War of the RTS games

Posted by Jediknight

A poll to see which is the Best RTS out there: Starcraft, Warcraft, BFME, WOTR, Age of Empires ( and all the games similar to it plus the expansions )
VOTE NOW!!!

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Heh, I chose Warcraft. My favorite RTS. I never really could get into StarCraft that much.

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

Starcraft. If I still had that game I'd still be playing it.

Posted by war_criminal

If anything you should add another RTS to that poll! The one im talking about is Act of War! If you havent tried it yet that I strongly suggest that you do because you dont know what your missing! The graphics are awesome and so is the storyline!! I saw this really cool trailer too! I will leave a link to the trailer and to the demo at the end of this post.

Trailer:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/actofwardirectaction/media.html

Demo:
http://dlx.gamespot.com/?tag=gs_lnav_dlx

P.S.
I would watch the trailer before playing the demo not only cuz its cool but it gives you a pretty good idea of the storyline!

Posted by bazariah

i cant see an option for red alert :bowser:

westwood's rts games were always the best ones

Posted by Jediknight

Quoting bazariah: i cant see an option for red alert :bowser:

westwood's rts games were always the best ones

dam....now I must create a new poll...oh and sorry for the spelling Issues....NEED MORE VOTES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Posted by loony636

The age of Empires 1 + 2 and Age of Mythology are the best. Starcraft and Warcraft aren't bad but the Age ofs are the best. They have good graphics, a range of units and civilizations, good gameplay and the best storylines. Maybe the Warcraft storylines were a little better, but, overall, the Age ofs were better.

Posted by D.J Cat

No Command & Conquer?

Command & Conquer
Tiberian Sun
Red Alert
Red Alert 2

Those would be your best RTS games.

Posted by Black_Wolf

I agree that the AoE series is the best RTS. The game allows for so many different styles of play. You can choose to play defensively, offensively or whatever fits you best. I love WC and SC, but there was not really a way to play defensively. There weren't very many defensive structures and pretty much the person with the most units wins. At leasts thats my experience. AoE offers the best variety in a genre that is overrun with titles. And whats with the including Battle for MiddleEarth and War of the Ring on the Poll? If you're gonna do those, you have to put in Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, the whole C&C series, etc. etc. There are tons of 'em.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Black_Wolf: but there was not really a way to play defensively. There weren't very many defensive structures and pretty much the person with the most units wins.

I agree. In Warcraft there are walls and towers, but they aren't useful at all. Everyone I have played with and against in WC and SC have said that the only way to play defence is to have an army blocking the entrance to your base. That is annoying, costly and you lose the ability to attack and defend at the same time becuase your army's busy defending!

Posted by Acheron

AoE is, and always will be, the thinking man's RTS. Blizzard games and the like are all about who can press the most hotkeys in the shortest amount of time. AoE, as well as Rise of Nations- its true successor, in my opinion- are about real strategies.

Posted by Al Borland

Quoting loony636: I agree. In Warcraft there are walls and towers, but they aren't useful at all. Everyone I have played with and against in WC and SC have said that the only way to play defence is to have an army blocking the entrance to your base. That is annoying, costly and you lose the ability to attack and defend at the same time becuase your army's busy defending!

You couldn't be more wrong. The undead's best attribute is their ability to have their farms attack. In other races building farms serves only as room to accommodate more warriors, but for the undead these farms attack too. Building defense towers is something I do with every race. Towers can help defend rushing. There are numerous ways to play defense, and the most effective is having a strong ground defense with a great air defense. Having an army block your base would do nothing, as air units could easily fly in from a different side.

Posted by CannedMonkey

Quoting D.J Cat: No Command & Conquer?

Command & Conquer
Tiberian Sun
Red Alert
Red Alert 2

Those would be your best RTS games.

Haha are u kidding me There not that good of games tiberian sun red alert Are th exact same game and so is dune 200 there all teh same just To Missions are differtent Lol Not good! But i guess it's ur opinion! I must say i love my AoE i play it all the time here and there but i' goin with Starcraft just becasue i have been playing it since it came out and it still has Wicked Graphics compared to New age Rts games!! But have any of you Played the Warlord rts games wow those are very fun there probably up there as well They have many races they got heroes! your heroes can be certain things liek clerics warriors Necromancers etc. And u Can Piekc up weapons and equipment for Hero around the map and this is all an RTs game i suggest u all go out and pick this up!!! Very fun!