Are you still going to get any of the new systems due to come out 4th quater?

Posted by Demotion

I'm a little worried if my judgement would help me bye the playstation 3 or the Wii.
My most conern is the PS3 since it's been getting worse and worse every month or so but I'm less worried about the Wii since Nintendo seems to be making the right moves with it's devlopment.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Getting them both :cookie:

I like to experience first-gen sony products. It's like an adventure.

Posted by victimofadown

go for the wii. because this is no way in hell you should buy the ps3 for....*** knows how much it cost now.

Quoted post: *** knows how much it cost now.

Same price it did when it was announce. Just over half a grand of sweet sony ****-ups. Can't wait :D

Posted by victimofadown

Quoting Vampiro: Just over half a grand of sweet sony ****-ups. Can't wait :D

wow thats almost the same as buying a sony computer.

Yeah, man. Haven't you seen the news? Sony insists that it's a computer, one that makes all other PCs obsolete.

Posted by s0ul

I'm glad my vision of a computer being controlled awkwardly by a control stick and no keyboard is shared with Sony.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'll be getting a Wii or two at launch. I might need a Christmas present for my sister or GF.

I signed up for all kinds of fun things on the internet to get a free X-box 360. All of said fun things have now been cancelled, and if EGM is to be believed, I should be receiving my free 360 by about November 2007. All is right with the world.

Posted by Arcadios

I'll get the Wii for sure but I need a job first. :(

Posted by Big Boss

If I can afford both machines, their accessories and a game or two for each, I'll buy both. Otherwise, if after checking the lineup of games within the respective launch windows for both systems I determine the PS3 doesn't have any titles I want to play, I'll get a Wii at launch instead. The Wii is cheaper and more interesting to try out than the PS3 at the time they both launch, and coupled with its expected cheaper price tag, it's the best choice under a limited budget situation. If buying the Wii will drain my wallet and bank account for a while, I'll likely just wait and buy some of the great games still being released for the current generation of systems.

Then again, all of that assuming pre-orders go smoothly. Either way, I'll surely own both in less than a year from release.

Posted by Last Fog

I was planning on getting a Wii, but now my plans have changed. There's a number of great games coming out for 360 in the remainder of this year, which will probably delay my purchase of a Wii. Eventually, though, if it turns out to be worth it, I'll get one.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'm going to own them all. Mostly for MGS4 in the case of the PS3.

Posted by Dexter

I want the Wii far more. I had earlier planned on getting both, but I have been losing my desire to get a PS3 as of lately and I don't think that desire will return. The Wii looks like tons of fun and I'll be getting it as soon as it is released. I'd instead put my money towards more Wii games over a PS3 system. I'll have the chance to play a PS3 when it is released and if I'm really impressed with it, I may get one.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I'm going to get a Wii right off the bat. I was going to get a 360 on the same day, but the expense is starting to worry me - just the Wii for me, I think.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Wings: I'm going to get a Wii right off the bat. I was going to get a 360 on the same day, but the expense is starting to worry me - just the Wii for me, I think.
Why would you do that? You should get a 360 earlier, play that for awhile, then get a Wii when it comes out. That way you're not overwhelmed with the cost all at once and you dont have to get accuostumed to both at at the same time. How would you choose what to play when you get two new consoles on one day?!

Quoted post: How would you choose what to play when you get two new consoles on one day?!

You know you can play them both on the same day, right?

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, but what would you play first!? Whenever I am overloaded with new games, I can't seem to stick with any of them for more than a few minutes. I want to try them all out before really going into detail with them.

I would, of course, play the Wii first.

360. In case the Wii's controls are so awesome that you couldn't possibly go back to tradtional gamepads.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro: You know you can play them both on the same day, right?
I'd still rather get it little by little over a period of time, and always have something new, rather than get it all at once. Like remember when you were a kid at Christmas and got a bunch of new toys. It was great at first but after a few days you were bored. Now if you open one toy a day, and take time to enjoy just that one toy, the experience would last longer. Eh, whatever.

If you have self-control, you can still buy them both and still have the same experience you would if you bought them separately.

Thus defeating the whole purpose of getting them at the same time, however.

Posted by Hammered On

360 or Wii, maybe.. I was going to get the PS3 for sure until I found out how much it costs.

The reason I'm waiting is because, right now, there's not enough to make me want to buy the system - I'll wait for HDMI, HD-DVD bundles and a possible price drop, kthx. I'm not even that bothered about it until this time next year - GTA4, you see.

Quoted post: The reason I'm waiting is because, right now, there's not enough to make me want to buy the system

Dead Rising. More than enough reason.

But yeah, holiday bundles should be worth the wait.

Right now there's a bundle for a 360 Premium, Prey and Oblivion, and I'm very, very tempted. But I can't justify the £300-odd it costs.

Dead Rising will probably be out by Christmas, with a bundle. I'll probably grab one then. My money might,however, go on PS3 games, seeing as the two people I'm sharing a house with are both getting one :cookie:

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I'm getting the Wii first because Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I want to get the first year not the second like when I got gamecube and ps2 the same day. The reason is because I don't want to go a year of being "angry"

Posted by Jonnymovgamer

I still plan on getting the Wii either at launch or close to launch.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'll be getting a Wii when the new Animal Crossing comes out for it, and a PS3 when Kingdom Hearts III comes out. I'll wait for the prices to go down and the systems to be debugged. I am a very patient man.. sometimes..

The Wii has a much greater chance than the PS3 to be of sound build at launch. There's much more than Animal Crossing available for it - and the GCN one will work on it, too :D

Posted by Unite

I will be buying both machines when they come out. Already have 360 anyways with 4 games sofar. I'm not happy with sony design of ps3 but i'm willing to play any system that gets n1 support.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Booyaka619: I'll be getting a Wii when the new Animal Crossing comes out for it, and a PS3 when Kingdom Hearts III comes out. I'll wait for the prices to go down and the systems to be debugged. I am a very patient man.. sometimes..

KH3 probably won't be around until 2010 earliest.

Unite - you have money to burn. Stop it, and give some to me.