F-ZERO WII

Posted by Klarth

http://wii.ign.com/articles/720/720121p1.html
[quote]Miyamoto feels that some games will actually work better with the classic controller. He mentioned F-Zero as one such game.
FUCK yeah. If this means what I think it does, I'll be a happy man.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Uh. Do you not think this could be just him illustrating the F-Zero is available on the Virtual Console, and the Classic controller will be a better way to control it than the Wiimote?

Posted by Klarth

He doesn't mention the virtual console at all. And mentioning that "some games will actually work better" is implying that he means actual Wii games.

Could be wrong though.

Yeah, given that the Classic has been advertised as pretty much for the VC, I'd say he was talking about that and nothing else - I could be wrong, of course.

Also re Miyamoto's left-handedness - look at a load of Nintendo games. It's quite cool; Link, for example, is left-handed, as is the hero in all the Pokémon games.

Posted by Dexter

F-ZERO was excellent for the Nintendo 64, but I didn't care for the Game Cube version as much and I don't think they'll ever make one as good as they did for the 64. I wouldn't be too surprised if they did a F-ZERO for the Wii. I'm expecting it, actually.

Posted by s0ul

I kind of assume all of their first party titles will get Wii installments so I'm not terribly surprised by this. GX was one of my favorite games ever, especially the deep characters like Octoman and BIO REX!!

The game's a lot better if you can't read.

Posted by muffla

i would like f zero wii and if i was in one forf the cars or whatever they r i would b like wiiiiiiii

Posted by NeXidala

Quoted post: Nintendo has long proclaimed that the Wii remote would not be the only interface for their next-generation console. To satisfy the control needs of their more button-intensive and analogue control enabled N64 and Gamecube titles available via the Virtual Console and backward compatability, you were always going to need something more robust than the Wii-mote to control the previous generation games.

Well, here it is; the classic Wii controller, courtesy of the Nintendo press site. Featuring just as many inputs as Sony's standard Dual Shock, this should take the edge off of those worried about scary futuristic moon controllers that can read your mind.

There is currently no word on whether the classic controller will be bundled with, or sold separately from, the standard Wii package*.

I found this on the internet which means they are probably planning on having three types of devices for the Wii:
-The Remote thing
-The Numchuk
-The Classic Controller
This means that there will be many possibilities with how we play th Wii games. I hope that all three come bundled with the actual console. And personally, I'm very ,much looking forward to my new Wii console. :D
*For all of you who want to see what the Classic Controller looks like*

In other news, did you guys hear you wave the Wii controller around to play it?

Posted by Klarth

Have you heard about this Game Boy Color thing? It lets you play your Game Boy games in FULL COLOUR. Oh MAN.

[quote=NeXidala]they are probably planning on having three types of devices for the Wii
You forgot the gun, dear.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: You forgot the gun, dear.

Oh, you're right! Well, the more the better. This just makes this game console even better.

Posted by Drewboy64

[QUOTE=Wings]Yeah, given that the Classic has been advertised as pretty much for the VC, I'd say he was talking about that and nothing else - I could be wrong, of course.

Also re Miyamoto's left-handedness - look at a load of Nintendo games. It's quite cool; Link, for example, is left-handed, as is the hero in all the Pok

It hasn't been confirmed what the clip is for. The controller does connect to the Wiimote, but only to commnicate with the console.

I reiterate: the Classic controller has been advertised as being created to make it easier to play past games on the Wii.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's to clip it onto your pants, so you can walk around while looking very fashionable with your brand new, classic Wii controller.

And a new F-Zero is to be expected.

Posted by Bebop

I would have thought F-Zero would work fine with the Wiimote. Holding it like in Excitetruck you move to control to simulate the car's various attacks like side smashing.

I like the look of the classic controller so it is still nice to know I won't have to just use it for past games. I'm guessing this is how Smash Bros will play.

Posted by Klarth

You can use a GCN controller for Smash Bros.

Posted by Bebop

That's the most pointless post I've ever read.

Posted by Klarth

Explain. "I'm guessing this is how Smash Bros will play" is implicative that you thought you'd have to use the Wiimote.

Posted by Bebop

Well everyone initally thought you would have to use the Wiimote. But then the classic controller was released. Iwata said people might have to keep their old GC controllers, implieing Smash Bros Brawl will play using a GC Controller plugged into the Wii. However, since the classic controller is now (from the sounds of things) being used for some Wii software it is more likely Smash Bros Brawl will play using the Classic Controller rather than the GC, or at the very least the GC controller being the secondary input.

Stop talking like you know anything. Sakurai humself explained that the Wii controller was not suitable, and it'd use a GCN pad/Classic shell.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: Stop talking like you know anything. Sakurai humself explained that the Wii controller was not suitable, and it'd use a GCN pad/Classic shell.

Hold on, me saying "Sakurai said the Wii controller was not as suitable as the GCN/Classic" is me trying to act smart? Yet you saying the same is excluded from your saracsm. Hmm I smell hypocrite ;-*

Except that's not what you said, in any way.

Posted by Bebop

[quote=Bebop]Iwata said people might have to keep their old GC controllers, implieing Smash Bros Brawl will play using a GC Controller plugged into the Wii. However, since the classic controller is now (from the sounds of things) being used for some Wii software it is more likely Smash Bros Brawl will play using the Classic Controller rather than the GC, or at the very least the GC controller being the secondary input.

[quote=Bebop]Sakurai said the Wii controller was not as suitable as the GCN/Classic(for Smash Bros)

Cookie get?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Technically, that's not what you said. You said Iwata implied. Even though it's been known for awhile now that Sakurai wants kids to use the GC pad for control. The Wiimote will likely only be used for little easter eggs.

Posted by Bebop

Well he has implied. He certainly hasnt confirmed it.