Lady in the Water

Posted by Xenos

I am surprised that no one has made a thread about this yet - so was it any good ... for those of you who saw it?

EDIT: http://imdb.com/title/tt0452637/ Whoa, the rating is a five?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Apparently the movie's garbage. A lot of critics and movie-goers are bashing it left, right and centre. I don't blame him, his movies have gotten worse and worse, and from what I've seen, this one looks abysmal.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

My friend dragged me to go see this.

Worst..... movie..... evar.

Seriously, it's predictable, not scary, and outright lame. Don't even rent it.

Posted by WackoHater2

No surprise that it sucked. M. Night Shamalyn.. or whatever the hell his name is.. has suck arse movies one after another.

Posted by brownoystercult

The only movies I know that he made were The Village and this. Has he made anything good?

Posted by NeXidala

What was Lady in the Water about, Sapphire Rose? And yeah, it looks horribly boring...

Quoted post: The only movies I know that he made were The Village and this. Has he made anything good?

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were pretty enjoyable.

Posted by NEMI

Quoting Roinkz: The only movies I know that he made were The Village and this. Has he made anything good?

I really don't think so,and The Village was a **** so this one must be the same stupid thing.

Posted by Dexter

I enjoyed The Village. I'm looking forward to seeing Lady in the Water, but I probably won't get the opportunity until it is released on DVD.

His film Wide Awake deserves a mention.

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Vampiro: Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were pretty enjoyable.

Ahh! Yeah, Sixth Sense..he got famous off that..

Posted by Crazy K

I figured it would be horrible, but I still will rent it once it comes to DVD.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting NeXidala: What was Lady in the Water about, Sapphire Rose? And yeah, it looks horribly boring...

Answer:

[spoiler] It's about a Nymph (called a "narf" lol) trying to fufill a prophecy about a story (her name is Story to, lol). She needs to find Shamalan (however you spell his name), and the people she meets along the way are in the prophecy. A creature is after her. Everything ends well and blah.[/spoiler][spoiler]

And there's something to do with Shamalan telling the next president what to do. [/spoiler]

Like I said..... It was GAAAAYYYYYY.

A narf is battling a scrunt. That should sum up how bad it is, I think.

Oh, and doesn't Night play a writer who's capable of saving the world? ****, talk about an egomaniac.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yeup, and he'll change the future and such.

Posted by candycab

He also made "Signs" with Mel Gibson

I thought that was pretty interesting the first time I saw it but I wouldnt watch it again.

I cant say I really like any of his movies very much, I think Unbreakable is about the best of them.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0796117/

Posted by Shin-Ra

I haaaated Signs so very much, and the same goes for Unbreakable. The Village, on the other hand, I actually enjoyed. I though the visual style was pretty nice and the story was good, not scary like it was advertised, but good.

I'll wait for this to come out on dvd.

Posted by XeroPercent

Unbreakable was great, Sixth Sence was good, Signs had a terrible ending (WATER?! C'mon!!!) never saw The Village.

Posted by Bebop

Is this film supposed to me scary like his previous ones or is it something dirrefent?

Quoted post: Is this film supposed to me scary like his previous ones or is it something dirrefent?

His previous films weren't scary at all. So, though it might have been made to be scary, it isn't.

Posted by Bebop

Well I would say they were more jumpy than scary. Signs really made it jump and I loved it. That TV reflection bit at the end was great.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Answer:

Like I said..... It was GAAAAYYYYYY.

That really does sound truly stupid