Intense heat wave ...

Posted by Xenos

So it was 112 degrees yesterday in the hot and humid Californian valleys - PG&E felt that it was the right moment to have a blackout. From 4PM to 2 AM. I thought I was going to ****ing die. My father got ill from the intolerable temperature; in the end, I just slept on the kitchen tiles where it was cooler until the electricity came back.

I can only pray, despite I have no religion, for NY and hope its not so hot over there for those who are caught in the blackout there. :(

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

There's a blackout in NY? *researches*

Posted by Arcadios

It was hot last week and it was an inferno outside.
I took a step out to throw away the garbage and I already broken a sweat.
But now it's just all rain so far and haven't come outta my house in 2 days.
I'm gonna get out around thursday wehn my friend come back from his trip to go job hunting with him.

Nope, no blackout so far.
O and ya I'm from New York, Long Island.

Posted by Axis

It's been over 100 here for the past week. Thank *** I have a pool.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Wings]There's a blackout in NY? *researches*
It was in Queens. It lasted for four days, I believe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/21/nyregion/21cnd-power.html?ex=1311134400&en=274d763843544531&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Okay, five.

Posted by Boner

Chicago isn't so bad right now. It's noon and it's only about 80 at the moment. I grew up in Texas, so to me this is bliss. However, last week here sucked total @ss. The high was only at above 90 or so. But, it was super humid. When it wasn't raining, the sky was just blocked with thick rain clouds. It made work conditions very unpleasant. Our power even went out durring a rain storm. Lucky for me it was at night. Though, it made sleeping conditions horrible. I feel sorry for those stuck in the massive heat waves w/o AC right now.

Posted by Klarth

I remember that huge one Chicago had in 95 (or was it 96?). That was ****ing unbearable.

Posted by junior senior

ok for the past week it's been so hot but thankfully I was in school but now it's all rainy blah

Posted by mis0

You guys seem to be getting a lot of the hot weather we normally have. It has been unusually cool and wet here the last few weeks. Can't say that I don't enjoy it. :3

Posted by Lord of Spam

Florida AVERAGES mid to high 90s with humidity hovering somewhere near two hundred million percent. To whoever was complaining about sweating after stepping outside for a minute: welcome to march in florida. Its actually been fairly cool here recently, though. Like, low 90's-ish.

Also, global warming is clearly a lie propogated by the liberal media.

Posted by cas

If it is this hot when i get back, i will buy an AC unit and find some ****ed way of making it work, even though i cannot mount it to the window proper. Buddy of mine got one because his computer was overheating/crashing. I can't say mine isnt far from that point either.

I really dislike waking up in a 100F room, swimming in a pool of sweat.

Cold showers FOR TEH WIN.

Posted by Echo

It really hasn't been too hot here in GA. It's warm enough to avoid doing strenuous activities outside, but not unbearable like it normally is.

Posted by Raptor

This is one time of year I'd hate to be on the mainland.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Raptor: This is one time of year I'd hate to be on the mainland.

Dont the islands stay pretty near the 80s year round? I can only imagine how pleassnt that would be, as thats pretty much my favorite tempoerature area.

Posted by Raptor

At my elevation, it's more like the 70's, which I find preferable. Actually, I'd like it even more if it was constantly in the 50's or 60's.

Posted by Ant

For once, I was happy to go to work. Yesterday it was about 110 or so and very humid. And I went to work around 3pm and was there till 10:30pm. And I remember coming out then and it was still 95 or so. Then when I was driving home and I turn onto my street I notice that the 3 street lights on my side of the street were out. I thought that was odd, yet neat. So I get out of my car and notice the lights in my house are out as well. I figured that maybe they went to bed early. Then I see my father outside, he tells me that the power went out at 4pm. So our side of the street and a few other areas in the neighborhood were without power for 6+ hours. So I ended up going for a walk, and then just hanging out in the backyard chilling and playing my DS till about 12:30am when the power finally got turned back on.

I hope it doesn't happen again today, It's my day off :)

Posted by Slade

It's not usually too hot around here for long, but this is the second week in a row when it's been above 90. That's not much compared to other places, but I hate it. I want my temperature at a steady 65 degrees.

From midnight to one, though, it's beeeeautiful. Then it's time to chill outside.

Posted by Echo

This just in: Now it's raining and cloudy. It already feels much, much cooler.

Posted by Stalolin

Guh, we peaked at 105 yesterday, which is one lower than our highest recorded temperature. And it's not cooling down one bit.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It was hovering around 40 (110) degrees here all last week. It is now below 20, and has been for the past three days. I love it.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

It got so hot that power-outages in Los Angeles caused MySpace to quit working all day. At my work, it got to 105 degrees.