Why does no one like the GC?

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

A LOT of people I know don't like the GameCube. I ask them why and they say: "cause it's stupid". How is it stupid? Sure, it doesn't have a whole lot of game releases, but it's a great system. It's come out with great games, such as Viewtiful Joe (which is being made into a show, surprisingly), Animal Crossing, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (say what you want, but I love this game), and a bunch more. I love my GC, plain and simple. Anyone agree?

Posted by Dexter

The Game Cube is a terrific system, but I really haven't had as pleasant of an experience with it as I have with the Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, or regular Nintendo. I suppose one of the biggest reasons the Game Cube doesn't appeal to me as much is because it no longer has Rare creating games for them, besides Star Fox Adventures, which is definitely one of my favorite Game Cube titles, if not my favorite. I think the Cube would be far superior if it had Rare still with them. We almost had that Donkey Kong Racing game and I am sure the next Perfect Dark game would have been out by now, along with many others, I imagine. That is my biggest complaint with the system.

I still find the Game Cube better than the PS2 and X Box, although that isn't saying much. This generation has been most disappointing.

Quoting Dexter: The Game Cube is a terrific system, but I really haven't had as pleasant of an experience with it as I have with the Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, or regular Nintendo. I suppose one of the biggest reasons the Game Cube doesn't appeal to me as much is because it no longer has Rare creating games for them, besides Star Fox Adventures, which is definitely one of my favorite Game Cube titles, if not my favorite. I think the Cube would be far superior if it had Rare still with them. We almost had that Donkey Kong Racing game and I am sure the next Perfect Dark game would have been out by now, along with many others, I imagine. That is my biggest complaint with the system.

I still find the Game Cube better than the PS2 and X Box, although that isn't saying much. This generation has been most disappointing.

What happened to Rare anyway?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: What happened to Rare anyway?

Purchased by Microsoft.

Anywho, I like my GCN, but, honestly, it's probably my least favorite of the current three consoles in this generation, it just has a lack of game titles, I mostly find myself keeping it around because of Nintendo 1st party games.

There's the occasional good 3rd party game like Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4.

Plus, I really dislike the controller of the GCN, it just doesn't fell all that great when playing and it just doesn't work with most multiformated games released on the Cube.

I've had fun with it and will continue to, but I fell I've more fun with my Xbox and PS2.

Quoting boomstick: Purchased by Microsoft.

Anywho, I like my GCN, but, honestly, it's probably my least favorite of the current three consoles in this generation, it just has a lack of game titles, I mostly find myself keeping it around because of Nintendo 1st party games.

There's the occasional good 3rd party game like Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4.

Plus, I really dislike the controller of the GCN, it just doesn't fell all that great when playing and it just doesn't work with most multiformated games released on the Cube.

I've had fun with it and will continue to, but I fell I've more fun with my Xbox and PS2.

As I've said before, though it has not many game releases out, most, if not all, of them are worth playing.

How can you dislike the GCN controller? I love that thing. It's great. But, that's just me.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: As I've said before, though it has not many game releases out, most, if not all, of them are worth playing.

How can you dislike the GCN controller? I love that thing. It's great. But, that's just me.

I disagree, I can think of quite a few GCN exculsives that just downright suck, examples Kirby's Air Ride and Space Invaders(The Remake)

I just don't like the fell of the controller I much prefer the Dual Shock 2 or Controller S over it.

Quoting boomstick: I disagree, I can think of quite a few GCN exculsives that just downright suck, examples Kirby's Air Ride and Space Invaders(The Remake)

I just don't like the fell of the controller I much prefer the Dual Shock 2 or Controller S over it.

Space Invaders I didn't like. MOST of the games I've played for GCN, however, I liked. The only ones I didn't like were TMNT (WHY DID I RENT THAT PIECE OF CRAP???!!!), Ribbit King, Tak, and Vexx. That's about it. I actually enjoyed Kirby's Air Ride. It was okay. Boring, but fun in the same kind of way.

Posted by Bubblez

I just can speak for myself but the GC doesn't have much games that I'm really interested in. Don't get me wrong, I don't say the games are bad, it's just that they don't fit my taste.

Four Swords Adventure and Crystal Chronicles made me think about buying an GC, but I refuse to buy a second or even third gameboy to enjoy the games. And I play alone most of the time anyway so the games wouldn't be as good as they intend to be.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I haven't had my GC for a terribly long time, but I do enjoy it quite a bit. I don't like it quite as much as my PS2, but I definitely am glad that I bought it. And I actually like the GC controller. Not as grand as the PS2's, but a hell of a lot better than the Xbox's. I would love the GC even more if companies would release more RPG's for it.

Posted by Grasin

I have had my Gamecube for a good 2 years and let me tell you i love that system, The main reason i like the system is because, One it is small and portable, Two i love the controler, and Three, well i just like the games they have for the system

Posted by Looski

I think compared to the other systems, we were let down. Not to say that its not a good system. All this system has is Nintendo games. Like pretty much no other support. So that limits the ratings it will get.

Posted by Crazy K

The gamecube is great I wish I had one. I was going to get one but then I realized that If I got the PS2 I could play all my new PS2 games and PS1 games. But IfI had the money I would most defitally get a GC.

Posted by Scorpion

I like the Gamecube but too many of it's games are Mario like(focus more on cartoonish games). I think that it doesn't have as wide a gaming selection(in terms of the type of game) as PS2 and Xbox. Most of the games I see are adventure or RPG.

Posted by loony636

There aren't actually that many games of Mario. There's Super Smash Brothers Melee (if you can call that one), Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion. Not many at all.

What's wrong with cartoonish graphics, there's nothing wrong with them at all. Its only that some people prefer *realistic* graphics to cartoon graphics. Still, there are pleanty of games that don't have cartoon graphics and that are perfectly good.

What's wrong with RPG or adventure games? The answer is nothing. There's nothing at all wrong with them. At lot of people prefer RPGs to sports games or racing games.

Posted by Roth

I love the Cube! It's an awesome system. I've been jammin' on Simpson's: Hit and Run, Metroid Prime (the first one, 'cuz I just got this system), and RE4. My wife has been playing Paper Mario. It seems there is something for everyone on this system.

It would be my second favorite system out of the three, though. PS/PS2 just has such an awesome library, that it's hard to compare anything else to them. XBox seems sub-par to me, though it has a few appealing games.

Posted by Izonik

The Cube is a very flawed concsole, and Nintendo have made a lot of stupid errors with it, but the GAMES are the best you'll find anywhere, which is why I love it.

Posted by Random

Perhaps you should have asked this question elsewhere besides the Gamecube Forum. You'll probably only get answers from the people who have the Gamecube or prefer the Gamecube in which visit this forum more.

But anywho it's not that the Gamecube is bad really, it's just not great. It's not the old Nintendo way. The Gamecube only had a few titles that were launched that people were excited over. They did well too. But most *cough* of the games were single playered games. Which nowadays people want more multiplayer/online games. Microsoft and Sony both having huge library's of both conquer the mountain. Even before I had xbox live, i'd have 40 friends come over and we'd have huge Halo 1 Lan parties.

Nintendo does have great titles though. I could name at least a dozen. But I could also name a Dozen Xbox Games that are great, and maybe half a dozen PS2 Games. The hardware was decent but another killer in the console was not having a DVD player. I used to work at KMart and I had people all the time asking me which gaming console had DVD players. So They normally walked out with the PS2, sometimes the Xbox. But I also got parents who wanted gaming consoles for their little kids. I Suggested that the Gamecube has great family based games, but they still ended up with a PS2 -_-. I don't know why. Personally I think the PS2 was pretty lame, other then a few great titles.

The Majority of the people you'll learn have PS2's. And if they don't have Gamecubes then their rather biased to their PS2. Even if people realize the Gamecube is better they'd probably stick with the PS2. Now those that have both consoles and prefer the PS2 like the Library of games. So more or less you'll have 30 some million people with PS2's who don't want anything to do with the Gamecube, or you'll have 20 some million people with xbox's that do the same or you'll have the 15 million gamecubes sold with people that just love it or don't play with it.

I guess I rambled on. Hope I made some sense.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Perhaps you should have asked this question elsewhere besides the Gamecube Forum. You'll probably only get answers from the people who have the Gamecube or prefer the Gamecube in which visit this forum more.

But anywho it's not that the Gamecube is bad really, it's just not great. It's not the old Nintendo way. The Gamecube only had a few titles that were launched that people were excited over. They did well too. But most *cough* of the games were single playered games. Which nowadays people want more multiplayer/online games. Microsoft and Sony both having huge library's of both conquer the mountain. Even before I had xbox live, i'd have 40 friends come over and we'd have huge Halo 1 Lan parties.

Nintendo does have great titles though. I could name at least a dozen. But I could also name a Dozen Xbox Games that are great, and maybe half a dozen PS2 Games. The hardware was decent but another killer in the console was not having a DVD player. I used to work at KMart and I had people all the time asking me which gaming console had DVD players. So They normally walked out with the PS2, sometimes the Xbox. But I also got parents who wanted gaming consoles for their little kids. I Suggested that the Gamecube has great family based games, but they still ended up with a PS2 -_-. I don't know why. Personally I think the PS2 was pretty lame, other then a few great titles.

The Majority of the people you'll learn have PS2's. And if they don't have Gamecubes then their rather biased to their PS2. Even if people realize the Gamecube is better they'd probably stick with the PS2. Now those that have both consoles and prefer the PS2 like the Library of games. So more or less you'll have 30 some million people with PS2's who don't want anything to do with the Gamecube, or you'll have 20 some million people with xbox's that do the same or you'll have the 15 million gamecubes sold with people that just love it or don't play with it.

I guess I rambled on. Hope I made some sense.

All but that last paragrah, please explain, plus you're numbers are WAY off, Sony has at least 70 million PS2 units sold.

Posted by legov8

I don't like the fact that there are people who put down other systems. They don't like the game cube because they say things like; Oh, Mario games are for kids, It doesn't play DVD"s blah blah blah blah blah. Mario games are not "kiddie", games like blues clues are kiddie. It's a VIDEOGAME system, not an entire entertainment system. People like that make me mad. I for one think the Game Cube is a great system.

Posted by Crono

I love the thing myself, and most people can't back up why they don't like it. The reason I hear the most is "they have no good games for it" but the problem is this--they have games like Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Star Fox, Smash Bros Melee, and tons of other amazing games, not to mention the Resident Evil series. It was definitely worth the $99 plus tax that I bought it for. :D

Posted by jmarr

The GC is awesome, but it's best as a second or third console and not your main system if you are a gamer.

It's perfect for casual gamers though because it's cheap and the few games available (the first party titles) are some of the best.

I think NIntendo is going to fix their mistakes with the Revolution.

Posted by joshgs

Who here has ssx 3 ???