Just got a bunch of Pokemon Games...

Posted by D.J Cat

OK, I have done some research but am missing some answers plus also I want some opinions.

I am borrowing Ruby off a friend and play it on my DS. I am hoping to get a Cube/GBA connecter cable next week so I can battle my Pokemon against my friends on Colluseum when I borrow an SP off someone else. Also I'll be able to do the connectivity things in Zelda/Animal Crossing.

I also recently acquired a GB Colour with Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Emerald.
The GB Colour screen however is just about unplayable due to the lack off backlight.
I am also getting a Transfer Pack next week for the N64, I assume this is only good if I have Pokemon Stadium?
And i need Stadium 2 for Gold, Silver and Emerald.

A Gameboy player would be nice, but they are quite expensive and rare it seems.
So, what should I do/get?
Just borrow the SP temporarily, and play the older games with the Transfer pak and the newer ones on the DS?

Meh.

Posted by GameMiestro

Gameboy player, rare? Nah, they still sell them at Target for about $40, I believe. If you really wan't to see your Pokemon fight in 3-D, just get Stadium and Colleseum. Otherwise, consider the Gameboy Player by itself, as it get's the job done and let's you trade between your own games without having to buy another Gameboy. In fact, if you a Player, there's no real reason to need any other accessories at all.

Posted by D.J Cat

Gameboy player's are pretty rare over here unfortuantly. they didn't use to be, but now they are...cause they don't get sold on the major shops.
Meh, I'll see what I can do.

I'm guessing If I get Pokemon Stadium 2 I can play Gold, Silver, Red, Yellow and Emerald on the N64 using the Transfer pack?

Posted by Arcadios

Pokemon Stadium 2 can only play Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver.
It can't play Gameboy advanced games.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

If you don't have a GBA or SP then the transfer cable for the GCN will be useless to you. The DS can't access multiplayer features for GBA games, unfortunately.

I assume in the context that you're talking about Emerald that you actually mean Crystal.

Yes, if you want to play R/B/Y/G/S/C on the N64 with a Transfer Pak, you'll need Pokémon Stadium 1 or 2 - 1, of course, doesn't support G/S/C, but 2 supports all the games that'll play on the Color.

There are two solutions, really - one is to grab a cheap preowned SP, which is about £30 - I've no idea how much that is in $AUS, but it won't be a huge amount. The other is, as you mentioned, to get a GameBoy Player, which will be more expensive.

Getting both will give you a way to trade between the two very easily, as the GB Player has a link cable port on it and works exactly like a normal GBA. I actually have a GB Player for sale right now if you want it. It's PAL. :D

Posted by D.J Cat

Ah Crystal yeah, thats the one I meant.

What a prick that the DS doesn't work for the connectivity things.

I am getting the Link cable, with a high assumption that I will be able to borrow an SP off a friends sister, who has it as well as a buggered copy of Silver.
I shall let her have Yellow and Silver or Gold plus the GB colour, and I will borrow the SP to connect for the Gamecube feautures/Colluseum/Ruby magic with another friend.

That way i will have someone to battle/trade with (maybe) or at least something...
If that fails I will have to get a sheap SP or maybe invest in that GB Player.
We will see, I guess.

Posted by D.J Cat

Well, I thought I might update this, people may or may not care but here we go anyway.

I have now put in 125+ hours into Ruby.
Every month or so I have a single and a double battle against a friend of mine who has Colluseum, who has just recently acquireed...Saphire or Emarld or something like that.
After 8 or so battles we are pretty much equal.
Also, at least 2 other friend sof mine have gotten into it, so there is plenty of people to battle.

I have put 8 hours into Red, playing it on the SP (I really need to get my SP soon).
And it seems I will be able to play it on the N64 through stadium 2 when I get it off another friend, which is what I'v ebeen waiting for cause it increases the speed by 2 or 3 times.

I name nearly all my team members.
Latest one was a Shuppet, which I called Bill.
...So anyone think they can Kill Bill? ;)