So I just got back from Mexico and.....

Posted by poisonblood

I live right on the border and I go to Mexico frequently to have lunch and buy medication for Myself and pets because it is a hell of a lot cheaper there.

Well on the way back you have to go through a customs office were they ask you a series of questions like

''Are you a U.S citizen''
''Where were you born''
''When were you born''
''What was the purpose of your visit''
''What did you bring back''

Well the reason I went was to have luch, I had Cabrito(goat) So I was not bringing any thing back.

When the customs officer asked what did you bring back with you and I replied "Nothing" he gave me the most accusing look in the world. Then repeated his question. I then repeated my answer. Then he asked "Are you sure" I said yes. He asked me to turn around and for me to hit my pocets , and I did he then gave me a long hard look then decided to let me through.

The problem with this is that I go to Mexico every other week to have lunch and I have never had that happen to me.

I was not in the least bit worried because I had nothing to hide.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Probably they'd had a few more reports than usual of illegal smuggling or whatever, or the guy just thought you looked suspicious.

To be honest, getting cheaper drugs from Mexico is illegal smuggling, pretty much.. It's just that for personal use they turn a blind eye a lot of the time.

Posted by Xero

That guy probably thought you had a gangster head...just let him do his job. If you have nothing to worry about, you shouldn't mind.

Posted by Arwon

Hah, "cabrito". Like a tiny goat? Cute.

Where do you live?

Posted by poisonblood

Donna,TX

Posted by Klarth

Whenever I've flown to the USA in the past, I've had to sign a detailed landing card with questions like "Were you involved in the Cambodian Genocide?", "Were you implicated in the September 11 attacks?" and "Did you have any part in perpetrating Germany's Nazi regime in during or prior to the Second World War?"

It's America. Get used to the paranoia.

Posted by The Judge

He's just doing his job. Admittedly, he's being an [COLOR="black"]a[/COLOR]ss, but if you've got nothing to hide, then it should be no more than a minor annoyance.

Posted by poisonblood

I will probably be going back in a few days.
It would be really anoying if it happened again

Posted by sniper

Important question: Do you look Mexican?

Posted by poisonblood

I am Hispanic but I do not look Mexican. the customs oficer was not suspicious about me being American.

He thought that I was trying to smuggle somthing in.

Even the most Mexican looking person on earth can get in as long as they have good english and do not pronounce the word Yes "Jes" because that is what will screw you. They also need fake I.D that would help.

Posted by Xero

Quoting poisonblood: I will probably be going back in a few days.
It would be really anoying if it happened again

Why? Just let him do his job. Remember, you have nothing to hide. Eventually he'll let you go without any questions.

Posted by Arwon

If I go to study in Mexico and I end up going to the US for a visit, I'm going to try to confuse customs with my Australian passport and a funny accent.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting The Judge: He's just doing his job. Admittedly, he's being an [COLOR="black"]a[/COLOR]ss, but if you've got nothing to hide, then it should be no more than a minor annoyance.

If I had been on my computer yesterday, then you'd be quoting me right now :(

Posted by The Judge

Darwinism at its finest amirite?

Posted by bigmonkey930

im goin to my cousins wedding in mexico round the end of the year I look hispanc (puertorican) and i be all up on da talkin of dat perfect anglish
(JK, a lil lame) anyway they do anything like that on flights too?

Posted by Eggroll

I know this one Jap gurl who went down to mexico, she didn't speak Eng nor Spanish, so she had no idea what was going on when she was taken by a town police and put her away in the prison. they accused her of being a spy and kept her there for a week, and made her pay them money till they fianlly let her go.