Civil War

Posted by powerpuff

Is anyone reading that new Marvel event Civil War.

Posted by dodge

i am and i think its coolwho side are u on im on captain americas

Posted by Big Boss

Are you kidding me? I can't wait for the next issue. I'm buying every single Civil War book as soon as they become available. Personally, I'm on the side of registration. Being a hero isn't about "tradition" or outdated values that don't apply in a world where a single, unarmed individual can be as dangerous as a nuclear weapon. Being a hero is about protecting the weak, about sacrificing yourself for the weak, something which Cap has completely forgotten. I don't think it's the perfect solution, however, but it's the best one available.

Posted by Apathetic

They made a book on this? Is it easy to find or is it like internet hard?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Apathetic: They made a book on this? Is it easy to find or is it like internet hard?

It's a comic book.

Posted by Fate

Registration is for fascists.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Princess Fate: Registration is for fascists.

Call it whatever you want. That's just a word. Safety of the weak comes first.

Posted by Fate

It's called fascism. There wouldn't be a need for registration if one person didn't **** it up for everyone. The heroes save lives.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Princess Fate: It's called fascism. There wouldn't be a need for registration if one person didn't **** it up for everyone. The heroes save lives.

It wasn't one person, but multiple people and events that led to it. Regular people aren't and don't feel safe anymore with superheroes around, unless they're being kept under watch. Now the ones that actually can save lives without losing them will continue to do so, and everyone else must register as well to set an example, so no discrimination is made between the supertypes.

Posted by Fate

If they register, they'll all be dogs of S.H.I.E.L.D., a corrupted group that went to **** after Nick Fury left. Rounding up the superheroes that were given, like, a day to think about it? Attacking Captain ****ing America? No, it's wrong. It's like rounding up Jews or rounding up black people for the "safety of our nation".

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Not to beat a dead horse and revive such an old topic but recently I have been getting into comics a lot lately, a hidden passion I had all my life just never the time or effort to get my collection started. I all ways loved Marvel, their characters, everything about them and now that I am 20 years old I am finally starting my long awaited comic collection!

Back on topic, I can’t express my opinion too much on the civil war, because I have not read them all (waiting for the hardcover instead of looking for all of the back issues) but I have come to the conclusion that Iron Man is the biggest b*itch ever, honestly. His only super human power is to get drunk and make poor decisions. Who is he to say what superheroes are to do with their powers, being born with powers is a personal privilege. When Iron Man took off his suit at the avengers house and “talked” to ‘Cap one on one, I wished ‘Cap would of just sliced his head off right than and there with his shield, and end this series. (Not saying the story it’s bad or anything!) ‘Cap fights for the people of America, not the American government. He does what’s right for the people.

Posted by Fate

I think Iron Man has a good idea, but he's going the wrong way about it. Cap has the right idea too, but what' he's doing isn't all that right either.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Superhero Registration Act can be likened pretty closely to the Protection of German Blood and Honour Act of 1933, but I won't go into that. Is it just me, or is Captain America one of the biggest traps in comic books? Before you read a story including him, you believe he's the corniest idea for a superhero ever.

Then he kicks some people. In the face.

Plus, backstory is good!

Posted by Fate

It's over. :(