What do u do when ur nervious

Posted by love at first fright

last yr my father got hurt and when he called us and told us he was in the hospital i was nervious i started 2 clean up it was weird idk why i was cleaning up :(

Posted by Klarth

It entirely depends on the circumstance. I'm not about to obsessively start washing my hands if I think I've ****ed up on an exam.

I don't really get nervous anymore these days...

Posted by Arczu

When you are nervous, you tend to act in a manner you usually would not. It seems like you do it to try and maybe comfort yourself or calm down. That could be a reason... I'm not pro at this kind of analogy.

But if it got you cleaning, I don't think it's bad. Lots of people hate cleaning...

Posted by The Judge

On the very very rare occasions I get nervous, I stutter or lose myself mid-sentence. It's annoying.

Posted by Slade

Apparently, speaking from just this week experiences, I talk a lot. I also take pictures of myself, play guitar, chug bottles of sparkling cider, blare music and strangely don't play any video games at all. Basically things that take time that also engage my mind so I don't space out and think about the anxiety.

But I agree that it totally depends on the circumstances.

edit: Oh, if I were to be embarrassed or nervous in from of someone, then I guess I'd usually just act crazy. Or act really laid back. Whichever one would give less of how I really feel away.

Posted by muffla

when i get nervoud i crack my knuckles or like most other people here i clen my house

Posted by Eggroll

weird, i wish i would start cleaning my house. when i get nervous, i just start eating.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Eggroll: when i get nervous, i just start eating.

Haven't seen Juliebriggs for a while...

Posted by NEMI

I hate when I get nervous...if I'm not fidgeting, I'm bitting my nails(I'm trying to leave that nail thing).

Posted by Echo

I rarely get nervous. I'm lucky enough to never have been given anything to REALLY be nervous about (such as a close friend or family member being seriously [near death] injured), and things like school and tests just don't bother me. I specifically remember a time year before last when I had a big English paper due in about 2 days (we'd had the assignment for about 2 weeks, so we could do research and such). One of the girls in my class asked if I was done with mine yet, and I just told her that I was finished with research but hadn't started writing. She thought it was weird that I wasn't nervous, because she was totally done with hers and was just getting people to help proof read it and she was freaking out about it.

Anywho, cracking my knuckles seems to be a nervous habit for me. I always crack my knuckles normally, but I do it a lot more if I'm nervous.

Posted by Slade

When I'm struck with random nervousness, like just walking by people my age or something, I'll touch my face with my hand, usually around the eyebrow area.

Posted by NeXidala

When I get nervous I get a weird feeling in my stomach, like I gotta go to the bathroom. And also, my hands get all cold but the rest of my body gets really warm. I also, fix my bed for some reason.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't really have anything to get nervous about anymore. But when it did happen I'd usually just quite down and get a look of severe concentration on my face. Though, I wouldn't be concentrating, I was trying not to feel physically ill.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'm almost never nervous...... never.

When I am, though, I laugh. Not a maniacle laugh or anything, just a chuckle.

Posted by Xero

I usually relax in front of the TV or play a VG when I'm nervous. Makes me forget about whats happening around me.

Posted by mis0

I make myself disappear. It's really not that hard when you try.

Posted by Shin-Ra

When I get nervous I begin talking and smoking a lot. I've been cracking down on the second one a lot, so I'll go with the first. I remember when I was younger I'd bite or chew on my bottom lip when I was nervous, to the point where I used to draw blood on occassion.

Posted by

Eat, or master debation because im a fat guy who loves to debate...oh wait thats when im happy....nervous is for pervs!!

Posted by Fate

Dirty habit, but I bite my nails (when I don't have a manicure). I sleep, too, which is just weird.

Posted by Boner

I put on the darkest pair of shades possile to hide my eyes, and then I smoke.

Posted by Dexter

I go with silence and start thinking really fast.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Princess Fate: Dirty habit, but I bite my nails (when I don't have a manicure). I sleep, too, which is just weird.

I sleep, too. I just want to lose conciousness until it's all over, or at least that's how I look at it.

And, uh, you edited my post in this thread? I see no changes...

Posted by WackoHater2

I have a few actually. I crack my knuckles, pull on my fingers, touch my nose, and listen to music to get my mind off of things.

Posted by Iris

I'm never nervious...

Ah, I crack my knuckles, fiddle with my hair, compulsively clean, or just become really irritable, depending on the seriousness of the situation. Also, my skin tightens and I get goosebumps. :)

On some ocassions, I've just gone to my bed and wrapped myself in a blanket. I don't go to sleep or anything, I just want the warmth. Cuddling with a pet is also good.

I should probably start talking to people close to me when I'm nervous. It's usually pretty consoling.

Posted by Raptor

What do I do when I'm nervous? Smoke marijuana cause getting high on (insert one of hundreds of slang terms here) is awesome.

But seriously, I fondle myself.

Posted by Slade

Seriously seriously?

seriously. I know I would if I was a wolf. I mean, come on. Autofellatio? **** win.

Posted by loathing

if you weren't all social reprobates then you wouldn't get nervous. rise to the occasion! seize your opportunity! life doesn't come to those who sit around and fiddle with their genitals!

Quoted post: life doesn't come to those who sit around and fiddle with their genitals!

You'd be surprised.

Posted by Aesthetic

I speak very fragmentedly. I do so normally, but when nervous, it becomes magnified to the point where I can't finish any sentence that I begin. Of course, this is my reaction to not only nervousness; but surprise, excitedness, confusion, over-analyzing a situation, sadness, etc.

Not embarrassment, though. Whenever something happens or I do something that has the possibility of being embarrassing, I just laugh it off with a sarcastic remark. It's usually funny when I embarrass myself, anyway, to the point where even I have to admit that if I'd seen someone else do it, I would've cracked up laughing.

Posted by Slade

I know someone who acts just like that. I do the fragmented sentences one occaisionally when I'm thinking really hard, and the sarcastic remark one quite often.

Posted by Ayu

I play video games, or hide away in the dark.

Posted by Dog

I get a quick heartbeat that you can see thumping if you looked at my chest. Then i take deep breaths. But thats only if I'm extremely nervous.