

Posted by chaser3592

Quoting Sean the Wicked: an apple can't cut itself

not all emo's cut themselves you sorry sack of bull **** that is a common misconseption

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Ant: Wtf? IV was about Cecil the dark knight turning into a paladin had what would now be considered "emo"ness going on. It didn't have to do with love. But he had to overcome the dark feelings he had within him and then confront them before he could become a paladin.

And let us not forget about that sassy bard Edward!

It was so ****ing minor compared to what you get in today's rpgs, though. Seriously, it was a case of ten minutes spent on Cecil making the transition from good to evil, then suddenly back to WHOA HEY LET'S GET GOLBEZ then a minute-and-a-half warm reunion then it's all like YEAH LET'S KILL ZEMUS! FFIV really didn't focus on the characters at all; their personalities were there for decoration.

Angst can be good though! Xenogears and Valkyrie Profile come to mind.

Posted by Roxas23857

Maybe Kingdom Hearts is Emo...I never thought of it that way...

Posted by Poco

Quoting Klarth: HANG ON I GOTTA GO TO HOT TOPIC, THIS PREPACKAGED ANGST IS PAST ITS SELL-BY-DATE

I bought a strapping young lad shirt there for 8 dollars. I still feel guilty.

KH is not emo.

Posted by Prince Redon

No matter, emo or not KH is a good game with a nice story line. Emo or not, I still think it's good.

Forgive me folks, but why the **** does it matter weather it is emo or not? As long as you can enjoy the game, what does it matter? I do admit it may have parts that are a bit emo, but overall I don't thing it is emo.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Prince Redon: No matter, emo or not KH is a good game with a nice story line. Emo or not, I still think it's good.

Forgive me folks, but why the **** does it matter weather it is emo or not? As long as you can enjoy the game, what does it matter? I do admit it may have parts that are a bit emo, but overall I don't thing it is emo.

You can still enjoy it; no one ever said you couldn't. It's just a simple question. Don't get so worked up.