Know What I'm Just Realizing?

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I can understand how lame Kingdom Hearts is now. I still love it and all, but I can't believe how ridiculously good the game would be if they just left out Disney altogether. Everyone loves Kingdom Hearts (well most) because we grew up with Disney and it thrills us to be able to play with our favorite characters, and the fact that Final Fantasy ones were included, we were intrigued by the major franchise, and because of the originality and cool story, we wanted to play it.

But truly, the game is a mockery of all that which would make up a real RPG.

I frankly expect everyone to leash major outcry against me for this, but I don't care, I still love Kingdom Hearts and all, I just realize that it's all a sham now.

Posted by Stalolin

actually, if they threw out that stuff about hearts it'd be better.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Stalolin: actually, if they threw out that stuff about hearts it'd be better.

But that's the basic concept of the story but if it would work for ya and it is a little girly but it dosen't bother me at all.

Quoting Sean the Wicked: But truly, the game is a mockery of all that which would make up a real RPG.

[quote]I still love Kingdom Hearts and all, I just realize that it's all a sham now.

It seems you have mixed feelings over it.
I wouldn't consider it a true RPG because it's more of a button masher/adventure type game but I guess just e cause Mr.Nomura created the series it's considered an RPG.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: It seems you have mixed feelings over it.
I wouldn't consider it a true RPG because it's more of a button masher/adventure type game but I guess just e cause Mr.Nomura created the series it's considered an RPG.

I like the game and all, I just think it's stupid to mix such an original (good) idea with something else.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Actually, I feel the series would be a whole lot better if there was no FF characters...and they had a different character designer.

Posted by Ayu

I like the game, but like i've said before, if it were rated teen, it would be way better. I mean right now, it is way to childish. I also thought that the whole heart thing was pretty cool.

Posted by chaser3592

now if it were rated "M" not even klarth would make fun of it (if you get what i'm saying).

i'm just joking

Posted by Rahxas

I think this game was intentionally made for younger people though too.
I mean it was made for all ages, but as you can tell Final Fantasy are for people a bit older... They probably had an inital desision to try and get a game to draw in younger audiances and get them into likeing all the other products that they make.

I love Kingdom Hearts though

Posted by Arczu

It really a mixed bag.

If Disney was put out of it, then it seems like raw material that can be molded into something.

If Final fantasy was put out of it, then it would become a complete mesh of Disney characters, and most likely put off a whole bunch of gamers with such hate againt them.

I doubt neither is going to be changed. If if they do, no removals.

Posted by Xenos

Eh, I like the Disney aspect in it. 'brings back a lot of nostalgia - HOWEVER, I think that Square got a little too carried away with it. After awhile, it felt like there were worlds just 'cause ... y'know, for the sake of there being these Disney characters in there. They shouldn't remove KH completely, but they should add some more FF to balance it out.

Also, the way they potray the Disney worlds gets on my nerves. I guess its a little too cheesy times. I don't think it would be so "kiddy" if they would stop ranting about hearts, lights and darkness every other line.

Posted by NeXidala

I think they should add in darker themes. Right now, Kingdom Hearts can't be looked at as a dark RPG because of all the "BFF FOREVA!" sort of theme it has. I think they should make original worlds that are darker, and add in more Final Fantasy, but still keep in Disney. And, like Sanaxis said, I think it should be made less kiddy and more mature.

Posted by Xenos

I hope darker doesn't consist of more of that Cloud and Sephiroth scene. "DEFEAT THE DARKNESS IN YOUR HEART!"

Posted by Zabuza

KH3 isn't based around the "BFF" stuff this time. Its more on the Keyblade War thing.

Posted by Paradox Master

True... but its unclear that if the game is being played in the past or as Sora with flashbacks and past events happening.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Xenos: I hope darker doesn't consist of more of that Cloud and Sephiroth scene. "DEFEAT THE DARKNESS IN YOUR HEART!"

I didn't mean it like that, I meant just darker in essence.

Quoting Zabuza: KH3 isn't based around the "BFF" stuff this time. Its more on the Keyblade War thing.

Yeah, but odds are it'll end up being all like "My heart will bring me back to Kairi and Riku, my true friends!"

Posted by Xenos

Quoted post: I didn't mean it like that, I meant just darker in essence.

Eh, my experience is that most Square, well, RPGames in general, who try to be dark and deep usually fails hard.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Xenos: Eh, my experience is that most Square, well, RPGames in general, who try to be dark and deep usually fails hard.

Yeah, but, I can't stand all that "BFFS!" theme, they need to make it more mature. One BIG example, at the end Sora and Kairi could've kissed, but no, they have a nice handshake. Are you kidding me?!

Posted by maian

If you're looking for a dark, deep story, I suggest you stop playing Kingdom Hearts. At least, if you want it to reach T or M material. Well, T wouldn't be that hard. But still.

Probably one of the only reasons I'm playing Kingdom Hearts is because of the Disney character. I'm rather disappointed from the lame worldsin the first one, so I look foward to playing number 2, where I can see some Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. (Too bad the Lion King world apparently has sequel material in it :()

Anyway, it is a ridiculous mix, but Square pulled it off, seeing all the money they're raking in. Do any of you really think that one of the main factors in making this game wasn't money?

Posted by WackoHater2

I personally like how they mixed original characters, Final Fantasy, and Disney, and it worked. I love the game series, and I have nothing against it. Except that reched Chain of Memories.

Posted by Tysis

eghhem (clears throat)

Kingdom Hearts. Ever since that game came out I looked at Disney a lot differently. Ever since that game came out, I have looked at a lot of video games differently. To me, Kingdom takes the best of both worlds, and creates an even better world, un-comparable to FF or Disney. To me, it isn't even Disney or FF. It's simply Kingdom Hearts. It doesn't waste time using a game design which makes us focus on the fighting, more than the story. Kingdom Hearts does the fighting system for us, it would seem, so we can enjoy the more important things about the game. The feeling of unity, kindness, friendship, and most importantly, love. Love is what I feel for Kingdom Hearts, and nothing, nothing, could make it better to me.

Posted by Arczu

Soo many things sweep up fans and at the same time, anger/knock off people annoyed by it. KH was probably one of those original ideas that was really good, and partially bad out there.

Posted by Namine

I love Kingdom hearts. I don't know as much as some of you guys, but I liove Kingdom Hearts. I never thought of myself as the type of person to play a video game, but something about Kingdom Hearts turns me on (you know what I mean). The first thing that attracted me to Kingdom hearts was the Disney. I have always loved Disney movies since I was a little girl, and Kingdom Hearts is like a big reunion with all your favorite characters. I dont know many Final Fantasy characters, but They are still cool too. The people I like the most though are the original characters (Sora, Riku, Namine, Kairi, Ansem, Organization, etc...)

Posted by roxas121

i think they should make whole new charecters like sora and roxas

Posted by Arczu

What would be so new about them if the are like old characters...?

There's so much specualation that anything is plausible I guess.