Who Wants to Be a SuperHero?/Stan Lee is Doing a Reality Show?!?!?

Posted by Burn

saw this on Yahoo this morning. Sounds awesome. "The winner gets a comic book rendition of their character penned (breathlessly!) by Lee and published by Dark Horse Comics, plus a guest shot on a Sci Fi original series. Excelsior, indeed."

are you kidding? best prize ever.

Posted by Arwon

I wanna be Captain Passive-Aggressive.

You know, if that's okay with you. Its all about you, after all. Whatever makes you happy. No really, it's okay. I like obeying your every whim.

Posted by Crazy K

I been seing the commercial for days now, it sounds like a nice idea.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'd love to join that.... to bad my character would be cliche on so many levels. :(

He'd look like Tuxedo Mask (but more badassed), act like Snake, and have Ninja-ish powers that have to do with flora.

Posted by Burn

yeah, i definitely want to see it next week. I'm sure there will be some very...INTERESTING people auditioning....

Posted by ElroyJetson

Hey did anyone watch this last year? I thought it was pretty entertaining (if a little bit over the top). I'm not normally into any reality tv shows, but this one hooked me for some reason.

Probably because I was big into comics as a child. In either case season 2 is coming back this summer. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting ElroyJetson: Hey did anyone watch this last year? I thought it was pretty entertaining (if a little bit over the top). I'm not normally into any reality tv shows, but this one hooked me for some reason.

Probably because I was big into comics as a child. In either case season 2 is coming back this summer. Anyone else looking forward to it?

I am. I really liked that show.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I saw a few episodes, and it was actually pretty cool. And considering I HATE "reality" shows, that's saying something.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Quoting Grave Wisdom: I saw a few episodes, and it was actually pretty cool. And considering I HATE "reality" shows, that's saying something.

Agreed. I normally despise them. But this one spoke to my inner comic book geek and my childhood (even if it does get cheesy at times).

I'm definitely ready for this season.

Posted by veritas

Yea I watched the whole last season. ****ed me off when feedback won. I wished the ex male stripper would of won.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Yeah one of my friends was ****ed too. He was a big Major Victory fan. It didn't bother me too much that feedback won. I was just happy with the eliminations that did occur. Ready for the premiere of season 2 on the 26th?

Posted by Fate

I never found the Feedback comic. I heard from someone that it was supposed to be released in the summer but I didn't see it. :(

Posted by ElroyJetson

It's actually being released in few days...on July 4th (interesting choice), but being released nonetheless. I'm kind of looking forward to it, because they create his origin in it.

But I'm more excited for the show...JULY 26TH WOOHOO! (sorry for the excitement, it's been a boring summer)

here's the link to the comic site:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-295

Posted by ElroyJetson

Sorry for the bump...but they added a new feature where you can create your own superhero...it held my attention for a while..heres the link:

[url]www.becomeasuperhero.com[/url]

Posted by ElroyJetson

Premiere is tonight, 9pm..

they are also running a marathon of season 1 previous to the premiere.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I want to be on this show so bad!

I'd be. . . Testicleez, the Well-endowed Spartan warrior brought back through time to fight evil with my gigantic phallus shaped spear!

Posted by The Hate

I dont know i dont really like the superheroes in this one. Last year was great. The superheroes had great character (major Victory), it just seems boring this season. Did anyone see the sci fi movie with feedback in it? Cause I didnt.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Burn: Sounds awesome. "The winner gets a comic book rendition...

I stopped reading there. Unless the price is money or something worth a lot, I don't see a lot of people going for it.

There's still the opportunity to be on TV though...

Posted by The Hate

The one guy named mitzvah man or something is a millionaire. I saw him on vh1. He has a crazy huge house. His name is I think Sir Ivan. Hes pretty weird.

Posted by Fate

I went to the comic book shop and tried to get the first issue of Feedback, the first winner. **** THAT.

Posted by ElroyJetson

The show has been pretty **** entertaining so far, from a pure comedy standpoint. Mitzvah has been annoying...but hasnt detracted from the show.

Posted by The Hate

What does his gay ping pong paddle do? Is his special power the eye of the jew?

Posted by Vbty3

I don't see how he didn't have to leave...

Posted by ElroyJetson

Quoting The Hate: What does his gay ping pong paddle do? Is his special power the eye of the jew?

Sadly thats pretty close...last episode was pretty funny as well...

Posted by Vbty3

Hey look he DID get voted off in the last episode...yes!

Posted by ElroyJetson

Was kind of sad to the hottest girl on the show go home last week, but she did kind of screw up.

Stumbled on a pretty cool Stan Lee article today:
http://www.syfyportal.com/news424021.html

Posted by ElroyJetson

Thread is kind of dead, but figured I'd post since the season finale is tonight. Kind of sad to see it go...it's been pretty entertaining.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

They gonna do another season, or is it done?

Posted by The Hate

Who won, and kill me if they make another one.