Reason Behind Name

Posted by Arcadios

What is the reason behind your name?

For me, I like Mario and read on his tropy in SSBM that he is also known as Mr.Nintendo and so I've adopted that name as my own.

Posted by Random

Oh I don't know.. Maybe because i'm Random at times.

=P Yeaaaa

Posted by Roxas Lover

There is no real reason I came up with this name.
I guess the reason why I made this my user name is because Roxas is my favorite character in the Kingdom Heart's series.

Posted by NeXidala

My name scrambled, with an X in it...

Posted by Dexter

Decided not to use Dexter at first because there was another well-known members at the time named Dex and I didn't want to get us confused. He gradually disappeared so I changed it to Dexter, a nickname I received many years ago.

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting NeXidala: My name scrambled, with an X in it...

daniela?

I made my screen name a while back....Its not any asian name, just something i made up.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It was originally Vampiro V. Empire, then I shortened. No reason behind it, I just mashed the name of a wrestler and a ninja gaiden reference into one name.

Posted by Slade

My brother made a couple save files on my games years ago as Slade. At the time I'd never heard of the 15 million things that have that name. And I like the way it sounds in my head.

theorem, my old name, was the name of an electronica group and I thought it sounded cool. But then I started doing theorems in math and school in general so I changed it. :mad:

Posted by FIST OF FURY

i like to kickbox. i also do boxing.

Posted by Demonblade

found the name in a book years ago, written by David Gemmel

Posted by Alastor

The villain from Viewtiful Joe 1. Later found out it's got some various meanings behind it in terms of mythology, which is neat.

Posted by Xenos

Well, at first I was Kuyuki .... I forgot why. Then I changed my name to Zephyr Blade 'cause it sounds cool, they I went on to Shadow blade, Terran Incognita [don't ask], Xenogenesis ['cause of Xenogears] and then I dropped off "genesi" due to getting lazy.

Posted by Crazy K

I got the name from making a wrestler on WWF Smackdown 2, then I just signed up with the name Crazy K.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro: It was originally Vampiro V. Empire, then I shortened. No reason behind it, I just mashed the name of a wrestler and a ninja gaiden reference into one name.

VIGOOR EMPIRE!

Oh yeah, Big O.

Posted by Echo

Hahaha, mine's super lame.

I was orignally Echo1. This comes from The Empire Strikes Back. The name of the hidden Rebel base on Hoth was Echo Base, and so the Taun Taun riders were "Echo" squadron. When Han and Luke are out on the Taun Tauns at the beginning, Luke identifies himself as Echo 3 and Han is Echo 7. (http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/esb-script.shtml) The number 1 is generally the leader of a squadron, such as Rogue Leader, so Echo 1 would be Echo Leader.

Everyone just called me "Echo", so when I first had to re-register at an upgrade, I just registered as Echo.

I'm so lame my story had a citation. :(

Posted by Demonblade

that was a rather....in depth explanation.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Demonblade: that was a rather....in depth explanation.

That's because it's more than "lol I thought it sounded cool", and if I just said "It's from ESB", I'm sure most people here have seen the movie and still wouldn't know just what part I'm referencing.

And it's not like it took me long to write or you long to read.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Because I've never seen a blue rose in real life, and I find it to be the most beautiful thing I've ever heard of and imagined.

Sapphire is my favorite hue of blue.

Put the two together and what do you get?

Posted by Klarth

The only names worth remembering:

fnool - Philip K Dick wrote a short story called "The War With The Fnools" in which the Fnools were midget aliens who took the form of insurance salesmen and Volkswagen mechanics.

Molinari - Protagonist of Philip K Dick's Now Wait For Last Year.

Mostly Harmless - Title of Douglas Adams' final Hitchiker book.

Majesty - Dream Theater's former name.

Klarth - One of the main characters of Tales of Phantasia.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Blame my Birth Certificate!!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Ayu

Mine is the same as Nex's. My name, scrambled, with an x in it.
----------------
[quote]Because I've never seen a blue rose in real life, and I find it to be the most beautiful thing I've ever heard of and imagined. That's cool. I've always thought you had an awesome avatar.

Posted by jefferey shalome

I kept wanting to call Tupac Shakur Tupac Shalom When i was little. So, I decided i would make a name as opposite of his as i could. Instead of being a Black gangsta rappa, i am a white nerd. I just mispelled shalom to shalome when i entered it am too lazy to change it.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

It was my fan character's name then my nickname and now my username.

Posted by ExoXile

2-3 Years ago biking one day, and ExoXile just got into my mind.
Used it ever since.

Before that I was Cloud_Ex_Soldier. -_-'

Quoted post: Before that I was Cloud_Ex_Soldier. -_-'

lol i remember that

Good times.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: lol i remember that

Good times.

Have I climber'd up the enklish ladder somewhat?:big_bird:

Posted by Klarth

No, because you still like FFVII and you have terrible taste. :)

Posted by Ch

User 245: I just shortened the "Username" from the registration box to "User" and just put a 245 after because it was the first three letters in a code on a box.

Chépito: It was the name of a Red Lored Amazon parrot that my aunt had.
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/User245/Picture034.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Dog

My first one sucked. This ones better, but i can never think of the perfect one.

Their was no reason for both. I couldn't think of anything.

Quoted post: You should've seen me 3 years ago.

It's true. I remember when I first saw you online. Oh lawd, I pretty much hated you.

Now those were good times.

Posted by ExoXile

Now you just can't stop lovin' me.:cool2:

It's true. I would know.

Posted by Kanashuri

Thats really sweet of you

Posted by WackoHater2

Well, I always seem to think of a name, and then hate it a day and a half later. This one I like. Any WWE fans will know where I got it from. Rey Mysterio is one of my favorite wrestlers. I used to be known as +.+GamePro+.+ a while back.

Posted by Zeta

Metal Sonic Zeta: Metal Sonic was taken, so I just tacked 'Zeta' on. Eventually I got rid of the 'Metal Sonic' part.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, I got the "Fei-on" part from SaGa Frontier. I didn't really like the character Fei-on much, but I liked his name. So I made it my name. The "Castor" is actually part of my real last name, Castorina. I got the idea to use "Castor" for a few reasons.

I was originally "Fei-on Orion" at a few chatrooms, when I was younger. But at the time, we had internet through earthlink, and our username was castor and our password was castor5. I was like, "Wow, 'Castor' is even cooler than 'Orion'". Plus, the "on" at the end of "Fei-on" sounded too much like the "on" at the end of "orion", so I became "Fei-on Castor" and several variations of it, like "feioncastor", "Fei-on" and so forth.

I've often wondered if I should capitalize the "O" and make it "Fei-On", but it looks kinda goofy, so I've always decided against it.

Posted by Corrupt

I remember about a month after registering and using the name "tehbowser," I realized "Hey, you know... even though Bowser is still as badass as he ever was, this name kinda sucks :(". At the time I didn't think I could get my name changed, until I saw a fellow named poo_pie get his name magically transformed into "Bebop." Intrigued as to how this took place, I PMed him asking where I could get my name changed. He told me to PM Jesse, and I promptly did so. I was having a bit of difficulty choosing names, but I eventually decided on what you see now, "Corrupt." It was either that or "Distortion;" I'm glad I went with the former. And there was one day where I had my name changed to "Razorback" (named after a favorite Juno Reactor song of mine), but in the same day I had it changed back because I realized how stupid it was to change your name after you've already established yourself in the community under another name.

Sure, this post was longer than it had to be, but detailed posts are fun!

Posted by Delilah

A dumb story I wrote when I was like seven about dragons. I only have the sn "ladydragonrider" for the sake of tradition.

Posted by Cronoan

Mine's similar. A "cronoan" or whatever, I threw together like 8 years ago for a story I was writing (LOL 8th grade, that story sucked). "Crono" is time and the suffix "-oan" usually denotes a person or people. "Minoans" for example were a civilization. So basically, "Time warrior" is what I was going for. Dumb reason I know, but I rather like the name. :D

Posted by Ant

Ant is short for my real life first name, Anthony. Dur.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Aioros is the legendary Saggitarius Saint from Saint Seiya, the greatest anime ever. He's the guy in my avatar.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sean the Wicked

At first my name was SSJGohan, because at the time I believed Dragonball Z was the greatest show on Earth and etc. I eventually changed that to many other things involving DBZ and came upon using SSJ Sean (and many incarnations of SSJ# Sean).

After getting more into video games, I started to play the Tekkan series and found my favorite character: Bryan Fury. Therefore I decided to adopt his last name and than I thought it sounded cool, so it just stuck. Further on down the road many more names would come up, generally just random names, but that's about it. Finally, after playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for a long time and becoming another Albel fanboy, I stole his title (Albel the Wicked) and added it to my name. Ta-da.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

At first my name was SSJGohan, because at the time I believed Dragonball Z was the greatest show on Earth and etc. I eventually changed that to many other things involving DBZ and came upon using SSJ Sean (and many incarnations of SSJ# Sean).

After getting more into video games, I started to play the Tekkan series and found my favorite character: Bryan Fury. Therefore I decided to adopt his last name and than I thought it sounded cool, so it just stuck. Further on down the road many more names would come up, generally just random names, but that's about it. Finally, after playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for a long time and becoming another Albel fanboy, I stole his title (Albel the Wicked) and added it to my name. Ta-da.

Posted by Arwon

It's the closest thing I have to a hometown, spelt backwards. It was also the name of a racehorse a long time ago, and now the name of a few local businesses. I use it because it's short, simple, and fairly unique as a username.

Posted by mis0

Misoxeny is fairly obscure English word that means "the hatred of strangers" which I believe describes me fairly well - I'm hostile to people I don't know because of my past.

And that's as simple as it gets. :)

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Misoxeny: Misoxeny is fairly obscure English word that means "the hatred of strangers" which I believe describes me fairly well - I'm hostile to people I don't know because of my past.

And that's as simple as it gets. :)

[COLOR="Yellow"]You sound like my dog. He's always barking at strangers.[/COLOR]

Posted by LHoT

[SIZE="7"]L[/SIZE]ink [SIZE="7"]H[/SIZE]ero [SIZE="7"]o[/SIZE]f [SIZE="7"]T[/SIZE]ime

Posted by G-Sides

Posted by Red

ooo that explains it

Posted by Slim

Quoting Mr.Red: ooo that explains it

NO it most certainly does NOT! It doesn't explain anything at all!

On a related note. My first account here at VGChat was named Mechanoid Man or some **** like that. Mr. Red might remember, he helped me sign up. Anyway, i soon forgot about that (or rather the password) and signed up once more as Mr.Perfect. As Mr.Perfect I advertised my forum and was instantaneously banned. I learned that advertising was frowned upon...obviously. That account lasted about 4 hours. Several months passed and my life had taken a course not including VGChat. I had signed up at many other forum websites under the name Alelluia_LOCKandLOAD; this being my favourite line, from my favourite new found song, Thank you for the Venom by My Chemical Romance. Soon afterwards I bought the game Animal Crossing : Wild World. I named my character Slim so that when spoken to it would seem as if the villagers had given him a nickname. About a week later I came across an Animal Crossing forum at work. Instantly I made the decisionthat Slim should be my name, seeing as Slim was my name in AC:WW, and the connection was obvious. Since then I've created many accounts on various forums under the names Slim or Call me Slim depending on whether or not Slim had been taken. I came across VGChat for the third time and decided that i should rejoin, and now you see me here, named Slim. A story that could go something like this.....

Slim was my name in AC:WW so I named myself Slim.

Posted by NEMI

Meh, no reason at all is just the shortie of my name ;)

Posted by Kit

I liked the look of Kirby when he swallowed Mr. Game & Watch in Super Smash Bros: Melee, But I'm not exactly gonna call myself "MRGAMEANDWATCHKIRBY." So, yeah.

Posted by WackoHater2

There are a few reasons behind my current name. Lets begin.

-I love Panic! at the Disco
-I used to use the name Full On Panic in chat rooms a while back.
-I just like the way it sounds, and so do a few other people.

Posted by powerpuff

I got banned for no reason but decided to join again and pulled a name out of my ***.

Posted by WackoHater2

Thats usually where I get my names Powerpuff. Lol.

Posted by chaser3592

simple i am a kh fanatic so as a montage to the unrealeased game i chose chaser and added my birth date noobish i now but who cares

Posted by Fate

I thought "Fate" was more serious than "Princess Kitty", so picked it. Then I realized I really am one of those OMG girls that everyone hates-- and I can't change that!-- so I added a "Princess" in front of "Fate". I like it.

Posted by Phantasma2

I wanted a name change. I made a thread about name change in DA, I had a Phantasmagoria sig at that time and thanks to that sig Vampiro used a dictionary site with the name Phantasm. I scrolled down a lil' bit on that page and saw Phantasma, that means Fantasma in spanish THAT MEANS Ghost.

And the Gundelhell_Wielder username was from Boktai.

Posted by Dog

My username is reasonless. If i think of another one thats alot better, I might get it changed.

Posted by Breakman

i had originally joined like april 2001 as 'sandslash', my favorite pokemon. about a month later, i had realised i should probably use a cooler, more 'i'm - older - than - 12' sounding name for the place, so I thought long and hard and came up with 'breakman', based on the guise Protoman, my favorite Mega Man character, took in Mega Man 3, my favorite game of the series.

note: look at avatar