This game has strategy? I didn't realize

Posted by GameMiestro

I bought an interesting puzzle game called Magnetica recently. If you've never heard of it, that's okay, but this screenshot may be familiar-

That's because Magnetica is actually a remake of an old arcade game called Puzz Loop, which I have never heard of or played until now. I guess it must have been fairly popular.

I think the concept is fairly interesting, but the fact that there's virtually no support for the game and the ultra high difficulty levels make it feel somewhat boring to play. I have no idea what strategy you're supposed to use in this game, and it seems like nobody else knows, either. It also suffers from the "Meteos Effect"- randomly shooting marbles as fast as you can often seems to be just as effective as careful aiming.

Still, it's a very solid game, and once I figure out what's going on, I hope it will be very addicting. Plus, the puzzle mode is a whole lot of fun.

Comments?

Posted by muffla

my stratagy is to shoot the marbles farthest away form the hole becaue some times it pulls them all back and other times it makes a hole giving you a little bit of time to get rid of the ones closer to the hole

also this game is almost exactly like zuma for the pc (free demo via real arcade ect.)

Posted by Dexter

I first heard about this game yesterday and I meant to look up some information on it. I'd like to play it but it seems like the only way to do that would be to buy the game. How much did you get it? I would think it is cheap...

I do enjoy puzzle games, so I'll probably check it out soon.

Posted by GameMiestro

$30.00. It is a lot more complex than it sounds. The puzzle mode should be game in itself, as that can entertain for hours, and possibly make you a better player. There's also a neat little multiplayer game, which I would do with more than one person (I have an extra DS) if I found someone else who knew how to play.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Dexter: I first heard about this game yesterday and I meant to look up some information on it. I'd like to play it but it seems like the only way to do that would be to buy the game. How much did you get it? I would think it is cheap...

I do enjoy puzzle games, so I'll probably check it out soon.

Go play Zuma for the PC. I've never played Magnetica, but from what I've heard/seen it's basically the same game. There isn't a puzzle mode in Zuma, though. But it's still a lot of fun, and it should help you decide if you want to buy Magnetica or not.

Just google Zuma, it's a flash game by Pop Cap Games, I think (the people who made Bejeweled).

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

You chain like-coloured marbles together. That's the strategy. I personally love these types of games.