Bomberman Generations

Posted by Arczu

Man, this game is fun. The 1 player mode is NOT boring once you get into it. Not to mention that you actually have to think when fighting the bosses. The whole charaboms thing was kinda cool too (Homing bombs, anyone?)

Multiplayer... OH THE FUN! Reversi Battle kicks so much arse it's crazy. If you ever played a Paint Panel Match, then you will know that this is EXACTLY what this is, except better. I wish I had bought this when it came out.

Has anyone played this? No seriously just play multiplayer if anything.

Posted by Kit

I've got the game, and I actually like playing multiplayer, quite a bit. I haven't played it in too long, but I do enjoy some parts of it. Mainly Dodge battle, I love that game. :)

Posted by Arczu

Yeah, that one was cool, but Strong computers require you to foul them up or it's always a draw...

*sees lack of replies*

Hey this game isn't THAT bad. Nobody else has played this? (And yes, the is no "s" at the end of Generations... my bad)

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Haha, never saw this thread.

I acutally enjoyed this game.... quite a bit.

The waterbombs were cool. :)

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I owned a copy of it when I had a Gamecube.

I enjoyed it. I beat and mastered it, have you?

Multiplayer is da Schizniiiite.

Posted by Arczu

I've almost beat it. I just have to figure out the last few stages. (Is it just me, or were those bomb merge item Mini Games QUITE difficult? I did that running away from the rock one like... 40 times, seriously!)

Mastery of the game... well I'm getting there. The computer was giving me a real hard time in battle games at first and I couldn't believe how good the AI was but now I'm getting better.

(Complete Shock on picking up a set-off landmine about to blow me up, throwing it away and it exploding immedietly when it lands knocking out some computers!)

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Try replaying story mode on normal from the beginning.

Try it against 3 other CP's on Easy then 2 then 3 on normal and you'll get it

Have you tried the red bombs yet?

Posted by Arczu

If by red... you mean Dangerous Bombs, I have seen those and know them very well from other bomberman games. Where two bombs are kicked together, they combine into one mean-looking bomb that explodes in a wide-area instead of lines. In one bomberman game, the area was equal to half the fire power put into that bomb! (causing chaos if someone got really lucky...)

I'm going to be at this again soon, because it's just loads of fun. That tune that plays during those 4 Mini-games is stuck in my head! And the battle theme was also used in Bombern DS. Not bad at all.

Also, if I never got the Marine Eel Charabomb, I probably would have been SICK of world 5. Homing bombs are so useful it's not even funny.

Posted by D.J Cat

I really liked Bomberman 64, in fact it got quite an extensive multiplayering a couple of months back.

Would this game provide anything new?

Posted by Arczu

Well it fuctions on two levels. Single Player game plays a lot like Bombman 64 in the sense of half-shpere explosions and Bomb jumping (eventually). You get attribute bombs (pratically manditory) and charabombs (which are like little animals that give Bomberman abilities). Seems slow at first, and you may be wondering around some stages for a little while, but it is actually a challenge when you get into it. Especially the bosses.

Multi-player has it's own essence. Bombs explode in the 4-directional style with most of the powerups you all remember. Though they added the "Super Power Glove" which lets you create dangerous bombs in your hand then throw them. They also snagged the Landmine. First bomb placed becomes a mine that hides underground, then explodes when stepped over. But it is all there. And it is tonnes of fun (plus the computer is a challenge when set to strong... they are not stupid).

But that's just standard battle. Reversi is very similar to a Paint-Panel match (if you ever played Bomberman Online). Flip the most paneles with you bomb explosions at the end of the time limit. Dodge Battle is where you are avoiding the bombs that rain down. Revenge battle is similar to a game of wack-a-mole (well looks kinda).

Posted by Bebop

Apart from the boss battles the single player was pretty naf. No why near as good as Bomberman 64.

I bought it for the multiplayer and thats where it shines. It's where bomberman shines full stop.

Posted by Pit_42

It's a pretty cool game.