Nintendo Monopoly!

Posted by Dexter

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=USMN005135

Monopoly's such a great game. My basic Monopoly board is so old and I have been meaning to upgrade it. It's a good thing this is on the way, for now it makes my upgrade even better!

[IMG]http://images.entertainmentearth.com//AUTOIMAGES/USMN005135lg.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Roger Smith

Holy **** I will purchase.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

That, sir, is one hell of a worthy purchase I must..... purchase.

Posted by Dexter

There's a image of the board in my Electronic Gaming magazine but it is small and it is difficult to make out the details. It looks like a sweet establishment. I'll certainly be getting it when it is released.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Last time i played a board game was during last year's hurricane season here in Florida when the power was out for almost a week. I don't ever play board games, though i loved Monopoly back in the day. But i'm definitely buying this as a collectible item. It just looks like something cool to own.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

I don't know the last time I played a board game, but I do remember the last time I played Monopoly. It was the basic board. We rented a house by the Oregon coast for the weekend and my nephews and I played it when the rest of the family went to bed. We had a blast. I remember we talked about what editions they should make and I jokingly said a Nintendo edition would be amusing.

Posted by Roger Smith

I haven't played Monopoly in months.

But if I buy this, I know my mom and sis won't play with me cuz they're not into video games at all.

I can hear my mom now: Mushroom Kingdom....what the **** is a Mushroom Kingom?

Posted by Arcadios

I was going to make this thread but didn't have the balls for it. :(
I'll get it since my friend and I always play Monopoly
I call the Mario piece!

Posted by Dexter

I don't think they'll have character pieces, but instead have items, such as the Triforce.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Here.if you haven't seen it already.
[img]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/boardgames_1908_79084011[/img]

Posted by Arcadios

Mario Hate pwns!
I call it!
lol Mario is boardwalk too.

Posted by Dexter

Is that the turtle shell? I call it!

Posted by Arcadios

Yup there's Mario's hat, Koopa shell, Link's shield, Link's metal boots, DK's barrel and NES controller.

I'll go with Mario's hat first if not then the NES controller.

Posted by Dexter

I thought this game was supposed to go up to 8 players, yet there are only 6 items? Didn't the regular board have 8 items for 8 players?

Posted by Roxas Lover

From what I have read on here http://www.boardgames.com/nimo.html,it looks like some the collector’s editions are 2-6 players.

Posted by Axis

I always like to play board games like this and Monopoly. So this is a must get for me.

Posted by Zeta

There's no Metroid piece, and the spaces are characters instead of locations. This angers me.

Posted by Linko_16

I am frustrated by this for reasons mentioned by Zeta.

But I'll still keep an eye on my store's board game section for this.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: There's no Metroid piece, and the spaces are characters instead of locations. This angers me.

I was just going to say that. I really expected a morph ball piece. But yeah, why wouldn't they have put some thought into and made locations... you know, locations? Pretty lame.

But I'd buy it anyways.

Posted by Drewboy64

They need more pieces, like a morphball and an arwing. But the turtle shell is awesome.

Posted by maian

Ha, I saw this a few weeks ago. If you look at the old news articles at Zeldauniverse, it shows pictures of the board and pictures.

...Or you could just Google it.

I think the pieces were:

Iron Boots
Hyrule Shied/Master sword
Mario Hat
DK barrel
NES controller

Lamely, all the properties are characters. lolwtf

EDIT: should've read the rest of the thread. :cookie:

Posted by sniper

I already have the original version and Edna Krabopoly. I don't think I'll need a third.

Posted by muffla

im gonna buy this and it will b my third monoply game (i got orginal form my great grandma and corvettee 50 anavasary) i call the shell every time

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The Chance cards are question mark blocks and the Community Chests are coins. Awesome.

At least they've made an attempt to group the characters together as properties - Wario and Waluigi as well as Kirby, King Dedede and Metaknight etc.

Posted by D.J Cat

It looks quite good, but as has been said locations should be...locations.

I'll try and get it one day...

Posted by DPDude

That looks pretty sweet. Amazing how many editions of Monopoly exist out there...

I'm still waiting for a Debunified edition Monopoly.

Posted by s0ul

Anyone make out what the orange is?

Posted by Arcadios

Orange is Metriod.

http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2006/06/monopoly_ninten.html

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Metroid

ninja'd

Posted by Noir

AIEE! Man...I claim Link's boots....
I think this is one of Nintendo's best ideas as far as marketing goes. Even I would buy it! But, knowing them, they're probably going to make it extremely hard to find, as well as expensive. *sigh* At least I know something like that exists.

Posted by Arcadios

I think since it's a monopoly game it will be mass produced and I'll probably find it in my local Toys'R'us with the other 50 editions of monopoly.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Shadow Elf: But, knowing them, they're probably going to make it extremely hard to find, as well as expensive.

If you're talking about Nintendo, they're not the ones who'll be in charge of marketing this game. If it would be hard to find, it'd be because USAopoly can only expect a limited interest, and I doubt they would make it more expensive than other special edition Monopoly games.

Since when has Nintendo made stuff expensive and hard to find anyway?

Posted by Dexter

My Nintendo Monopoly came in the mail today. We got home too late tonight to play a game but tomorrow night me and my nieces and nephews are going to play it. We haven't opened it yet to scrutinize it, but we're sure it's going to be great. I'll get back to you guys the day after tomorrow to tell you more of my thoughts. Did anyone else order this yet? I ordered it off Amazon.

Posted by neonmole

Ooo wow! I'll have to ask Santa to bring me this for Christmas! I have an original Monopoly board, however it was my brothers and it's about 20 years old! I also have travel Monopoly and the Yorkshire edition.

Posted by Speedfreak

The whole board should be GameBoy.

Posted by Apathetic

This will be one awesome monoply set, Id hit it.

Posted by Reachel

Hey, Nintendo Monopoly looks awesome, but no matter how I look at it I would probably fail at it lol. My friend beat me everytime we played it and I doubt that it would be any different. Anyway, yeah that would be a new refresher in the monopoly game!

Posted by neonmole

Quoting D.J Cat: It looks quite good, but as has been said locations should be...locations.

I'll try and get it one day...

The locations should be locations of places in Nintendo games, like Hyrule.

Posted by Dexter

Just got done playing a game. I actually lost, but I'm definitely better with finances in real life!!! :mad: