Gaming Funds

Posted by Arcadios

I don't know if this would go in the off-topic board or general gaming chat.

Where do you get the money for your video gaming needs?

I have a job at my dad's repair shop so I work there to get what I need for games.

Posted by NeXidala

Parents.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Job. Honestly, though, in the last 3 years, I've spent less than $400 on games, and most of that was in the cost of my ps2. I've only got like 4 or 5 games. The most recent games I bought were guitar hero (new) and GT4 (used) both in the last week.

In a month or two, I'll be spending probably about a thousand or so on game related items when I purchase a new computer. I can hardly wait to watch my bank account go from 4 digits to 1.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

From the money I saved up when I had a job. Though I don't plan on buying any games (with the exception of Dead Rising) until I get another job. So it all works out.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Dumb AND pointless.

I'm considering going for a 360 before I get the pc. If I do though, I'll have to buy a router and get wireless set up, since there isnt anywhere for the 360's ethernet to connect to.:( That aside, there are a few games that I'd love playing on 360.

Right now I'm leaning towards the new pc, but it could go either way. The 360 has the benefit of being cheaper, while the pc has the benefit of being more generally useful.

Posted by Roger Smith

If your wanting to get a PC, wait. Because at the end of this year, or early next year VISTA will be released, along with the next gen video cards, and current video cards and other components' prices will drop.

But if you want the 360, get it. Plain and simple. It's easier to find now, and there are some killer games are starting to come out for it.

Posted by Arcadios

I've always wanted to get a 360 but I'm a worried if my money will go to a worth while thing since my friends 360 recently broke down but I might just wait for some news about malfunctions and problems.

Posted by Roger Smith

I think it's safe to get a 360 now, since Microsoft has had ample time to fix whatever problems that plauged the 360. If it breaks, just send it back to Microsoft and get your money back or get it repaired.

Posted by Arcadios

Thanxs for the advise but I'm gonna eventually have to get 360 to play Halo .
So how do you get your fundings for games, Roger?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: since my friends 360 recently broke down but I might just wait for some news about malfunctions and problems.

Those are fixed. The chances of it happening are incredibly slim.

Posted by Kanashuri

I have to resort to stealing them? Poverty, eh?

Posted by Random

I spend my money from work on games. I mean granted there maybe a family member that will give me a game for christmas or something once in a while but it's not often.

With the cost of games going up it's making it a little harder to keep buying games while they're "new." Usually by waiting a few months they'll already drop in price.

I've done this in the past as well...

I waited for:

Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
Fable: Lost Chapters (XB)
Star Wars KOTOR (XB)
Rise of Nations (PC)
DBZ Budokai (GCN)

along with others I can't remember at this time to drop to $20.

Posted by Klarth

My mother, my job, selling ****.

Posted by The Judge

My job

Posted by Zeta

The crapload of cash I get at Christmas and my birthday, as well as from little jobs I do every now and then.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Mr.Nintendo:
So how do you get your fundings for games, Roger?

From my stash I've saved up from previous job.

Posted by Dexter

Working. I make enough money so I can buy whatever gaming needs I have.

Posted by Boner

I have a union job making $36/hour. In the past two years, I have spent well over $2,000 on video games, including vintage stuff. That does not include the price of the HD ready 52" rear projection tv I bought this year and put in my bedroom.

Posted by Slade

Working outside at home(nevar fun nor easy), and working at my neighbor's house(animals!:D). I want to sell some stuff on eBay, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I don't really have plans to buy games any time soon.

I usually try to do the thing someone said about waiting till the price drops, but by that time I don't really care anymore and end up not buying it.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I believe I stated this in another topic, but video game funds are filed under "Market Research" in my business budget. My signature offers clues as to how that is accomplished.

Posted by Echo

My job and birthday/Christmas. I also nearly always wait for a game to go for $20 or less. I still haven't gotten Metroid Prime 2, but I'll probably get it within a week because my birthday is next Thursday. I think the last console game I paid full price for was Paper Mario 2, and I have no idea what it was before that. DS games I'll pay the full $35 they normally cost, but I can often get them for $30, which isn't bad.

Posted by Demonblade

I work for my money. I pay for my games with the money the air force pays me. Hopefully in four years when i get out of the military, i can keep my same job...but be a civilian instead making $1.50 a minute.

Posted by Crazy K

I used to babysit every weeked or so for 10 dollars a night. But that got old and ended. I might apply for a job at my local video rental store to get some cash for when I want to get a WII and maybe a 360 or PS3 afterwards.

Posted by TendoAddict

Birth-Day , christmas, savings, mooching.

my parents wont let me get a job so Im stuck to that.

But its ok because most often time the best games/ systems come out at X-mas. But I hope to buy more when i get a job.

Posted by Burn

I work two jobs, which helps, but im not advocating work two jobs to increase gaming funds as it's tiring and decreases the amount of time you have for yourself. But i would look at budget. First, you can always re-sell games that you don't absolutely have to keep. That's one good way of keeping funds coming in. Another way is to buy pre-played games. I use gamefly for pre-played games a lot--very good prices and games are in great condition (for 360 games they're almost brand new)....

Posted by Arczu

I a got a tree of funds... well sortof. How much of it I put into games really depends.

Birthday cash (as lame/low as it is)
Job + Bonuses + Shift Premiums
Recently got a minor bingo game (extra $500)
Favors with returns.
Schysterd a friend out of $80 because he bet with me without thinking.

Even with all this, I still don't spend more than $250 a month on games. I try to limit the amount of money spent so that I can build my savings up. (I'll break this when the Wii comes though).

Posted by XeroPercent

Quoting Arczu][size=4]

Posted by Arczu

"Perks"?

I almost misread that as "Pricks"... heh heh.

$250 a month may seem high, but that is my LIMIT. sometimes a game can cost $60 or I need accesories. I don't even reach that high often though. It's not like every month I spend $200 on games alone. That would be like $2000+ a year.

I don't have to pay for anything like rent or stuff yet because I'm still with my parents (along with my older sisters and brother).

Posted by Bebop

I have a job and I used to spent quite alot on games in the past. I used to earn

Posted by The Pain

Working for cash mostly, around $20 a week (im 14 and its a job i got from my parents so its low on pay, unfortunatly). I honestly dont get many games anymore because i'v simply got lazy and decided not to work. Plus, making $20 a week dosent help much. The second source is from my grandma who showers me in gifts for no reason. I dont even like it. It feels like stealing but ehh... free stuff (I'm going to hell ;) ).

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]A couple of months ago my dad retired so he put me in charge of his former business which he's had for over 15 years. Now that i'm the boss of my own company which keeps growing, i make around 74,000$ a year. So, basically i'm financially set for the rest of my life. Right now i'm mostly occupied with increasing my video game collection, purchasing as many games from the current and older systems. I don't have time to play all of them, but they look nice on my shelf.[/COLOR]