The Hills Have Eyes

Posted by WackoHater2

I dunno if anyone made a thread for this movie a while back when it came out or not.. but I had a few questions about it. Some of the questions I have contain spoilers, just as a warning to anyone who wants to but hasnt seen this movie yet.

[spoiler]At the end of the movie, for anyone that has seen it, there is another person watching the 4 survivors. I believe this is the bald woman that is combing her wig when the guy with glasses (I forget his name in the movie) sneaks in and takes his baby back. If you pay attention, at the end of the movie, the bald woman and the two children that ask the man if he wants to play with them are the only survivors. I guess it could also be one of the kids. Anyway, I was wondering if this could mean a second movie. What do you all think?[/spoiler]

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm not sure if that was her or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if a sequel was made. I don't know why a sequel should be made, but I suppose there's room.

Is this out on dvd yet? I'm not going to buy it, but I'm just curious. Also, how does the original fair when compaired to the remake?

Posted by WackoHater2

Yes, its out on DVD. I just recently rented it. And I havent seen the original, so I cant compare.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Both movies are terrible. I don't know why they choice a source material such as the original Hills Have Eyes when it was notoriously bad. Just another case of Hollywood producing subpar horror.

Posted by temari

the hills have eye wasn't too bad ,but too wasn't great either . I personally liked it because i live in new mexico,and it was kind of educational (history wise).but they could of intensified the gore a bit.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yes, it was very educational. Hills Have Eyes was a very educational movie, wasn't it?

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Vampiro: Yes, it was very educational. Hills Have Eyes was a very educational movie, wasn't it?

Yes, it was.. if you wanna learn to hit a freak in the back with an axe.

Posted by temari

Quoting Vampiro: Yes, it was very educational. Hills Have Eyes was a very educational movie, wasn't it?

what I meant by educational was that you learn about what the government did to these people and what the outcome of the bombs tested in that area were and how the people derived from that...even if they had canabilistic retaliations!(devilish grin!!)

Posted by Jazz

Yeah, i really liked that movie, it was you say very educational.

Posted by WackoHater2

I think that it was a bit educational in that way, sure. I hadn't really thought about it that way. In all honesty though, I could care less about the educational parts of a movie, as long as someone gets brutually murdered and there is lots of blood all over the place.

Posted by Jazz

Well, i personally liked watching it the second time.

Posted by WackoHater2

Normally when I get a movie from Netflix, I watch it once and then send it back the following morning. The Hills Have Eyes I watched three times, closed it, reopened it, watched it twice more, and finally sent it back.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Panic: I think that it was a bit educational in that way, sure. I hadn't really thought about it that way. In all honesty though, I could care less about the educational parts of a movie, as long as someone gets brutually murdered and there is lots of blood all over the place.

You could care less, huh?

Simple pleasures for simple minds.

Posted by Jazz

So you Obviously liked it a lot!

Posted by WackoHater2

Yes, a lot. And Raptor, I take what you said as a compliment. I do have a very simple mind. The smallest things, such as chasing a fly around the house trying to kill it amuse me. And anything educational bores me. Well, most of the time. In English we're learning about Caeser and the Roman Empire. It's pretty interesting. And we get to watch Gladiator. That's a great movie too.

Posted by Shade

I liked Hills Have Eyes. It wasn't really that scary, but there were some really cool and bloody scenes.

Posted by temari

Quoting Panic: I think that it was a bit educational in that way, sure. I hadn't really thought about it that way. In all honesty though, I could care less about the educational parts of a movie, as long as someone gets brutually murdered and there is lots of blood all over the place.

that's important ,too!! a good horror flick is good for much without gore

Posted by Jazz

Yeah, it really wasn't that scary. Temari don't say anything.

Posted by temari

Quoting Jazz: Yeah, it really wasn't that scary. Temari don't say anything.

what do you mean don't say anything? I agree It wasn't scary ,but I called it a horror flick because it would make people that don't like sadistic cruelty,and gore puke their ****ing guts out