Going to see Angels and Airwaves in concert, tonight!!!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

They're opening for Taking Back Sunday at the Mesa Amphitheatre in Mesa, AZ. My friends and I have pit tickets. The show starts at 6PM.

I really don't like Taking Back Sunday. I'm more excited about AVA (Angels and Airwaves). They're not the best band in the world (Metallica is). They're pretty good, though.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Fei-on Castor: They're opening for Taking Back Sunday at the Mesa Amphitheatre in Mesa, AZ. My friends and I have pit tickets. The show starts at 6PM.

I really don't like Taking Back Sunday. I'm more excited about AVA (Angels and Airwaves). They're not the best band in the world (Metallica is). They're pretty good, though.

Yeah, my friend went to that same concert but it was here where I live....she said it rocked so it should be pretty good!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Seen 'em once. Not that impressed. Wouldn't go again.

Have fun.

Posted by Xero

I have their CD "we dont need to whisper". The only song I like from it is The adventure. I wouldn't go see them. Have fun anyway dude :D

Posted by Kamek

That's the band with Tom DeLonge right? He made some pretty big claims about AVA, saying they were like Pink Floyd and a whole bunch of other bands all wrapped into one. They didn't seem to get good reviews at all. Are they any good?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Their CD is pretty good, except that the songs all sound pretty similar. They're all good, but too similar to each other.

They really shine when they play live, though. Seriously, Tom puts on one hell of a show.

I ran through the gate leading to the backstage area when the security guard wasn't looking. I talked to Tom for a few minutes, and asked if I could come down and hang out with him. He said that was fine, but he doubted the guards would let me. I told him to just say that I was with him, and he said the guards never listen to him anyway. So I returned to the top of the backstage area and considered just walking to where Tom was, and after about 30 seconds, decided I was going to do it. Right as I was about to hop down there and walk towards Tom, a jerk-off in a red shirt asked me for my all-access pass. I told him I just didn't have one, and he make freaking leave.

How do people get backstage passes to concerts anyway? It's not like you can just pay extra for one...

Posted by Altinure

pretty sure it sounds like he didn't want you bakc there with him

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Their CD is pretty good, except that the songs all sound pretty similar. They're all good, but too similar to each other.

They really shine when they play live, though. Seriously, Tom puts on one hell of a show.

I ran through the gate leading to the backstage area when the security guard wasn't looking. I talked to Tom for a few minutes, and asked if I could come down and hang out with him. He said that was fine, but he doubted the guards would let me. I told him to just say that I was with him, and he said the guards never listen to him anyway. So I returned to the top of the backstage area and considered just walking to where Tom was, and after about 30 seconds, decided I was going to do it. Right as I was about to hop down there and walk towards Tom, a jerk-off in a red shirt asked me for my all-access pass. I told him I just didn't have one, and he make freaking leave.

How do people get backstage passes to concerts anyway? It's not like you can just pay extra for one...

I agreed with the part about all songs being the same. Its true that they dont really work on the music, but more on what they say.

Its sucks that you coudn't talk to Tom. At least an autograph would have been good.