Jump for joy.

Posted by Colonel

[url]www.worldjumpday.org[/url]

I was sitting in the backyard this afternoon and on the radio I heard that some wacko thinks that if he can get 60 million people to jump at the same time, the earth's orbit will become wider, thus increasing how many hours in a day, and decreasing global warming.

The project will comence on July 20th (tomorrow), at 11:39 am.

Posted by jefferey shalome

This man is a fool.

1. why should we do this? what if he is just some idiot trying to get the lazy hippies (and al gore) off of their asses.
2. if the earths orbit did move, which is impossible, then the gravitational pull between the sun, moon, and other planets will get all kerscuffled and we will either get sucked into the sun, collide into another planet or the moon, or we might all freeze to death from the sun being farther away.

Posted by NeXidala

There is no way he can assemle 60 million people to jump at the same time! I'd be surprised if he got 100,000. And plus there are different time zones. So, what is 11:39 for him, could be 2:39 for another person,thus, screwing up the time when everyone jumps!

Posted by Colonel

Quoting NeXidala: plus there are different time zones. So, what is 11:39 for him, could be 2:39 for another person,thus, screwing up the time when everyone jumps!

If you go to the website, it tells you to put in your time zone, and it will figure out the proper time for YOU to jump.

Posted by NeXidala

Ok then, how is he going to get 60 million people to visit his website then? This is the first time I heard about it, and plus, he is barely giving people the proper amount of time for them to find his website, considering he only gave it about a day?

Posted by Colonel

actually the website has been around for a while, and according to the lady on 97.7 he has alot of people to jump already. Even if this fails, imagin all the people moshing at the System of a Down concert in Torornto?

Posted by Klarth

I'm not getting up to do this.

I am so lazy. I live in a town full of lazy people. Like a lazy town. kinda stupid, huh?

Posted by Xero

Some guy in my school talked about this a couple of months ago. I dunno if this will work, but if that can bring down the heat, I'm all for it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm doing it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Uh. This will only ever have a remote chance of working if all the people were on one side of the world.

Posted by The Judge

Fun fact: If the earth's orbit was shifted by as much as even an inch away from the sun, we'd plunge into a new ice age that covered the globe, including the equator. We're perfectly aligned to hold life onour planet exactly where we are, down to the EXACT position.

Posted by Colonel

On the website it shows how many people are registerd for the jump, and its very close to the goal.

I think I'll jump for sh!ts and giggles

Ice age, eh? Better than this ****ing heat wave.

Posted by NeXidala

Dude that site looks so ignorant, like that they are about to kill us all and they still think they are gonna save the world! I remember back on 9/11 the world turned on it's axis like .0003 inches and that caused tidal waves! Imagine if they are going to cause the world to go into a whole different orbit!
Oh well, hope it all blows over by tommorow, or that most of the people forget to jump.

Posted by Shin-Ra

My grimness prevents me from jumping or feeling joy. It's true, my mom wrote a note.

Quoted post: My grimness prevents me from jumping or feeling joy. It's true, my mom wrote a note.

it's the complete opposite for my grim. The knowledge that I'm capable of throwing this world into the next ice age, thus causing an epidemic of grim and frostbitten is too overwhelming. I have to do it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: it's the complete opposite for my grim. The knowledge that I'm capable of throwing this world into the next ice age, thus causing an epidemic of grim and frostbitten is too overwhelming. I have to do it.

I saw Ice Age and it was by no means grim or misanthropic. I refuse to support the survival of retarded squirrels who suck at acorns. Plus, throwing the world into another ice age would ensure the survival of Jake Gyllenhaal, and that's not right.

You make many good points and have swayed me. **** jumping.

Posted by

dumb ****s

Posted by Raptor

Absurdly pretentious surface scum, thinking it can make such a significant difference in numbers with such little effort. If anything, I want fewer hours in my day.

"Oh yes, through our collective efforts, we can change the world to more suit our own needs, giving us more hours everyday to work, play Chronicles of Legends of Final Kingdom Empire Quest Tactics XXIV Upgrade Expansion 3, eat, and update myspace!" Too bad the sort of people who actually agree to participate in something like this aren't agreeing to jump over the edge of a cliff.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Raptor: Too bad the sort of people who actually agree to participate in something like this aren't agreeing to jump over the edge of a cliff.

Or, I hope that at the time everyone has to jump a big ass thunderstorm comes thus, causing everyone to forget jumping and getting some sense into their brains!

Posted by Vg200x

they should jump off a bridge and see if they can make a wave to iran. mwahahahha.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vg200x: they should jump off a bridge and see if they can make a wave to iran. mwahahahha.

For some strange and odd reason............I lol'd

Posted by Raptor

No, you laughed.

Posted by The Judge

Hey, she could have laughed out loud'd. Leave her be!

i lol'd

Posted by WackoHater2

I'll be jumping.. only because its the most retarted thing I have ever heard of and I am jealous that I am not the guy who thought of this.

Edit: I may not be jumping. Lol. Its at 6:39:13 here.. thats too early.. if its AM I mean.

And yes NeXidala.. lol.. I like being more retarted than others.. it pleasures me.. for some odd reason.

Posted by Colonel

it didn't work. :(

Oh well I forgot to do it anyway, I was out golfing.

I was sleeping.

Posted by Moogs

I was masterbating.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I was busy not caring...

Quoting Moogs: I was masterbating.

sounds like a good reason to me.

Posted by WackoHater2

I was sleeping.. to **** early for me.

Posted by Trigger

I heard about this sometime last year. It obviously didn't work...

Posted by higbvuyb

There was the one small problem of the Earth weighing 75,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times more than the average person.
There was also the other small problem of something called 'gravity'.

Any miniscule amount we manage to move the earth away in a jump, the weak gravity from our bodies would have just pulled it back in again.

Congratulations. You managed to move the Earth less the the radius of a single electron, and then undid your work.

Posted by Klarth

Not to mention the fact that people on opposite sides of the world would be effectively cancelling themselves out.

Posted by Xero

Quoting .hack//: it didn't work. :(

I was at work :(
Jump day< customers

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm reminded of that bridge that supposedly fell when a bunch of soldiers marched in perfect step over it. So if we all jump simultaneously to the planet's natural vibration, wouldn't the Earth explode?

Posted by Xero

I wont test it to check... :s

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Vampiro: Ice age, eh? Better than this ****ing heat wave.

I gotta spread some rep :( But I'm feeling the heat to.

Posted by Xero

Yeah its annoying. I hate it when its 35 degrees. Worse, its probably gonna go up next year. Imagine have a daily 40 degrees...insane.

Posted by Colonel

Thats like my hot tub!

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting GameMiestro: I'm reminded of that bridge that supposedly fell when a bunch of soldiers marched in perfect step over it. So if we all jump simultaneously to the planet's natural vibration, wouldn't the Earth explode?

SInce the entire earth is not a solid, it does not have a proper resonating frequency.

Posted by Trigger

Your mama is so fat that when she jump for joy, she got stuck.