ePSXe audio problem

Posted by Roger Smith

When I start playing either ISO or CD's there's no audio at all. I used the ePSXe SPU Core 1.5.2 plugin and the P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9 but I get no sound from either of them. I'm beginning to think it's my sound card, but my other media players work fine. Any suggestions?

Btw, sound comes from Realtek AC97 Audio.

Posted by Boner

Maybe check your audio settings? Maybe there is a harware clash. I had similar problems before, and that was the case. The on board sound card some how decided it wasn't getting enough attention and enabled itself again.

Posted by Roger Smith

Hmm..I think my sound card is just shit...because when I go to youtube I can't hear anything from the videos. And when I restart my PC and it gets to the deskop, a loud POP comes out of my speakers. Maybe I'll just get Sound Blaster 7.1?

Posted by Boner

I've never had a problem with SB. Well, other than the problem you are currently having. But, as I said, it was easily resolved. I also noticed that when I experienced the same thing, my on board sound card produced nothing as well. That's how I figured it was a hardware clash.

Posted by Roger Smith

Where do you exactly go to fix this?

Posted by Boner

Go to the start menu. Right click on properties. Click the hardware tab. Then click device manager. This brings up a list of all hardware installed on your computer. If you go to the sound, video and game controllers, you should be able to disable your on board sound card. If you see that both are enabled, I'd be willing to bet that is where your problem lies. If by some odd chance this doesn't resolve things, then I honestly don't know what else to suggest.