Wii launch date?!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I was flicking through the Nintendo Europe stie just now. I went onto the release page:

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=COvq0wlxoGeCudWhk-OyNVwKg2aiiVkO

And half-way down, there's something called '42 All-Time Classics', published by Nintendo.

Could this be the Virtual Console? I can't think of anything else...

September 29th, here Wii come.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Well, September has been mention more than once lately. Still seems a bit early though...

But **** that if it means I get it a couple months early. Wooo.

Posted by Eggroll

Hmm, not quite enough evidence to say for sure. But that's really early if it's true.

Further inspection (as I leaped before really looking) indicates that it's under the DS header. But nevertheless - I didn't know about this. :D

EDIT: Apparently it's known as Clubhouse Games in the US, and it's poker, draughts, stuff like that.

Posted by Arcadios

I can't wait for it.
I'll have some amount of money for the Wii and at least one game.

Posted by maian

Bah. If it comes in September, I can't pull the money card for my birthday present and get $20 from at least 15 people. =(

...I can, but not in time. I'll be a month late. I'm hoping it'll come out after October 20th, so I can get it on the first day. =)

...Either way, I'm getting one in October, so I guess I can't complain.

Posted by protomanv4

I would lol if it came in August in the USA and Canada. I think it was going to come out in December in Europe. Heck if it does come out in September or mabye August I could get it as a b-day gift lol :).

Posted by Klarth

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=5784

Second of October.

Oh shiz. Why didn't I spot that? I was looking for patterns and everything!

EDIT: Because I was looking at the UK dates :D

Yeah, plus, so many kids have found patterns that point to October 2nd. Guess this just confirms it. Very cool that's it's so close.

Posted by victimofadown

Quoting Klarth: http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=5784

Second of October.

yeah ign said that too.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/720/720864p1.html

Posted by Pit_42

It's gonna be released shortly after the apocalypse.

Posted by s0ul

Am I the only one that thought this seemed way too obvious? You'd think they'd be a little more clever...

Also, I don't understand what's stopping it from being released on one of those other Mondays.

Quoting s0ul: Also, I don't understand what's stopping it from being released on one of those other Mondays.

Those other Mondays are later than the PS3 release.

There's another theory about James Bond, or something, but I'll recount it in the morning. Right now I'm dead on my feet.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Wings: Those other Mondays are later than the PS3 release.

There's another theory about James Bond, or something, but I'll recount it in the morning. Right now I'm dead on my feet.

No, not those Mondays. The October 9th-November 6th Mondays.

Edit: forgot to mention how the VVII thing would make for badass marketing.

Holy magic, that date thing is most awesome.

But yeah. It was derived from the release schedule for DS:

October 9: Clubhouse Games
October 16: Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
October 23: Magical Starsign
October 30: Pokémon Ranger, Children of Mana
November 6: Elite Beat Agents
November 13: Yoshi's Island 2
December 4: Custom Robo Arena, Kirby Squeak Squad

They're all Mondays, and the only dates without releases are Oct 2, Nov 20 and 27. The latter two are after the 17th.

Posted by s0ul

Haha, I know this man, I'm just saying, isn't it possible to come out on a day that also has DS releases?

Oh, it is. but the press release said that somewhere there might be a code saying when the Wii would be released, and people looked for patterns.

Also, I just realised - X is ten, not VV.

Posted by s0ul

Eh, it still works if you just add it all together.

Meh.

I was just browsing through Revo-Europe release dates, and found this:
http://www.revo-europe.com/game.php?gid=wiiconsole

Look on the right-hand column. Guesswork or not?

Posted by Axis

I'll wait for an official announcement from Nintendo before I believe any of these guess dates.

Posted by Moogs

**** yes... Just 3 weeks after my birthday

Posted by Bebop

New news!

http://news.spong.com/article/10526?cb=456

Well new rumours and speculation.

I want a red Wii and if I have to wait a few months to get it then so be it.

Posted by Ant

$230 is fine by me. And I have a feeling they will be pushing for the November 2nd date. More edge against Sony.

As for that gamecube player, wtf? I haven't heard anything of this! If they could actually get something like this to work, I'm not sure how well it would sell...I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Har, Spong. This article is bull**** from start to finish.

Posted by Bebop

You make it sound as if Spong makes up lies :c

They do.

Posted by muffla

i would like to believe this but im still unsure i mean if you ask a person to find conections they will find some just think of the way to fold the 20 dollar bill to see the twin dollars burning (http://www.allbrevard.net/) but it owuld be cool with the VVII thing

as for the game cube player if it is true its possable that nintendo will dominate the handheld market once again (unless microsofts handheld dosnet compleatly suck)

Posted by maian

I want November 2nd.

There would be no day more perfect than that, methinks.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'll probably end up waiting a while to get one. Until the next Animal Crossing comes out. Hopefully around March. Birthday = good. I saw a lime green one in a GamePro magazine a while back. If they have that color available, thats what I want.

Quoted post: Hopefully around March.

Spoilers: Nintendo dies.

October 2nd still sounds good to me.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: They do.

Lies. Bitter and twisted lies.

As far as I can remember, the articles I've read on Spong have always been truthful when they say it is. They either class something as rumour and speculation or truth. Can you give me an example of a news article which is false and they said otherwise?

No, because I don't read the site. I've just learned not to trust them - the reason being, that too often they make a running jump at something that most of the community believe to be true and report it as news - it can be correct, but it's the method of reportage that I mistrust.

Posted by Axis

IGN is now reporting the same thing. Take it as you will.

Interesting. What's their source?

Posted by Bebop

In the Spong article they actually mention IGN has been saying the same thing.

Posted by Drewboy64

These are all rumors, but if it releases in october/November 2nd, I'll be happy. And 230 seems like a good price. If it weren't for Wii coming out then, I'd be really depressed about summer ending.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Wings: Interesting. What's their source?

They claim to have "inside information." [IMG]http://media.teamxbox.com/forum/smilies/lol.gif[/IMG]

Posted by james j

axis is right, alot of the rumors are not true, they seem so great that you want to believe them, remember the portable gamecube rumor?
'42 All-Time Classics' is a bunch of old classic nes and snes games, and stuff like pac man, and tetris, and old arcade games, plus it said for the ds, read carfully

Quoted post: axis is right, alot of the rumors are not true, they seem so great that you want to believe them, remember the portable gamecube rumor?

That's completely different.

Posted by Crazy K

October 2nd sounds nice, hell even November 2nd sounds nice. The sooner the better. Plus I have a chance of actually buying it myself. :)