Some change

Posted by Arcadios

Is anyone a little tired of the same pics on the top left hand corner?
If so would anyone like to volunteer to make some new ones?
Any skilled takers?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's been done a few. And does any even pay attention to them?

Posted by Zeta

Put maian's Samus one up there.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Vampiro: It's been done a few. And does any even pay attention to them?

Actually I do because everytime I need to go to the main boards I click it.
I think it's getting to repetative but it isn't much of a deal just a suggestion.

Posted by Klarth

Two of mine are up there. They're my really ****ty old works, though :-/

Posted by maian

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zeta again.

:-*

I would do a few, but my computer's broken, and I'm Photoshopless. =/ I have a few in reserve, although most of them suck. A few noteworthy ones are my Soul Calibur and Samus ones, though.

EDIT:

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/maian/bann0rz/SCVGCcopy.gif]lol[/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/maian/bann0rz/vgcmetroidcopy.gif]k it's really not that good[/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/maian/bann0rz/VGCLink.png]LOL sucks[/url]

Posted by Arcadios

I like the SC one and if you made some more improvements on the Samus one then that one would look good.

Feel up to making some new ones, Klarth?

Posted by MetroidPrimeMan

Now that I look at it, those are different, well from the last time I remember. Otherwise I dont reall notice them. One thing that might be good is making a VGC logo. All high tech looking, or putting some screenshots of games up there. Just a thought

Happy Hunting
MetroidPrimeMan

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Klarth: Two of mine are up there. They're my really ****ty old works, though :-/

I would guess the one with the medi-evil (don't know if I spellled it right) theme and the brown one with the girl and the fairy looking thing.

Am I right?

Posted by Cruxis

Well, I am about to get off so I can get some rest, got EMS practice tomorrow. But I guess I will hang around for a few.

---anyways, about the pics; they are fine in my opinon. I would on the other hand like to see some NEW animated ones though. Something to breath more like into this site, the site is great it just needs some more POW! Kazam!

-------
[COLOR=#ffff00]Mr. Nintendo Posted:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ffff00]I would guess the one with the medi-evil (don't know if I spellled it right) theme and the brown one with the girl and the fairy looking thing.[/COLOR]

:) Oh! and Mr. N thats Link and Navi from Zelda Ocarina of Time.

As for Klarths pictures, I would think It would be that Bowser logo & the Sonic VGChat logo.

They seem to be made in Adobe photo shop 7.0 or somthing like that. I would guess he had some thing expensive like that (probably 9.0 or somthing now). I have it too, because it translates into HTML very well, so I can place images onto websites a little easier. I also use it to make icons, borders, and basically any shape or image I want for building a web site from HTML format or standard.
Frontpage and W3 do fairly well with adobe, far better than jasc or coral.

Posted by Arcadios

I was trying to think of Navi but that pic of Link looked too much of a female in my perspective.

Posted by Cruxis

:wacko: well, it does seem that as LINK is portrayed in a more realistic fashion the fact that he looks rather feme become more and more apparent.

Hey Mr.N, Is your Dell monitor a well rounded monitor? what I mean is; would you recommend it to someone who is planning on getting a new Flatpanel?

Posted by Arcadios

Yea it's been good since I got it so I would recomend it.

Posted by Alastor

I'd like to see how another contest would go. Might motivate me to use Photoshop for something other than TVGCS for the first time since.. well, a long time ago.

Posted by Klarth

Ones I did are this pair...

...But, uh, the other one doesn't seem to be showing up! I'd say it's time to scrap some of the old ones and upload new ones. And if there is a contest, perhaps this time people won't take it upon themselves to register puppet accounts through a proxy server and vote for themselves :) (hi you know who you are!)

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Cruxis: As for Klarths pictures, I would think It would be that Bowser logo & the Sonic VGChat logo.

I was doubting that since they seem too.....simple but everyone has to start somehwere.

Posted by Roger Smith

You know me, I'm always up to make more stuff....even if Klarth does bring me down man.

Posted by Arcadios

Good then since you guys had a cntest before we should have another.
How many do you think we need?
Maybe 10 pics(not per person) but how many people want to join?

Posted by Roger Smith

Off the top of my head:

1. Me
2. Klarth
3. Maybe Sapphire
4. Alastor if he's motivated enough
5. ExoXile
6. Eggroll I guess

Linkman made a banner last time I think.

Posted by Arcadios

I never see Linkman around.
So 2 per person and we pic the top 10?

Posted by Roger Smith

Well first we have to see how many people will enter for sure.

Posted by Alastor

I wouldn't care to. Might be fun.

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Klarth]Ones I did are this pair...
[IMG]http://www.n64gamer.com/images/logos/tales.gif[/IMG]

...But, uh, the other one doesn't seem to be showing up! I'd say it's time to scrap some of the old ones and upload new ones. And if there is a contest, perhaps this time people won't take it upon themselves to register puppet accounts through a proxy server and vote for themselves :) (hi you know who you are!)

Snap* that hurt..:(

You know I've been wanting to ask you about that. There wasn't ever a ToS GBA title, so how did you get a persa, Lyod & ect. in pixelated 16-bit form? Did you make them yourself?

either way, you dont give your self enough credit, those are actually one of her better ones.

I hate the meshup logos...they seem kind bland.

-----------------------------
I've been working on Vgchat Logos for a while now, basically just for fun. here are a few of the older and lamer ones.

[IMG]http://www.mypixshare.com/images/283/2188/00000001.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.mypixshare.com/images/283/2188/00000002.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.mypixshare.com/images/283/2188/00000003.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Arcadios

Don't mean to be mean but they seem too simple but what do I know since I don't have any Paint Shop skills.

Posted by Klarth

They're terrible and they're too ****ing big. Anyone can slap text onto a render; decorating them is what takes skill. Are you using Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro? If you're using Paint Shop then that explains everything. Use Photoshop and the ****tiness will stop :) Also:

[quote=Cruxis]You know I've been wanting to ask you about that. There wasn't ever a ToS GBA title, so how did you get a persa, Lyod & ect. in pixelated 16-bit form? Did you make them yourself?
Tales of The World: Narikiri Dungeon III. It's a series featuring cameos from most Tales games. And that banner I did is ****ing horrible; I'd have it taken down and replaced with something new if I could.

So here's something Alastor sent me the beginning of that I touched up as a demonstration...

I don't claim credit for this; Dan started it and I built on it a little. HEY DAN, PLAY WITH THE PSD AND IMPROVE IT!

Posted by Cruxis

:) Yeah, like I sad they where the lames one's.....simplistic at best. I DO have better ones. But I'm using the Paint Shop Pro, not the Photoshop, so I guess thats why they DO seem ****ty. I'll try Photo like you said and see where it goes from there. Thanks for the advice.

-About the the size, do you think 270 x 110 would be about the perfect size for a Logo?

[URL="http://www.cgsociety.org"]www.cgsociety.org[/URL]

Posted by Klarth

Mine was 260x110, but anything in that range is decent.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Klarth:

I've seen the before for this pic and the after is far better.

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Klarth]Mine was 260x110, but anything in that range is decent.

As you already know (to my shame), I havent really used my Photoshop very much, and I kind of like what you did with that Halo 3 Logo. What version of Photoshop do you have? I think I need to update mine, it is lacking some content and options.

Posted by Alastor

What Halo 3 logo? [url=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1883/vgcm3ccopyoo6.jpg]This?[/url] I made that and sent him the PSD while he was giving me some pointers, and that's what he came up with after a few minutes. And FYI, that's not the Halo 3 logo. Hell, it's not even a Halo 3 render. It's from the Halo 2 preview shown at E3 a couple of years ago. :)

Edit: I made the original with Photoshop 7. I'm pretty sure that's what Klarth uses as well, but I'm not positive.

Posted by maian

Pah, I would enter, had my fscking computer not broke. I guess I might submit my SC one in, despite the fact it's not very good, and looks like the last 14 works I've done. :cookie:

Posted by Arcadios

I like your sig so I would like to see more like it.

Posted by Xenos

I saw let the moderators be the Judge so people can't make fake accounts to vote.

Quoted post: I saw let the moderators be the Judge so people can't make fake accounts to vote.

Or just see who voted and don't take into account members who you've never heard of.

Posted by Alastor

[Quote=Roger Smith]Linkman made a banner last time I think.

I forget if he entered one last time, but the F-Zero and Viewtiful Joe banners up there are his.

Posted by Klarth

I use Photoshop CS2.

...Come to think of it, CS3 is due before the end of the year... I'll need more ram :(

Posted by Linkman

Ones I did, WAY back in October 2003:

netman helped

zeus (old member) helped

And I'm working on a new one.

Also, the banners have to be this size, or around this size.

Posted by Arcadios

If I was skilled or an owner of photoshop then I would join in but sadly I lack both. :(

Posted by maian

...He did those with Paint.

That's how amazing they are.

:(

Posted by Linkman

haha yeah, MS Paint and Paint Shop Pro. I didn't have Photoshop when I did those.

OK, I made a couple more, these being done with MS Paint and Photoshop.

We need a Sony exclusive series banner up there.

Just came to me..

Posted by Arcadios

Tetris FTW!
I think we need a Mario banner, Sonic banner and a Haruhi banner if wanted.

Posted by Alastor

I don't see how Haruhi would fit in at all, what with all the banners having to be video game related. No disrespect to the anime, but no. :cool:

Those are awesome, Linkman. Jesse better put them up.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Alastor: I don't see how Haruhi would fit in at all, what with all the banners having to be video game related. No disrespect to the anime, but no. :cool:

Yea I see your point.
Maybe we need a banner on consoles.

Posted by Alastor

Console ones can be difficult. Anyways...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/pza_alastor_sc/vgcNightmare.png[/IMG]

Recycled from an old sig in like five minutes.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/pza_alastor_sc/vgcm3c2.png[/IMG]

93,544,132,523,662,461 seconds in Photoshop. Unfinished, still tweaking with it.

Posted by Cruxis

Think This site would support animated Logo's?

I spend alot of time in drawing and animating. I Illistrated and animated this avitar of mine and the ****y Comic Style Animated Sig below. I am sure there are others who can do it aswell, probably much better at that.

Posted by Alastor

Not sure if anything animated would work that well or not.

Posted by Cruxis

I think there should be a Gears of War Logo in the future. I say that because I know That gears of war is supossed to be a big hit on the 360 this fall, and a lot of people would think a GOW logo would be kind of neat.

I don't trust my newbie skills to making one yet, so you think you could?

Posted by Alastor

Me? No clue. Klarth would do a better one, I'm sure. Or probably anyone else for that matter. I might try one in a couple of days if I get bored, though.

It would be neat to see Eggroll try one of these. She's got some talent.

Posted by Ant

Heh, somebody should tell her about this thread then. Since she doesn't frequent this board, surprisingly. Massive amounts of PM's might get her attention.

And yeah, both of the ones Linkman are a massive win! Seems like the Tetris one would have been very tedious considering you had to use the blocks from the game. But it ended up in a very spectacular result.

Posted by Klarth

I'll knock a few together later.

Posted by Arcadios

I would like to see more Megaman banners.
Maybe someone can make something outta this pic.
[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/Mr_Nintendo74/NewBitmapImage-1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by maian

Quoting Alastor: Console ones can be difficult. Anyways...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/pza_alastor_sc/vgcNightmare.png[/IMG]

Recycled from an old sig in like five minutes.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/pza_alastor_sc/vgcm3c2.png[/IMG]

93,544,132,523,662,461 seconds in Photoshop. Unfinished, still tweaking with it.

YEAH YOU MEAN THE NIGHTMARE SIG I MADE FOR YOU RIGHT

JERK

k jk ilu

Somebody give me a new computer.

Linkman: Tetris = win

Posted by Eggroll

meh, your guys have so many already

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: YEAH YOU MEAN THE NIGHTMARE SIG I MADE FOR YOU RIGHT

JERK

k jk ilu

Somebody give me a new computer.

Linkman: Tetris = win

...no, I made that one. You made a different one and I made a better one.

No offense, jerk. :cool:

jk ilu2 :cool:

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Eggroll: meh, your guys have so many already

We still haven't made that many so I'd like to see some of yours since I like them and they look good. :cool2:

Posted by Eggroll

well ok, here's one i just finished.

Posted by Arcadios

I like it alot.
Nice work but the VGChat sign could be bigger.

Posted by Zeta

I'd try and make some if my computer was set up, but chances are they would suck, and be Metroid/Riviera/Castlevania related. :cookie:

Posted by Arcadios

I'd probably flood this thread with Mario and Sonic banners if I had the skills and time.
Maybe I should get print shop.

Posted by Alastor

Photoshop.

Posted by Linkman

I can make a couple more.

All I need are some game/series ideas. It'd be nice if it was something other than Nintendo Exclusive games/series. Although, I'll probably make a Zelda one, despite the fact there are like 5 of them.

Posted by Arcadios

lol
Everyone is going to shot down my Kingdom Hearts banner idea. :/
How about:
SSBM
A FF game we can all agree on or one for every game
Megaman
Sonic
Halo
KOTOR
Tekken
Luigi
Wind Waker
Mario Kart
Pokemon
Metriod
GTA
Metal Gear Solid

Posted by Ant

MGS or Kingdom Hearts one would both be good I think.

And if anyone wanted to do a Zelda one Wind Waker style would be interesting. And if anyone wanted to do a Mario one, Paper Mario style would be cool, too.

Castlevania or Riveria would both make for some good banners too.

Posted by Alastor

[ProTip] Don't let Kairi Fan make the Kingdom Hearts banner and it might be acceptable.

Posted by Arcadios

I know that already.
I'll supply some pics.
Who ever wants to make it go ahead.
Here are some since pics that can be used.
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/Mr_Nintendo74/Banner%20material/

Posted by Alastor

Found this after digging through my Photobucket. It's like two years old, but I still like it.

Posted by Arcadios

I like it but it could use more of a diffrent tone of green.

Posted by Alastor

That'd ruin the tribute to the MP finish screen, IMO. Everything doesn't have to be a hundred different colors for it to be good. If anything, it needs to be darkened everywhere just a little.

Posted by Arcadios

True.

Posted by Draxamus

HEY SCREW YOU GUYS I MADE THE MARIO ONE AND IT WILL STAY OR YOU WILL DIE

Posted by Klarth

The mario one with the ? boxes, yeah? I like it; it stays.

I still haven't done any of these :(

Posted by Draxamus

Quoting Klarth: The mario one with the ? boxes, yeah? I like it; it stays.

I still haven't done any of these :(

Yeah that one!

Posted by Alastor

The sprite ones that aren't randomly thrown together are nice.

Edit: So is this actually going to get organized or not? Who all's in?

Posted by Arcadios

Wish I could join since I brung it up but I have no or even negative skills. :/