Worst Mario Game?

Posted by Arcadios

Has there been a Mario game you've played and it was really bad?
Or outta all the Mario games you played, which one was the least appealing to you?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Mario Baseball.

Posted by Demonblade

Anything after super mario world 2...excluding mario cart 64, sucked in my honest opinion. Then again, i really havent been a huge nintendo fan since i got my first playstation.

Posted by NeXidala

Uhm, Mario Tennis get's bleak after a while, it's like modern ping pong, lol.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Vampiro: Mario Baseball.

I could not agree more.

That and any of the "Let's Count with Mario!" type games.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Any Mario game that wasn't a platformer or Action/Adventure. Excluding the Mario Karts and Parties of course.

Posted by Arcadios

Mario Kart: Super circuit for GBA

Posted by muffla

i agree with all of you with the exception of mr nintento over here mario kart super circuit was baisically mario 64 on the game boy

anyways enough dissageeing with other people

my least fav mario game would have to be mario party 2 they were all good but 2 the mini games where not as fun as the original and you always got the sameones again and again and again. and finally the cowboy hats gave me nightmares

Posted by Demotion

Sorry but Mario party 2 was the best Mario part for me maybe because it was the first I played.

Posted by MarioStar

mario party 5 bores the crap out ofme (exept for dinger derby:))

Posted by WackoHater2

I usually like all of the Mario games. Super Mario Sunshine is one of my favorites. I have never played Mario Baseball or Mario Tennis, because I am not really into sports, so I don't have an opinion on them. Out of all of the ones I have played, I'd have to say all of the Mario Party games suck the most. They are all really boring and not fun in any kind of sense.

Posted by Zeta

Mario Party 4.

Posted by GameMiestro

Mario Party 4 and up.

Posted by muffla

i still play the original mario party but that **** slot car dirby ****es the hell outa me

my least fav mario game would have to be mario soccer, they have taken mario sports way too far. in my own pooinion mario tenis on gc was the last good mario sport game

Posted by Kit

Mario Tennis, probably.

Posted by brownoystercult

Super Mario Bros 3!

Just kidding..

Quoted post: Mario Tennis, probably.

That game was great, you dick.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, Mario Tennis ruled, at least on the 64.

I didn't much like WHERE'S MARIO or whatever it was called for the SNES. Well, I rented it without a manual and I had no clue how to do anything, but it was still my least favorite Mario experience.

Posted by Zeta

Well of course Mario is Missing and those Mario Preschool games were the worst; they weren't even made by Nintendo.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Vampiro: That game was great, you dick.

I don't like sports games. :(

That's what was so great about it. Sports games suck, but it managed to be simple and fun.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Dark Kirby: I don't like sports games. :(

There are only three sports games I've ever liked:

1. Tecmo Superbowl(SNES)
2. Mario Tennis
3. Some baseball game for GB... might have been Mario Baseball, but idk

Quoted post: 1. Tecmo Superbowl(SNES)
2. Mario Tennis
3. Mutant League Football
4. Blades of Steel
5. NHL 98

fix'd

Posted by GameMiestro

Nobody ever mentions Mario Golf for the GBA. That game was, like, the best Mario sports game ever.

Maybe that's because nobody ever played it... :(

Posted by MottaTheHutt

The last three Mario Parties. All the "improvements" to the series are just making it worse.

But I do look forward to the inevitable Mario Party games for the Wii.
Mario Party + Wii-fi = Potential

Quoted post: Mario Party + Wiimote = Potential

fix'd, because playing a "board" game over the net doesn't interest me.

Posted by Zeta

It would suck to play Mario Party online for an hour, just to have some fag disconnect during the last turn.

Posted by Klarth

Mario Party 3, 4 and 5. Haven't played the most recent two.

Posted by Linko_16

I haven't played a Mario game I haven't liked, but I avoid ones that look dumb.

Posted by Bebop

Mario Party 2 was class. 3 was ok and I'll even let 4 slip. Another other party after that is shocking.

Posted by Arcadios

I liked 2 the best. =(

Posted by Raptor

I'm the first one to mention Mario is Missing. wtf is wrong with you people

Posted by Zeta

Meh, I don't think that should count. It wasn't even made by Nintendo anyways, right?

Posted by Raptor

Mario is in the game and even in the game's title, so I feel it counts, even though it was made by an educational developer. I just remember renting it without having any prior knowledge of what it was and being thoroughly disgusted.

Posted by Klarth

Mario's Time Machine was far, far worse. Seriously, it was like "HEY GUYS LET'S THROW YOU ON A SURFBOARD UNTIL YOUR CONTROLLER ROTS IN YOUR HANDS AND THEN YOU MEET BEETHOVEN AND MARIO'S IN THIS GAME FOR SOME REASON".

Posted by Ant

Quoting Klarth: Mario's Time Machine was far, far worse. Seriously, it was like "HEY GUYS LET'S THROW YOU ON A SURFBOARD UNTIL YOUR CONTROLLER ROTS IN YOUR HANDS AND THEN YOU MEET BEETHOVEN AND MARIO'S IN THIS GAME FOR SOME REASON".

Indeed, this was the first one that came to mind for me. I rented it when I was kid, and I thought to myself "wtf iz goin on here". Turned it off, and returned it the next day.

Mario is Missing wasn't much better, but it had it's moments.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Raptor:

I'm the first one to mention Mario is Missing. wtf is wrong with you people

What I loved that game. The boss battles were really easy, but I found it informative. I was on my whole geographer Kamek thing then.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Zeta: Well of course Mario is Missing and those Mario Preschool games were the worst; they weren't even made by Nintendo.

I actually enjoyed Mario is Missing. However, Mario's Time Machine wasn't nearly as cool.

I didn't like Mario Party 1 or 3 a lot. The rest of the Parties were good, though.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Mario Party 6ish and up. Mario just doesn't party like he used to. :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

Hmmm.. This is going deep, but I have to say Mario Paint. It may not have been your average run of the mill Mario title. Or your educational Mario-whore. But, it WAS a Mario related title none the-less. And it blew. Making Microsoft Paint and Power Point seem all that much better..

Posted by coolness432

I'm going to have to go mario Party's after 2 and MARIO'S FUN WITH NUMBERS!!!!! all those Mario "educational" games. I quite liked Mario Kart 64 and Mario Tennis on the Virtual Boy is awesome

Posted by protomanv4

Super Mario 64

just kidding

Super Mario Sunsine wasent vary good.

Posted by Bebop

Super Mario Sunshine certainly isnt the worst Mario game either. Those playroom levels were class.

Posted by Orlandu

Mario Paint and Mario is Missing. You don't even controll Mario, thats like makin a Batman game and having Robin as the main character.

Posted by Bebop

Your reasons for those being bad games is retarded. Even if Mario is Missing is turd.

Posted by Orlandu

Name one good Mario game without Mario *******

Posted by Zeta

Yoshi's Story...

... What? I thought it was a good game. >_>;

Posted by Bebop

Yoshis Story was a good game. Just too short.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Mario is Missing and Mario Paint. Blah! I like action and adventure. Not education games, and I stink at drawing!

Posted by sadday4thenewbs

Jesse's face is the worst Mario game.

Posted by Jaems

Mario is Missing, Mario's Time Machine.

And every Mario Party that isn't Mario Party 2.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Arcadios: Mario Kart: Super circuit for GBA

Is that a joke or something? I mean if any Mario Kart game is going to be rated the worst Mario game of all time than the awful Mario kart 64 deserves it.

Posted by alscott333

Super Mario Sunshine or Mario Party 6...or 5 I can't remember. No mario N64 games where bad :D

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Bebop: Is that a joke or something? I mean if any Mario Kart game is going to be rated the worst Mario game of all time than the awful Mario kart 64 deserves it.

I'd have to agree with him, actually. A 3D graphics engine that only allows for a flat, poorly-rendered floor and sprite characters didn't make for a good Mario Kart game in my opinion.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Bebop: Is that a joke or something? I mean if any Mario Kart game is going to be rated the worst Mario game of all time than the awful Mario kart 64 deserves it.

...but....I liked MK64.
:(

Posted by MarioStar

Mario Party 5 got real old real fast.

Posted by shalini

Mario Baseball
Mario Party 4 and up.

Posted by ZOSO

mario and luigis superstar saga for GBA. it kind of held my attention for a while, but it got really boring

Posted by Xero

I'm hesitating. There are a few games that I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would.
I think...Mario Kart (for SNES) was probably the worst Mario game I played so far. After having played and enjoyed Mario Kart 64 so much, I realized how ****ty that game was. I know it was all about the race, but the maps were so short. And the game didn't have that multiplayer balloon game which I enjoyed quite a lot on 64.

Posted by Yoshi man

mario party advance...it's for the gameboy... and it sux

Posted by Yoshi man

mario party advance...it's for the gameboy... and it sux

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Those horrible CD-I remakes are the worst out of all of them

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Aeroshadow5098: Those horrible CD-I remakes are the worst out of all of them

Actually the only CD-I Mario game released was Hotel Mario. I don't recall reading that it was as bad as lets say the CD-I Zelda games.

I'd have to say the worst games to bear the name MARIO are those pre-school ones released on the SNES.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

sorry, i didn't mean to make it plural

well, lets makes a poll. Hotel Mario, or preschool mario?

oh and you are very correct in saying that cd-i zelda is worse than cd-i mario

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Aeroshadow5098: sorry, i didn't mean to make it plural

Tis alright.

[Quote]well, lets makes a poll. Hotel Mario, or preschool mario?

oh and you are very correct in saying that cd-i zelda is worse than cd-i mario

Actually I have never played Hotel Mario, but like I said I did read about it at different places, and it looked interesting. I have though played the Mario Preschool games. My mom bought them for my little bro back in the mid 90's. So horrible, it's a disgrace.

Have you (or anyone) played Hotel Mario (or even the preschool games)

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

sadly, i have and oh my *** it sucked. i thought it sucked more than the preschool games. i played it once at my friend's nephew's house. it was ***forsaken horrible!!!!