Bring the banner back!

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, I know different avatars now. Who cares, use or die.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/newdabanner.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Ant

Ehhhh, perhaps a remake is in order. But I won't be using the old one :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, I'm gonna use it for at least another 10 minutes.

Maybe if someone else comes up with an idea and a new set of weakness, I'll make it.

Posted by Ant

NEW CONCEPT COMPLETELY!

TRIGGER IS DEAD!

WHO'S SHOULD BE IN THE NEXT ONE THAT WASN'T IN THE PREVIOUS ARE: Miso, Dreadnaught, Linko! Maybe Sapphire Rose, not sure!

Edit: OH AND SLADE! I THOUGHT HE WAS IN THE PREVIOUS ONE!

Posted by Corrupt

Maybe me!

...maybe. Not likely.

Edit: Yeah, I was also thinking Slade. I think he deserves it far more than I!

Posted by Ant

I WAS GOING TO SAY YOU BUT I FIGURED YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE PART OF IT!

Posted by Slade

No, I wasn't in the previous one unless someone was busy re-writing history. ;)

Corrupt totally needs some spotlight.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I better be in it ******* it! :mad:

Posted by Roger Smith

Ok, the revised list of DAers are as follows:

Ant
Klarth
Judge
Dreadnought
Xile
LoS
Zeta
Rogey
Misoxeny
DarksongX
Vampiro
Stalolin
Linko
Slade
Corrupt- Rupty's in:cool:
Sapphire

Now, everyone needs to pitch a bad ass banner idea. Keep in mind it will be animated like the last one.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Ant: I WAS GOING TO SAY YOU BUT I FIGURED YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE PART OF IT!

Naaah, I'm totally over that "omg must not participate" crap. Count me in.

Posted by Klarth

I'll come up with one that's bound to be better than Roger's :D

Posted by Darksong X

As long as it's not pink. As far as banner idea goes I think it'd be kicking rad if we had something like a Marvel v Capcom team attack splitscreen...or something to that effect. If possible.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Klarth: I'll come up with one that's bound to be better than Roger's :D

Must everything be competition with you?!?:drooling:

Posted by Klarth

No, just Photoshop

Posted by The Judge

I like Joe's idea.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Good ol'd Mayhem avatar.

Posted by Xero

I know I wont be in it, but I honestly liked it before. You guys should restore it :)

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Klarth: No, just Photoshop

And life. -_-'

Posted by Linko_16

The last time you guys did this, I figured it'd have been funnier if your weaknesses were derived from other people's powers, like normal Mega Man games. As in, Vampiro's weak to Judge's power, Judge being weak to Ant's, et cetera.

NOW THIS VISION CAN BECOME REALITY.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Linko_16: Vampiro's weak to Judge's power

AHAHAH........AHA.........HAHAH........AHAHAH......haaaaaaaa Hah, sorry. :D

I like it the way it is. It makes it more... reeeeeaaaalllll

Posted by The Judge

Actually, Vampiro's weak to my power, and I'm weak to his. We're those annoying bosses that you have to pick one to fight standard.

Posted by ExoXile

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Quoted post: Actually, Vampiro's weak to my power, and I'm weak to his. We're those annoying bosses that you have to pick one to fight standard.

I always thought we were like Agni and Rudra, when it comes to bosses. *shrugs*

Posted by ExoXile

A kitten puring would beat you so bad Judgy. :cool2:

Posted by ASUKA

Quoting Linko_16: Judge being weak to Ant's.

HAHAHA

Posted by ExoXile

HUSH! >:8

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Vampiro: I always thought we were like Agni and Rudra, when it comes to bosses. *shrugs*

I thought we were more like Dante and Vergil vs. Ahrkam. You know, we're like Angi and Rudra, except we don't accidentally hit eachother, and we're f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking awesome.

Posted by Darksong X

If we do that I want to be weak to the weird and otherwise useless weapon/power.

I still think the Team attack splitscreen is cool though.

Posted by ExoXile

Still, Raven beats you all.

Posted by The Judge

EXO: Contribute or die.

Posted by ExoXile

I know Rogey'll make it kewl, I trust thee.

Quoted post: You know, we're like Angi and Rudra, except we don't accidentally hit eachother, and we're ****ing awesome.

Are you kidding? All we do is hit each other. But man, once one of us gets taken down, we're ****ing UNSTOPPABLE.

Posted by The Judge

Well that settles it. However, we still act like D&V.

I'll concur. But we can't be a mixture. Surely there's some boss out there that's exactly like us.

Wait, how about Twinrova? Two badasses that squabble, and our specific powers hurt the other.

Posted by ExoXile

Thar is. :D

Spoilers: Judge and I are actually sisters.

Posted by The Judge

I agree. This is made of win and [COLOR="black"]G[/COLOR]od.

Posted by ExoXile

See, I can contribute.

Posted by The Judge

Once in a blue moon, yes.

Quoted post: See, I can contribute.

Wait, what? All you did was post a picture...

Posted by ExoXile

Exactly. :D

I see.

Posted by Klarth

BOSS REPRESENTATIVE OF I

Posted by Darksong X

Faggot

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting ASUKA: HAHAHA

I know, it felt weird to type it out. But I was too lazy to think of a better example.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Darksong X]If we do that I want to be weak to the weird and otherwise useless weapon/power.

I still think the Team attack splitscreen is cool though.

I'd Hyper-Combo-Finish with you anyday.

Posted by Linko_16

Double Hyper Combo Finish, yo.

Then press start so you can stick out your tongue at them while the scores are adding up.

Posted by Klarth

DHAOS LASER!

Posted by Dreadnought

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4299/beautifulunionpn0.gif[/IMG][/URL]
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Posted by The Judge

K, here's what you gotta do.

Have the Marvel vs. Capcom character select screen, all with small versions of our characters. The GIF plays the cursor running over all of them, showing a larger version off to the side.

... wow, that's pretty hardcore. Also, an awesome idea. Whoever does that would become immune to fail.

Posted by Zeta

*Only read the first few posts*

Y'know, if someone could get MegaMan X6's stage select screen, I think everyone would be able to fit on it. Just copy pasta the hexagons that the boss pics are in.

Posted by The Judge

I like my idea better.

Posted by Slade

Fighting game screen > MegaMan boss screen

Posted by Ant

ooo. yes, derick's idea wins.

Go forth children...into the corn...

Posted by Roger Smith

We've already done a Megaman style banner anyway.

Also. Which MvC game are yall talking about? The original, or 2nd one?

Posted by Ant

2nd

Posted by Roger Smith

I'm having a hard time finding a decent screenshot.

TIME FOR DRASTIC MEASURES.

Posted by Slade

zomg dont buy it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Buy it. It'll be worth it.

Posted by Ant

I know someone who paid 60 bucks for it. And he had to go to a nearby town just to get it.

Expensive little bastard.

I paid thirty for the second, and fifty for the first *shrugs*

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I got mine for $10 from GameStop. :)

But get it, it's more than worth it.

Posted by The Judge

Back to business.

Screenshots plz.

Like this one?
[IMG]http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/mvc2/bg06.jpg[/IMG]

Or this

[IMG]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/mvc2_0730_1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by The Judge

Yes, the globe works fine. Smaller pictures in there, but instead of a tablet, have it like the whole person's image come up on the side.

Posted by Ant

naw, the tablets works fine. Just have the tablet of the person move from the 1st spot to the 2nd when another person gets picked, and the 2nd to the 3rd, and the 3rd bumped off. And it'll be a cycle...get it?

Heh, and the long tablet pictures kinda reminds me of when you do a combo attack in Disgaea...cooooooooool

Posted by The Judge

Or you could each pick teams, and then it resets. If you made it really long, you could do a lot of combinations.

It'd be big, but if you included screenshots of each game for attacks....nevermind.

Posted by Linko_16

I think the Marvel vs. Capcom 1 character select screen would work better. It has about the amount of spaces for all DA Members (probably), and you can have an entire body shot appear on the side instead of just a tablet.

But, uh, what are we using for character pictures?

EDIT - If we're using avatars, someone say so and I'll put up the old one of my metool self. If we're doing bosses, I'm still Mr. Karate.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro: Like this one?
[IMG]http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/mvc2/bg06.jpg[/IMG]

Or this

[IMG]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/mvc2_0730_1.jpg[/IMG]

The qaulity sucks for the larger pic, the small one is too small.

I'm currently trying to torrent MvC 2 so I can take a screenshot. But now I don't know if yall want to use the original or 2.

Posted by Klarth

The one with the sphere!

Posted by Ant

Yeah, 2 is the one with the sphere.

Quoted post: The qaulity sucks for the larger pic, the small one is too small.

Yeah, I never figured anyone would use them, just examples since you were all "lol wtf is this ****"

Posted by Stalolin

Superiority of the first MvC game's select screen. I'm downloading it for my PSX emulator so I can get a screen cap and see if it's any better to use.

Posted by Stalolin

Better resolution version, courtesy of ePSXe

Yeah, that's perfect. Just enough slots too.

Posted by Dreadnought

You know what? Just leave the bottom center one as is and I'll take it.

Posted by Dreadnought

Oh, and change RYU's face to Vamp's avatar for hXc bad[COLOR=Black]as[/COLOR]serie.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well done. Now time to round up all the boss images.

I thought we were going with avatars

Posted by Dreadnought

If I could figure out the name of the hero in the bottom center I'd make it my Avatar.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Dreadnought]If I could figure out the name of the hero in the bottom center I'd make it my Avatar.

War Machine

That would be War Machine, you ******.

edit: ****ing ninja'd

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro: I thought we were going with avatars

I thought we were gonna make the boss pics our avatars.

I have no idea anymore.

Posted by Roger Smith

I'll just let DA think for me from now on -_-

Posted by Stalolin

Well whatever, my avatar is my boss.

so is my sig lol

Posted by Ant

The boss as avatar thing was a choice, I personally didn't feel like it.

The signature is going to be the Marvel vs Capcom 2 thing, and instead of the characters there, we'll use our avatars and they will come up on the side bar thing. May be a little hard to pull off, but I belive in the artist works of this Blog.

Try to stay on topic in this thread as to actually get something done!

Posted by Dreadnought

War Machine it is.

Posted by Ant

No...you don't pick a character from the chart. Our avatars will replace the characters within(or however many we fill up) and the selecter will select us then our avatar in a long form will appear on the side!

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, we'll have to figure something out, cuz I'm not using those shitty images.

Update: I have successfully ran PCSX2(PS2 emulator) and it seems to work so far. MvC2 is close to being done so I'll update if anything else happens.

Posted by Roger Smith

Ok, I got it all working.

WARNING: LARGE IMAGES.

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/MvC2CharacterSelect.jpg]This is the character selection screen. If I have to, I'll get a better shot.[/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/MvC2Haduken.jpg]Ryu preforming the Haduken on Zangief.[/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/MvC2Shoryuken.jpg]Ryu preforming Shoryuken on Zangief[/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/MvC2ShinkuHaduken1.jpg]Ryu preforming the Shinku Haduken part 1[/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/MvC2ShinkuHaduken2.jpg]Shinku Haduken part 2.[/url]

If you look up at the very top, you can see info on the ROM. Yes...the game only played on a slow 9FPS. Now, I know it doesn't look that great, but bear in mind the emulator is still in progress.

Posted by Ant

The shot you got is pretty good! -thumbs up-

Posted by Slade

The character select one is good, yes.

So our avys will take the place of the characters, and when the cursor selects them... what happens? A larger image of the avy, or something completely different? Will it then show our weakness?

side-note: still don't know what my weakness will be

Posted by Klarth

...I don't think the sphere one would work well considering it has to be uber-huge for anyone to be able to make out the individual squares. :/ I say we go with MvC1 - I've already started anyway ;o

Proposed layout:

Vamp - Judge - Ant
Lolin - Me - sniper
sniper - Slade - Darksong
LoS - Zeta - Roger
Slade - Dread - Miso

Thoughts?

Posted by The Judge

I refuse to be paired up with that woman avatar Ant has. Vamp Judge Darksong works fine with me. You can have the badass group all in one tidy team.

Posted by Klarth

In that case:

Vamp - Judge - Darksong
Lolin - Me - sniper
sniper - Slade - Ant
LoS - Zeta - Roger
Slade - Dread - Miso

Posted by The Judge

You said Sniper and Slade twice.

Posted by ExoXile

WHAT ABOUT, ME!?

Posted by The Judge

lol

Posted by Slade

Quoting The Judge: You said Sniper and Slade twice.

True that. Make it Slade three times, sniper once.

And also true is that no matter how much I wish the sphere would work, MvC1 is going to work a lot better. We could fill in the empty spaces with random meme pics...

Posted by Klarth

FIXED!

Vamp - Judge - Darksong
Lolin - Me - sniper
Linko - Ant - Sapphire
LoS - Zeta - Roger
Slade - Dread - Miso

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Klarth: FIXED!
--------EXO
Vamp - Judge - Darksong
Lolin - Me - sniper
Linko - Ant - Sapphire
LoS - Zeta - Roger
Slade - Dread - Miso
--------XILE

Thank you! >:0

Posted by Linko_16

I can assist in both sprite work and animation, btw.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/Animations/]Portfolio[/url]
Guest password is "pikajuice," click "animations."

Posted by Klarth

No!

edit: directed at xile. And ****, that password won't work for Linko's vgc account!

Posted by Slade

ZOMG IM RIDLEY, I have decided. I shall edit in the pic I find.

stupid mdb

Whichever works better to further this great cause.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Klarth: No!

edit: directed at xile. And ****, that password won't work for Linko's vgc account!

HEY-HO!

Let me be in it. =(

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Klarth: And ****, that password won't work for Linko's vgc account!

Lol, I'm not that stupid.

Posted by Klarth

DEBATABLE, MY FRIEND! DEBATABLE!

[quote]Let me be in it. =(
Give me thirty-seven good reasons I should do that.

Because I want him in :(

Posted by Klarth

So who should be ousted?

Anyway, here's what I have so far.

I did the pixellated look to make it more akin to an actual screen from a game - It'll all be polished later though.

Posted by The Judge

Ha, I love it.

The background should be a different color than blue though, since we are DA and whathaveyou.

And it should say something other than "heroes."

Quoted post: I did the pixellated look to make it more akin to an actual screen from a game - It'll all be polished later though.

That's actually really well done. Good job.

Posted by Klarth

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Klarth:

K, see what you're doing there Klarth? You know, just taking the picture and cutting out the face, and putting it on that GIF? That's what I meant, as opposed to just shrinking the image to show all of him. Just the face. AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE THAT COVERED. So I don't need to post a picture beyond what I already posted.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=The Judge]You know, just taking the picture and cutting out the face, and putting it on that GIF? That's what I meant, as opposed to just shrinking the image to show all of him. Just the face.
I have NO idea what the hell you just tried to say.

Once I've filled the gold grid with mini-icons I'm going to have a different version for each person - For instance, Miso's finished one will have Sniper Wolf and his name on the left, and a player one icon on his portrait in the bottom-right.

Posted by Corrupt

...I thought I was in as well? Apparently there's not enough room for me, from what it looks like.

If you could possibly make room, that'd be nice! But I don't want you to if it's too big of an inconvenience.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Corrupt: ...I thought I was in as well? Apparently there's not enough room for me, from what it looks like.

If you could possibly make room, that'd be nice! But I don't want you to if it's too big of an inconvenience.

I put you on the list, SEE BELOW:
Though, I'm not sure about Xile...
[quote]Ant
Klarth
Judge
Dreadnought
Xile
LoS
Zeta
Rogey
Misoxeny
DarksongX
Vampiro
Stalolin
Linko
Slade
Corrupt- Rupty's in
Sapphire

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, sorry. I judged that by looking at Klarth's "layout" post, didn't see my name, lol oh woe is me etc etc. So there are sixteen people and only fifteen spaces... guess someone will have to be excluded from this...?

Posted by Roger Smith

Like I said, I don't think Klarth is gonna include ExoXile. If so he'll replace him with you.

Even if we do run out of room, he can always make a hidden "Secret Character" block out to the side:cool:

Posted by Slade

I think secret character blocks should be added for everyone who should be in. That automatically includes Exo because his nonsensical shnarfling is an integral part of DA.

and because Vamp said so

Posted by ExoXile

OMFG, ME, EXCLUDED!?
I think I should call suicide hotline, or grab a sandwich.
Either's good.

No secret character block. That will just queer it up, unless someone can figure out a way to use it well.

Posted by Linko_16

I know what to do. In order to achieve a secret character in the normal game, you have to move your character select cursor in a specific sequence until you move it to a space outside of the ordinary selection grid. All we have to do is pick one of those special character sequences (I remember Roll's very well, and she appeared on the right side, so the square wouldn't get in the way) until the special character appears. That way everyone gets a chance to be displayed.

Will many people get the unlocking-a-secret-character joke? Probably not, but at least there'll be room for everyone. All we have to do is decide which DAer is most worthy of being a secret character.

EDIT - It will be even more bad-*** if we get sprites of a hand adjusting an arcade-style joystick. We could put that in the lower-right so it wouldn't get in the way, either.

That's pretty awesome. If Klarth is capable of doing it, then by G[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d, let it be done.

Posted by Klarth

O_O''

I'd rather just have a block off to the side.

Posted by Roger Smith

LOL.....Yeah, my idea may not be as full of win as Linko's...but it's simpler. Making GIFs that have lots of frames can get tedious, so simple is awsome when it comes to GIF's, plus it'll knock the size down a little bit.

Posted by Stalolin

Here's a screen with a secret character if you want it.

look at how cute roll is

[IMG]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3172/untitledou5.png[/IMG]

Posted by Slade

With that font it looks like "Troll" at a glance and I was like wtf? And I never before realized that MvC went from about 16 characters to like a quarter million.

I'm a little confused with people still posting new pairs of pics to use. Just tell me, Klarth, am I good to go?

Posted by The Judge

You need a small and a big one.

Posted by Slade

[url=http://lock07.free.fr/Metroid/Super%20Metroid%20boite.png]This[/url] for the small and [url=http://www.planetezebes.com/supermetroid//artworks/008.jpg]this[/url] for the large.

Okay, can you crop Ridley out of the first one for the small? I can't find a good red picture of him.

Posted by Ant

I like what has been discussed today. Make it so.

Posted by Dreadnought

Oh, be quiet, you.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Roger Smith: LOL.....Yeah, my idea may not be as full of win as Linko's...but it's simpler. Making GIFs that have lots of frames can get tedious, so simple is awsome when it comes to GIF's, plus it'll knock the size down a little bit.

Roll's sequence actually only repeats one character, Spiderman. You start at Zangief, trace an "S" all the way down to Gambit, go up once onto Captain America, right onto Venom, up twice (passing over Spidey again) to Captain Commando, then left twice to unlock her square.

It was just a suggestion. If you guys'd rather not bother, that's cool too. But I still support the hand-moving-joystick idea, if we can get ahold of sprites.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, that would be a good idea. The cursor anyways, not that whole zig zag thing :P

man, I'd totally hit roll.

Posted by Ant

Sadly, she isn't a very good character in game :(

Yeah, that's why I didn't say "man, I'd totally use her in MvC," stupid.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't recall ever "unlocking" her...

Posted by Klarth

You know what I wish would come out in the west? Namco x Capcom.

Chun-Li, Megaman, Jin Kazama and Kos-Mos in the same game = automatic win.

Posted by Roger Smith

I've been gone for 2 days. Any updates?

Posted by Klarth

I don't have any time for this ****. Next time Roger's on AIM I'm giving him the psd.